• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 1st: PM2019 003: Fushigisou is Quite Mysterious, Don't You Think Sou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

Please complain *after* the episode airs. You act like you've already seen it.

Watch it, and then bit*h about it.

It doesn't matter in this case, if I've seen it or not.

The ONLY interesting thing about the Bulbasaur species to me is Ash's, and the only thing remotely appealing for me with this episode was Ash's Bulbasaur evolving. The Preview makes it damn clear Ash's Bulbasaur isn't going to have any major role in this episode and its definitely not going to evolve.

There would be nothing else that interests me, because I don't like Bulbasaur as species that much (including Ivysaur/Venusaur), I prefer Charmander or Squirtle.

Although to be fair, I wouldn't say it will be a terrible episode, just an otherwise meaningless and pointless episode because the showrunners decided this series should primarily be about Slice of Life instead of having actual plot.

And as an aside, you do realize it's possible to find an episode to be good, but you don't like that it exists, right?

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
It doesn't matter in this case, if I've seen it or not.
Yes, it does, actually. You are calling something a filler episode without knowing the actual contents of the episode, which is kinda nonsensical. You've basically declared the episode a pointless episode and a waste of time based on a 30-second preview, it's honestly kinda ridiculous I have to explain this.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
It would be cool if there was like a Bulbasaur family battling contest where Ash competes and battles a mega Venasaur only to loose

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Well maybe there’s a Venassurite in the garden that a lot of trainers are trying to get but keep getting beat by the Venasaur until Ash shows up with Bulbasaur and when they beat the Venasaur and Ivysaur protecting the stone they give it to Oak to study or they let the ave Adair and Ivysaur keep it.

BabaVanga

No Ash's Bulbasaur in sight, colour me uninterested.
It'd pretty weak to bait nostalgia with clear Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden reference without bringing Ash's Bulbasaur to evolve here, but it seems that's exactly what's going to happen.

I hope I'm wrong and Ash's Bulbasaur DOES evolve here, or if not at least something significant to the overall plot happens because it's just 3rd episode of the series, it's way too early for filler(ish) episodes.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
It'd pretty weak to bait nostalgia with clear Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden reference without bringing Ash's Bulbasaur to evolve here, but it seems that's exactly what's going to happen.

I hope I'm wrong and Ash's Bulbasaur DOES evolve here, or if not at least something significant to the overall plot happens here because it's just 3rd episode of the series, it's way too early for filler(ish) episodes.

Maybe Bulbasaur will learn a powerful new move or use a Z move in this episode?I know Ash doesn’t carry the thing around anymore but I figured he might every now and then.Bulbasaur kinda deserves to use one since he is Ash’s oldest Pokémon currently besides Pikachu

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yes, it does, actually. You are calling something a filler episode without knowing the actual contents of the episode, which is kinda nonsensical. You've basically declared the episode a pointless episode and a waste of time based on a 30-second preview, it's honestly kinda ridiculous I have to explain this.

Well it basically is going to be one.
Would they give Go something before Scorbunny? No, Scorbunny is going to be his best buddy. The kind of connection trainers have with their first capture! Ash doesn't have anything besides Pikachu and I have no doubt Electro Web will get axed at some point, but it's far too early in for that to happen... Pikachu's not even doing anything to warrant a new move here.

Unless we learn what the TRio's mission is here, it's a filler

I hope I'm wrong and Ash's Bulbasaur DOES evolve here, or if not at least something significant to the overall plot happens because it's just 3rd episode of the series, it's way too early for filler(ish) episodes.

This whole series seems nostalgia bait... Ho-oh is the only thing that can't be.
A Piplup and Croagunk heavily promoted on the anime poster, and then a episode with them with no Brock or Dawn? That's just bait.... anyone that loves DP is going to get excited as heck, and we actually had reason to unlike the people who randomly jumped to the conclusion we'll see Ash's Bulbasaur and Snorlax! A Piplup and a Croagunk that just happen to be together? I don't doubt we'll see those two characters at some point(Cause DP remakes) so I'm not that upset... but it's still frustrating!

That had best be Ash's Greninja on the poster, that's all I'm going to say. Hopefully Ash's Bulbasaur is at least referenced here....

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Man I hope Ashd forgotten Pokémon return this series

Pidgeot

Kinglet

Primeape

Lapras

Butterfree

All his Sinnoh,Unova,and Kalos Pokemon

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
To be fair, with Team Rocket's first appearance in this series, this episode by definition can't really be filler. They'll have to do the bare minimum legwork to justify their appearance, at the very least. Different people have always had their own definitions of what constitutes filler in the Pokemon anime too, and the last couple series have been moving more and more in the direction where actual status-quo changing events aren't as significant as vibrant storylines that involve any facet of the Pokemon world. On the one hand I think these can often be the best kinds of episodes if there's an actual fun idea involved, but I do worry if this is going to result in a lot of ineffectual nostalgia baiting.

