• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 17th: PM2019 091 - The Ghost Train Departs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
- Allister somehow knows the recipe, which is supposed to be something only Honey knows.

He did steal the security guard’s ginger ale in Twilight Wings, so that’s not too much of a stretch.

why am i spending so much of my effort defending a fictional character, i need a life

nuzamaki90

lol The only episodes I've watched in their entirety since summer are the Iris battle, Volkner battle, and the Bea battle and I don't feel like I missed a thing. Sure, Journey's format makes it easier for people to hop in whenever they want, but in my experience, it makes it harder to retain viewers. I just can't be bothered to really care about what's going on anymore, since it feels like nothing really amounts to anything of major significance. So what if Goh catches a Pokemon, it's not like he is guaranteed to use it. So what if Chloe meets another Eevolution, we all know that Eevee uses Copycat and calls it a day. This type of stuff is also why I skip any episodes that focus on COTDs.

People who are fine with an episodic format will certainly enjoy Journeys, and people who struggle to keep up with a consistent and long-running plot will also have an easier time here. It's just not built for me.
Good thing Goh catching episodes just for the sake of don’t happen as often as they used to and Koharu actually plays active roles in these Eevee episodes now.

If you haven’t watched since the DP special; then you’ve missed Goh’s Drizzile evolving into Inteleon and Goh beginning to hold his own in Trial Missions. As well as Ash beginning to take the PWC much more seriously and seeking out powerup gimmicks that’ll give him an advantage in his upcoming matches. And finally, Koharu’s interactions with Dawn directly affecting her character for the better and giving her a more active role in episodes going forward.

And if you’re a fan of Journeys’ side characters, then you’ll be happy to know that a handful of them have been given more personality and roles in episodes, as well as the return of everyone’s favorite blond; Cynthia.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Good thing Goh catching episodes just for the sake of don’t happen as often as they used to and Koharu actually plays active roles in these Eevee episodes now.
Finally, Koharu’s interactions with Dawn directly affecting her character for the better and giving her a more active role in episodes going forward.
How has Chloe interacting with Dawn for two episodes worth of screen time helped her character development? I’m curious, since I didn’t get much from their interactions apart from two girls getting to know each other. Unless there were other Chloe-Dawn episodes that I forgot about.

D

Deleted member 384931

How has Chloe interacting with Dawn for two episodes worth of screen time helped her character development? I’m curious, since I didn’t get much from their interactions apart from two girls getting to know each other. Unless there were other Chloe-Dawn episodes that I forgot about.
Nope

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."

If you haven’t watched since the DP special; then you’ve missed Goh’s Drizzile evolving into Inteleon and Goh beginning to hold his own in Trial Missions. As well as Ash beginning to take the PWC much more seriously and seeking out powerup gimmicks that’ll give him an advantage in his upcoming matches. And finally, Koharu’s interactions with Dawn directly affecting her character for the better and giving her a more active role in episodes going forward.

And if you’re a fan of Journeys’ side characters, then you’ll be happy to know that a handful of them have been given more personality and roles in episodes, as well as the return of everyone’s favorite blond; Cynthia.
Some episodes I skip through to the interesting parts and others I completely skip over and just read the forums here. I just don't care about Goh and Chloe. I find both of them boring as hell, and the unique and refreshing aspects of Chloe's character just faded away after she caught Eevee. Returning characters kinda adds to my point about nothing really amounting to anything of major significance. Did Cynthia add anything important to show? Did she do something that fundamentally affected the structure of Journeys? If she did, then I'll go back and watch that episode, because based on the preview and what I read, it seemed like more contrived conflict.

I am not a fan of Journeys' side characters. Did that Magnemite dude get an episode focused on him yet?

nuzamaki90

Then you kind of missed a huge amount of development for Koharu. Koharu has always been a stick in the mud, a very by the books and “no fun allowed” type of person. Dawn showed her how to enjoy an adventure and not sweat the small stuff, as well as how to take charge in a situation instead of playing second fiddle in the background. Koharu before and after she met Dawn are two blatantly different versions of the character.

