• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 1st: PM2019 003: Fushigisou is Quite Mysterious, Don't You Think Sou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Guys it's too soon to call it a filler already. They could add more series set up here or back story for the new characters. It's just too soon to write off the episode as pointless.

Also does anyone think that maybe the Bulbasaur that the professor had at the end of the last episode might be one of the Bulbasaur involved here??

Wouldn't that imply it'd be ready to evolve from the start?

Seems weird to be giving out an almost-Ivysaur to a beginning Trainer.

Soniman

Break the Limit
What the heck is filler in this context anyway, there isn't done overarching goal to be reached, THIS is the goal, THIS is the main point of the saga. I wish people would knock it off with spamming that term incorrectly because they see an episode they don't like , it's so asinine

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
What the heck is filler in this context anyway, there isn't done overarching goal to be reached, THIS is the goal, THIS is the main point of the saga. I wish people would knock it off with spamming that term incorrectly because they see an episode they don't line, it's so asinine
For someone who's been on here for years, you don't seem to know the fandom very well.

Xuxuba

They didn't say the series wouldn't have an overarching story, but that it would be more episodic and that each episode would be enjoyable on it's own.

Satoshi still wants to become a stronger battler, they already told us that in the promotional material.

I am not gonna say this episode is terrible before even watching. But if this episode bears no importance later on, then it is pretty much a filler and i am not going to act like it isn't when i didn't give the other series the same benefit. Not to say it can't be a good filler episode though...

"Oh but they are learning more about these pokémon"
Then going by this logic there are no fillers in the show, because the main characters are always interacting with a pokémon species and finding out a few things about them. Ash is frequently helping with Oak's and the other professor's researches whenever he can aswell, even in filler episodes. They just decided to give that more focus this time around. Besides, this isn't even a pokémon that we know little about. It is the Bulbasaur line.

Either way, even if nothing important happens, feel free to not consider it a filler. It is a fan term and you can give it whatever meaning you want.

I am personally more interested in finding out more about the new characters dynamic than anything that we might learn about Ivysaur in this episode.

Last edited:

Konja7

Why does it matter what people consider filler? If they consider it filler, let them lol

My interest in the series isn't so high atm and this episode doesn't seem to remedy that. Personally just waiting for the Galar and Sinnoh episodes

If you define filler as "whatever I don't like", then the word doesn't have definition.

It would not make sense to use "filler" in a critique.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
If you define filler as "whatever I don't like", then the word doesn't have definition.

It would not make sense to use "filler" in a critique.
I don't agree with that definition but it doesn't bother me so I don't really care. Don't see why it should bother any of you either

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Their GOal (the only for now at least) is to research pokémon. So technically, every episode where they do that isn't a filler.
It's different from the "Cotd fillers", where Ash and the companions met someone in a situation completely unrelated to the league and gyms(the goal back then) and no actual progression aside from "closer to the next city"

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
There's not exactly an overarching plot this season, and the goals are either very mundane (the best battler?) or will finish right when it's staring at them (get Mew). This is Tom & Jerry with the littlest effort to make a plot happen, with the two goals being excuse plots. All of this is happening because of the Sunday death slot and obviously won't change back.

Therefore, other than Go getting a Scorbunny, things don't seem like they'll move much. This isn't canon or filler; all of this is just...Dragon Ball GT.

dman_dustin

What the heck is filler in this context anyway, there isn't done overarching goal to be reached, THIS is the goal, THIS is the main point of the saga. I wish people would knock it off with spamming that term incorrectly because they see an episode they don't like , it's so asinine

A filler is a meaningless and pointless episode, the quality of the episode doesn't matter, there are plenty of episode that are of good/great quality.

I guess people can find meaning in quality episodes regardless of the content, but this a subjective perspective.

But I'll say this again, and I'll have to say this again later most likely

I would rather have episodes focused on the main characters. Very rarely do I want to see random wild/other trainer's Pokemon get focus. The point should've at least been to give Go his starter (but at least that's next episode) and for Ash to get another Pokemon, and the focus should've been on that.

I'm tired of episodes where we get a Pikachu episode, that's primarily about other Pikachu than Ash's Pikachu (for example). If I want a Bulbasaur species related episode, I would rather it deal with Ash's Bulbasaur.