Like frankly I can't possibly see a good reason to focus an episode on the Bulbasaur line before Grookey has had a shot. Involving Ash's could have made sense if they wanted to establish enhanced continuity as a running theme in this series right off the bat, but assuming it doesn't show up, this is kind of frustrating. A reference would still be appreciated, but frankly short of it evolving I don't think it would be enough to justify this episode at this point in the show.

Konja7

Well it basically is going to be one.
Would they give Go something before Scorbunny? No, Scorbunny is going to be his best buddy. The kind of connection trainers have with their first capture! Ash doesn't have anything besides Pikachu and I have no doubt Electro Web will get axed at some point, but it's far too early in for that to happen... Pikachu's not even doing anything to warrant a new move here.

Unless we learn what the TRio's mission is here, it's a filler

Again. "Filler" are episodes created to fill until the story reach the important part (for character development or plot).

However, "filler" isn't really a thing in a Episodic anime like Pocket Monsters, simce self-contained adventures are part of the main attraction.

Not to mention that they will probably develop the relationship between Ash and Go a little more. That would be enough for this Episode not to be considered "filler" in any original anime, since this is part of the character development

This whole series seems nostalgia bait... Ho-oh is the only thing that can't be.
A Piplup and Croagunk heavily promoted on the anime poster, and then a episode with them with no Brock or Dawn? That's just bait.... anyone that loves DP is going to get excited as heck, and we actually had reason to unlike the people who randomly jumped to the conclusion we'll see Ash's Bulbasaur and Snorlax! A Piplup and a Croagunk that just happen to be together? I don't doubt we'll see those two characters at some point(Cause DP remakes) so I'm not that upset... but it's still frustrating!

That had best be Ash's Greninja on the poster, that's all I'm going to say. Hopefully Ash's Bulbasaur is at least referenced here....

I'm not so sure the DP remake will made they bring back Dawn and Brock.

I mean, they can use Piplup without Dawn. So, they may just give a Piplup to Ash or Go, then they can use that as promotion for DP remake.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
There might not even be DP remakes.
Things aren't looking good for continuity if there isn't even 1 line referencing Ash's Bulbasaur in this episode. I need more continuity than the just the badge/trophy collection in Ash's room.

Konja7

To be fair, with Team Rocket's first appearance in this series, this episode by definition can't really be filler. They'll have to do the bare minimum legwork to justify their appearance, at the very least. Different people have always had their own definitions of what constitutes filler in the Pokemon anime too, and the last couple series have been moving more and more in the direction where actual status-quo changing events aren't as significant as vibrant storylines that involve any facet of the Pokemon world. On the one hand I think these can often be the best kinds of episodes if there's an actual fun idea involved, but I do worry if this is going to result in a lot of ineffectual nostalgia baiting.

Like frankly I can't possibly see a good reason to focus an episode on the Bulbasaur line before Grookey has had a shot. Involving Ash's could have made sense if they wanted to establish enhanced continuity as a running theme in this series right off the bat, but assuming it doesn't show up, this is kind of frustrating. A reference would still be appreciated, but frankly short of it evolving I don't think it would be enough to justify this episode at this point in the show.

Although it existed certain promotion for Galar over other regions (except Kanto), I think it's pretty obvious they are not so interested to promote only one region in this season.

I guess they started with Bulbasaur line, because it is the first Pokemon.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
Although it existed certain promotion for Galar over other regions (except Kanto), I think it's pretty obvious they are not so interested to promote only one region in this season.

I guess they started with Bulbasaur line, because it is the first Pokemon.
Promoting all the regions is cool, I just feel Galar is getting a bad deal compared to all the rest that had their own shows fully exploring them. I hated how Alola didn't get any movies, but this is even worse for Galar.

The idea of a sort of all-star tour through the regions could have been cool though, but I think I'd have preferred it as a battle frontier/late black and white "extra" arc of sorts, like something that goes on for like a year after the main region has been fully exhausted in between games.

dman_dustin

What did I just say?

I said I don't like the Bulbasaur series as a whole except Ash's Bulbasaur.

I don't care about an episode that has random Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Vensaur.

What about that has anything to do with having seen an episode or not. I have disliked the Bulbasaur species as a whole since as far as I can remember.

Why would you think me seeing this episode would somehow "change" my opinion on the Bulbasaur species that none of the other episodes have done?

I don't understand why I have to explain this to you, it's called an opinion.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Guys it's too soon to call it a filler already. They could add more series set up here or back story for the new characters. It's just too soon to write off the episode as pointless.

Also does anyone think that maybe the Bulbasaur that the professor had at the end of the last episode might be one of the Bulbasaur involved here??

Status
Not open for further replies.