Some episodes I skip through to the interesting parts and others I completely skip over and just read the forums here. I just don't care about Goh and Chloe. I find both of them boring as hell, and the unique and refreshing aspects of Chloe's character just faded away after she caught Eevee. Returning characters kinda adds to my point about nothing really amounting to anything of major significance. Did Cynthia add anything important to show? Did she do something that fundamentally affected the structure of Journeys? If she did, then I'll go back and watch that episode, because based on the preview and what I read, it seemed like more contrived conflict.

I am not a fan of Journeys' side characters. Did that Magnemite dude get an episode focused on him yet?
I agree, I didn’t care about Goh or Koharu before either, but that’s changed as of the past couple months of episodes. Also, Cynthia’s dynamic is the same as it was back in DP, she’s a major pillar for Ash’s goal of becoming the strongest trainer, and her most recent episode was to reestablish the gap between them.

The pacing of this series is a mess. First Satoshi episodes usually once in three months, now 5 focus episodes in 2 months.
As someone who loathes JN Ash, I hate this. It’s Ash shilling

Soniman

Break the Limit
If people wanna watch the show by....barely watching the show I say let them. People consume media for different reasons and different ways and I've given trying to personally "get" the idea of consuming media that disappoints you since I'm someone with not a lot of free time and I'd rather partake in things I at least mildly enjoy but that's neither here nor there. Point is no one is under any obligation to watch every episode of a 1000+ episode anime and sticking to the eps you might enjoy is fair

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Tomorrow's issue of spoon.2Di will have a feature on these episodes, including an interview with Miura. So this is our big promotional event of the month.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
New summary:

Satoshi and Go have have gone to Shoot City Station to catch a train to Lateral Town in the Galar region. But when they board a train while running after a masked boy that dropped his ticket, Satoshi touches a mysterious stone that was left behind in a reserved seat which turns him into a "mean Satoshi"....?!

As they move through the cars in search of the masked boy, they discover a lot of Fuwante. Go is cautious, but Satoshi sets the Fuwante loose on Go and explodes with laughter when he sees him run away in fear! Go gets frustrated at how Satoshi calls him a coward and is acting uncharacteristically mean in general, but is also starting to feel supicious. However......?

Just then the masked boy appears before them, but immediately afterwards the train is shaken by an impact. It turns out that the Mikaruge that had been sealed inside the "Keystone" Satoshi touched has woken up and is going on a rampage, angrily demanding the return of the "ill-natured spirit" that has entered Satoshi. Will the group be able to return the "ill-natured spirit" to Mikaruge without any trouble arising, thus returning Satoshi to normal......?

Lots of Ghost type Pokémon are gathered in the train; Not just Fuwante, but also Nukenin, Yabacha, Mikaruge and more! And Satoshi's Gangar will appear as well?!

Decidueye23

Seems like this was intended to be around halloween if not for all the breaks.
Just out of curiosity, do the japanese celebrate halloween? Because back from where i am , we dont celebrate halloween

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Seems like this was intended to be around halloween if not for all the breaks.
Just out of curiosity, do the japanese celebrate halloween? Because back from where i am , we dont celebrate halloween

They have a similar holiday or event known as the Bon or Bon Clay Festival that's close. (It's also akin to the Mexican Day of the Dead/Día de los Muertos)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Yes. But the Pokemon anime has avoided all mentions of real world holidays since mid Jouto in an attempt to appeal more to a worldwide audience, so you'll never see any actual references to Halloween there.

They have a similar holiday or event known as the Bon or Bon Clay Festival that's close. (It's also akin to the Mexican Day of the Dead/Día de los Muertos)

oh, so THAT's where One Piece's Bentham's other title comes from

That's "Bonkure", not "Bon Clay", which is just a nonsense spelling from bad One Piece fansubbers that had no idea what bonkure was and just made a random guess at what the character' name was supposed to mean. It's also nothing like Halloween at all.
But it IS what they were celebrating in that one early Kanto episode before the "no real world holidays ever" rule went into effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.