• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 19: XY011 - Bamboo Forest Chase! Pancham & Pangoro!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, I'm just being bias. I mean really, we get a Pancham episode and a possible capture in the episode and the capture's not even going to be the Panchams? Again I call shenanigans!

I agree, I am a fan of Pancham as well, especially after seeing that preview. But this is why I don't try and get caught up in something I like too much. Otherwise I'd call shenanigans on anything I see unfit. :p

PokeMaster366

XY is obviously gonna have a slower pace than BW. Therefore, I really doubt we'll be seeing Ash make a capture soon.

Serena, on the other hand, needs to have a capture of her own. I'm hoping by the time we get to the fifteenth episode, we'll see a capture from her.

Well, there's a huge gap between Viola's Gym and Grant's Gym, so yeah, I can see a long wait for the second gym coming, too. This actually seems like a good time for a long gym drought since it gives time for Team Flare to be fleshed out and give the main cast (TRio included) Pokemon that they will be using a lot later on. Ash still needs to get the obligatory Grass type, and, like you said, Serena needs to make a capture. This gap could also be used to resolve Dedenne's lazy tendency to go nap whenever Bonnie needs him for battle.

Well, there's a huge gap between Viola's Gym and Grant's Gym, so yeah, I can see a long wait for the second gym coming, too. This actually seems like a good time for a long gym drought since it gives time for Team Flare to be fleshed out and give the main cast (TRio included) Pokemon that they will be using a lot later on. Ash still needs to get the obligatory Grass type, and, like you said, Serena needs to make a capture. This gap could also be used to resolve Dedenne's lazy tendency to go nap whenever Bonnie needs him for battle.

Yeah, this gap could be quite a great opportunity to introduce TF sometime later, give Serena a capture, and develop other great storylines.

Seriously though, who says Ash is gonna get a Grass-type Pokemon? XY could change that.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<

SlimeStack

Yeah, this gap could be quite a great opportunity to introduce TF sometime later, give Serena a capture, and develop other great storylines.

Seriously though, who says Ash is gonna get a Grass-type Pokemon? XY could change that.

I think it's less about catching a grass type because of his previous captures and more to do with the fact that fire/water/grass makes a fairly balanced party. Kind of like how Ash always catches a flying type, not so much because it's a pattern but more because having a Pokémon capable of flight is useful to him.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
True, I'm just being bias. I mean really, we get a Pancham episode and a possible capture in the episode and the capture's not even going to be the Panchams? Again I call shenanigans!

I think the writers just wanted both Jessie and James to have a Kalos Pokemon early on, so they shoved the Pumpkaboo capture for Jessie (presumably) into this episode even though it's supposed to be about Pancham and Pangoro. If the capture happens quickly and doesn't take too much attention from the real stars of this episode, I don't see the problem personally.

I think it's less about catching a grass type because of his previous captures and more to do with the fact that fire/water/grass makes a fairly balanced party. Kind of like how Ash always catches a flying type, not so much because it's a pattern but more because having a Pokémon capable of flight is useful to him.

Well, I really don't see the necessity of Ash having a Fire-type, a Water-type, and a Grass-type in his team. That's quite a strange standard.

SlimeStack

Well, this is the anime, not the games. Considering that Ash actually didn't get the Grass starter this time around, what other "patterns" can be broken?

I think you'd want a balanced team in both cases.

Obviously Ash doesn't have to catch a grass type, it's just Skiddo or Phantump would both fit on his team. Though truth be told I have no idea what he'll be catching given how small a selection of brand new Pokémon he has this time.

J Ken

RAVE
Well, this is the anime, not the games. Considering that Ash actually didn't get the Grass starter this time around, what other "patterns" can be broken?

A few that come to mind are a Pokemon evolving into the form of an evolved form of their's they beat instead of remaining in their pre-evolved form, Ash's main water type evolving, Ash not getting the typical Flying-Water-Grass-Fire combo and lets not forget Ash not losing a main region Pokemon League Conference.

Just a few unbroken "patterns" that remain atm. I don't care for most of them aside from the last but yeah they'e still around.

But on the topic of the thread I really hope that the Pancham and Pangoro get to do something outside cause trouble.

A few that come to mind are a Pokemon evolving into the form of an evolved form of their's they beat instead of remaining in their pre-evolved form, Ash's main water type evolving, Ash not getting the typical Flying-Water-Grass-Fire combo and lets not forget Ash not losing a main region Pokemon League Conference.

Just a few unbroken "patterns" that remain atm. I don't care for most of them aside from the last but yeah they'e still around.

But on the topic of the thread I really hope that the Pancham and Pangoro get to do something outside cause trouble.

They can be broken in the future. Considering all that XY has done so far, anything is possible at this moment.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I'm not liking that this is the last episode until January 9th. Two week breaks are just ridiculous, especially since in 2010, 2011, & even 2012 had only 1 week breaks at the end of the year.

It would have been nice to end the year with a capture for Ash, but oh well, hopefully its packed with [enough] action.

I'm not liking that this is the last episode until January 9th. Two week breaks are just ridiculous, especially since in 2010, 2011, & even 2012 had only 1 week breaks at the end of the year.

It would have been nice to end the year with a capture for Ash, but oh well, hopefully its packed with [enough] action.

Me neither. That now means I have to spend the next two weeks just making predictions with everyone else, and I don't know if that's bearable for me. :x

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<

to tell you the truth, the only reason why they are doing this is because voice actors,staffs,writers,directors of the pokemon series also need time to relax themselves. yeah seeing them having a break, i don't know if i can still keep up next year.

to tell you the truth, the only reason why they are doing this is because voice actors,staffs,writers,directors of the pokemon series also need time to relax themselves. yeah seeing them having a break, i don't know if i can still keep up next year.

Yeah. We can't imagine the actors and staff just working around the clock 24/7. They're people too.

Unfortunately, all we can do for the next two weeks is, indeed, speculate.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I'm glad that this year's last episode is so great though; Pangoro is coming to slay. It's like the writers saved the best for last. I won't even mind the hiatus to be honest; I've never really been bothered when the anime goes on break since I usually have trouble catching up to current events and stuff anyway so it works in my favor. Two weeks isn't such a long time anyway.

mitsuhoney

So its a definite that Serena gets Pancham? I would have thought Ash would be more interested in a Pancham, it seems to fit him more than Serena, I mean, shes barely even used her Fennekin all that much to begin with... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.