I don't care about meaningless/random/wild/other irrelevant trainer Pokemon, I just don't get why the series has to primarily focus on them this series. Legendaries/Mythicals are one thing.

Take the Hawlucha episode, the Shiny Hawlucha one, one could argue it was meaningless/pointless, but it was still heavy focus on Ash's Hawlucha and such I prefer those episodes (filler or not), than a hypothetical episode about a shiny Hawlucha being the primary focus and Ash's Hawlucha is nowhere to be seen or barely shows up.

Xuxuba

Their GOal (the only for now at least) is to research pokémon. So technically, every episode where they do that isn't a filler.
It's different from the "Cotd fillers", where Ash and the companions met someone in a situation completely unrelated to the league and gyms(the goal back then) and no actual progression aside from "closer to the next city"
Not really true. Go already made it clear in this episode that his main goal is to catch Mew.

Regarding Ash, there is nothing implying he gave up on his original goal. The staff already said that he intends to become a better battler and that there is an overarching story planned for later on.

Being the professor assistant is just an excuse for Gou to get in contact with pokémon, especially rare ones like Lugia.
Meanwhile, to Ash, it is just an excuse for him to interact with the new characters, much like the school setting was an excuse for him to stay in Alola with Kukui and the classmates, which ended up having little to no importance, especially since Ash did not even graduate from the school. Not saying the laboratory setting will be as neglected as the school was, because that is too soon to imply. But i don't see how them finding out little tiny bits of useless trivia about certain pokémon (some of them which were already presented in the anime) is any better than Ash getting slightly closer to a gym's city. At least to me, both don't really stop an episode from being a filler.

Last edited:

Animac

In the preview we can see Go being cocky and then failing at climbing a wall while Ash did it with no problem. We'll probably see a bit of character development and a lot of interaction between Ash and Go these first episodes to build the bases for the series. THEN we will have fillers.

Xuxuba

In the preview we can see Go being cocky and then failing at climbing a wall while Ash did it with no problem. We'll probably see a bit of character development and a lot of interaction these first episodes to build the bases for the series. THEN we will have fillers.
I do think we might see a little bit of development regarding their relationship, similar to that episode where Ash and Dawn were constantly bickering not too long after they met each other until Nando intervened.

In that case, i wouldn't really call it a filler. Unless, of course, their relationship doesn't really improve, even if a tiny bit.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Not really true. Go already made it clear in this episode that his main goal is to catch Mew.

Regarding Ash, there is nothing implying he gave up on his original goal. The staff already said that he intends to become a better battler and that there is an overarching story planned for later on.

Being the professor assistant is just an excuse for Gou to get in contact with pokémon, especially rare ones like Lugia.
Meanwhile, to Ash, it is just an excuse for him to interact with the new characters, much like the school setting was an excuse for him to stay in Alola with Kukui and the classmates, which ended up having little to no importance, especially since Ash did not even graduating from the school. Not saying the laboratory setting will be as neglected as the school was, because that is too soon to imply. But i don't see how them finding out little tiny bits of useless trivia about certain pokémon (some of them which were already presented in the anime) is any better than Ash getting slightly closer to a gym's cities. At least to me, both don't really stop an episode from being a filler.
Good point!

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I can't see why this would be considered filler, the two are starting with their duties for the Professor. I also agree that their end goals are simply on the side things whilst the main premise is for the younger viewers to learn about the different aspects of all of these Pokemon, as is the fate of the anime being moved to the Sunday death slot.

Though I see Geevani in the cast list. I can see him going back to how he treated the TR trio in the early sagas.
(And yes, I misspelled Giovanni intentionally, blame Pokemon Stadium)

Sham

The Guardian of War
Why does it matter what people consider filler? If they consider it filler, let them lol

My interest in the series isn't so high atm and this episode doesn't seem to remedy that. Personally just waiting for the Galar and Sinnoh episodes
To start the ignition for a debate? While the series isn’t terrible to watch, I’m not exactly excited for the plot so far either especially since the scenery is in the most boring region thus far. Agreed with the wait for Sinnoh and Galar episodes... add Unova into the mix as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.