• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 19: XY011 - Bamboo Forest Chase! Pancham & Pangoro!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Although I was really rooting for Ash to catch Pumpkaboo, I suppose TRio having one is decent enough. At least it will be owned by a main character

I like Pumpkaboo, but I'm worried that it'll be treated badly just like every other Team Rocket Pokemon. I mean it might actually prove to be useful in this episode since this is most likely where Jessie gets it, but that's not exactly reassuring. Still, Pangoro will rule this episode; I'm still loving how it just tosses Meowth away. It's my favorite scene from the previews.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Who's to say that anyone's going to catch Pumpkaboo? Maybe it'll just be a random pokémon appearing

Lorde

Who's to say that anyone's going to catch Pumpkaboo? Maybe it'll just be a random pokémon appearing

We know that Team Rocket (most likely Jessie) will have one in the upcoming Malamar episode since one was shown behind them with Inkay, and since Pumpkaboo debuts here, this is likely where it'll be caught.

One of the scans showed Jessie standing with it in a future episode, so yeah... that's a thing.

One of the scans showed Jessie standing with it in a future episode, so yeah... that's a thing.

Actually, we don't know how far ahead that episode is. Agreed, Jessie's more than likely to catch Pumpkaboo, but maybe the one we're seeing in the previews might not be the same one! :eek:

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
i think he was talking about its design other than that i can't see why its bad

I liked pumpkaboo's in game design but Idek it's anime form doesn't do it justice IMO
Although with Jessie catching it I'm sure it will grow on me
Im Just a little disappointed in 2 things regarding this capture-
1- Jessie has a grass type and james doesn't, for some reason this doesn't sit well with me
2- Jessie catching pumpkaboo likely means we won't see wobbefett fighting as much and it will likely become a gag pokemon once more :(

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
we won't see wobbefett fighting as much and it will likely become a gag pokemon once more :(

but we all know that wobbuffet was a gag pokemon to begin with, isn't he also the same throughout the johto arc

Luthor

but we all know that wobbuffet was a gag pokemon to begin with, isn't he also the same throughout the johto arc

it's been less of gag pokemon so far. But that is really it's role. I'd like it to have some added move options though, I mean safeguard would be an interesting move for it to have.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
it's been less of gag pokemon so far. But that is really it's role. I'd like it to have some added move options though, I mean safeguard would be an interesting move for it to have.

But ash and co aren't really using a whole lot of status moves, sosafegusrd would probably be wasted
Then again wobbefetts movesets really arent meant to be big on attacking
Just remembered this is an episode theead, so cheers to someone catching those adorable pancham :D

XXD17

Draco rex

He was but I like seeing wobb as a powerful pokemon...like in the fufrou ep, it managed to take on pikachu and a manectric with no problem until the furfrou stepped in...it was pretty awesome seeing epic wobb...

He was but I like seeing wobb as a powerful pokemon...like in the fufrou ep, it managed to take on pikachu and a manectric with no problem until the furfrou stepped in...it was pretty awesome seeing epic wobb...

Yeah, Wobbuffet was pretty awesome in that episode. Makes me wonder if it was trained back at the TR base...

Lorde

Does someone have a proof that Jessie will catch Pumpkaboo?

As people already stated, there's a scan showing Pumpkaboo behind Team Rocket in one of the upcoming episodes, so it's practically confirmed that either Jessie or James will catch the Pumpkaboo that appears in this episode. People assume that Jessie will catch it because she lacks a Kalos Pokemon at the moment.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Last edited:

Lorde

In a perfect world (for me) Serena would catch Pancham or Pangoro here, but alas, they're practically confirmed to be Pokemon of the day. The Pancham seem really cute and all, but I'm a little letdown by the fact that they don't seem to be as mischievous as I expected them to be. Pancham is a cute species and all that, but that's not its main appeal for me.

In a perfect world (for me) Serena would catch Pancham or Pangoro here, but alas, they're practically confirmed to be Pokemon of the day. The Pancham seem really cute and all, but I'm a little letdown by the fact that they don't seem to be as mischievous as I expected them to be. Pancham is a cute species and all that, but that's not its main appeal for me.

Maybe at least one of those Pancham will follow the group and be a recurring character? They've did that before, and they can do it again.

But yeah, realistically, these Pancham will be Pokemon of the day. We can just hope that they're extremely cute in the episode and bring warmth to our hearts. :)

Hydreigo

Gotta catch them all
What letdown for me is that Ash won't catch any Pokemon so far. From XY001 TO XY14.Ash only has 3 Pokemon in party :(. In BW from BW 1 to BW 14 ,he had 5 Pokemon in party.To be honest I was hoping he'd catch that Pumpkaboo,since I kinda don't see him with Skiddo nor Gogoat.The only chance left now is Trevenant for Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.