• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 1st: PM2019 003: Fushigisou is Quite Mysterious, Don't You Think Sou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Am I the only one who actually likes the filler episodes?It makes us appreciate the better episodes more.
Not when they're countless number of episodes where Ash helps out a cotd/potd with Team Rocket causing some kind of trouble in them.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Sun and moon had some pretty good filler.Like the baseball episode or the one where his pokemon go looking for them.It also had some kinda bad ones like where they went grocery shopping or when Mareanie found her old Toxipex love

BabaVanga

Am I the only one who actually likes the filler episodes?It makes us appreciate the better episodes more.
I like many filler episodes more than plot-important ones. It's just very start of the series is not a time to focus on bunch on random wild Ivysaur, it's time to focus on the main cast and/or their captures.

This episode looks like yet another bait to hype up the new series. I mean, what would be the point of referencing Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden without Ash's Bulbasaur? I hope I'm wrong and we will see Bulbasaur, but I don't expect it.

Just wish we'll get more continuity this series than just brief mentions and easter eggs.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Only if they're interesting. Seriously, cotd/potd have gotten so formulaic that chemistry would laugh at it.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Fillers would be interesting if the anime would bother to make fun of the many, many dex entries that are so incredible or so unbelievable to believe, but it almost always looks the other way in an lackluster attempt to be witty.

Dex on Espurr:
It hides tremendous power behind its blank stare.

The anime on Espurr:
"Haunted mansion episode! And let's make it SMILE!"

Dex on Lucario:
It senses emotions and becomes disturbed when it senses troubling thoughts.

The anime on Lucario:
Korrina: Check out my cool Lucario's Aura Sphere! It goes WAH!

It's like they're being given a gold mine, but then they somehow believe that if they dig right where they are, they'll find a hidden oil reserve on top before going to check the gold mine itself, only for them to trap themselves into a hole.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
To start the ignition for a debate? While the series isn’t terrible to watch, I’m not exactly excited for the plot so far either especially since the scenery is in the most boring region thus far. Agreed with the wait for Sinnoh and Galar episodes... add Unova into the mix as well.
Me exactly. I can't wait for Unova to get an episode

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Fillers would be interesting if the anime would bother to make fun of the many, many dex entries that are so incredible or so unbelievable to believe, but it almost always looks the other way in an lackluster attempt to be witty.

Dex on Espurr:
It hides tremendous power behind its blank stare.

The anime on Espurr:
"Haunted mansion episode! And let's make it SMILE!"

Dex on Lucario:
It senses emotions and becomes disturbed when it senses troubling thoughts.

The anime on Lucario:
Korrina: Check out my cool Lucario's Aura Sphere! It goes WAH!

It's like they're being given a gold mine, but then they somehow believe that if they dig right where they are, they'll find a hidden oil reserve on top before going to check the gold mine itself, only for them to trap themselves into a hole.
How in the world is Pokemon having powers (hey, all Pokemon have special abilities) so incredible or unbelievable to believe? Like sure, you can make a funny gag with Espurr's blank stare, but where do you go beyond that? What's so unbelievable about those dex entries? What's there to make fun of with Lucario sensing troubling emotions? Is that somehow supposed to be crazy in the Pokemon universe where Pokemon can tear continents apart?

You couldn't have chosen less fitting dex entries for the point you're trying to make.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I never expected Satoshi's Fushigidane to appear here to begin with, so this episode being an average installment is just something that I thought should've been rather obvious from the start. That said, I'm not a fan of Fushigisou, so I'm sort of dreading watching an episode that focuses on it.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
How in the world is Pokemon having powers (hey, all Pokemon have special abilities) so incredible or unbelievable to believe? Like sure, you can make a funny gag with Espurr's blank stare, but where do you go beyond that? What's so unbelievable about those dex entries? What's there to make fun of with Lucario sensing troubling emotions? Is that somehow supposed to be crazy in the Pokemon universe where Pokemon can tear continents apart?

You couldn't have chosen less fitting dex entries for the point you're trying to make.
Geez, calm down, tiger.

We never did see an Espurr outright tearing trees down when pushed to a corner to unleash all that power it's supposedly storing. Also, they don't smile. Not even in the games will petting them make them smile other than simply opening their mouths.

All the Lucario we have seen in the anime also hardly ever bother to use their aura powers but instead are treated like SF's Ryu stereotypes. The last deals we got were either copy-and-paste doubles of their trainers that overwrote their natural expertise, outright forgetting their powers when the plot could've easily been solved using them, to "wait, why does Kukui even have a Lucario in the first place?"

I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting to see a Blaziken jumping over a skyscraper from the ground floor (closest we got was a three-story building, but it was Batman genes at work).

Also, they don't have to be wild to exhibit these traits. They can also implement the facts during battles to make them look more interesting than simply brute forcing attacks.

Last edited:

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Me exactly. I can't wait for Unova to get an episode
YESSS!!! I also cannot wait.Maybe we will see Iris as gym leader?I really wanna see Ash battle her since he never battled Dyrayden.It should go

Krookodile vs Excadrill

Gible vs Axew

Charizard Vs Dragonite

Pikachu vs Gabite

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
What the heck is filler in this context anyway, there isn't done overarching goal to be reached, THIS is the goal, THIS is the main point of the saga. I wish people would knock it off with spamming that term incorrectly because they see an episode they don't like , it's so asinine

Actual definition of filler: an unimportant section of a story dedicated to keeping the audience occupied
Fandom definition of filler: an episode I hate
Specific fan's definition of filler: anything that doesn't match up with my fanfic version of the anime's story

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Actual definition of filler: an unimportant section of a story dedicated to keeping the audience occupied
Fandom definition of filler: an episode I hate
Specific fan's definition of filler: anything that doesn't match up with my fanfic version of the anime's story
Well, in that case, I'm declaring the Sinnoh saga filler.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

I don't mind them, it's just that there shouldn't be a filler this early... before Go gets Scorbunny and Ash his first Galar capture. And the TRio theirs, though they're sure to at least get something next episode, who knows about Ash...

Tell that to One Piece and ESPECIALLY Naruto anime watchers. See how it goes.

Oh Boruto's worse at it. Saw every Naruto episode but couldn't sit through some Boruto filler lol

dman_dustin

To start the ignition for a debate?

Now, I call B.S. here. A lot of times I just express my opinion, just to express my thoughts. But apparently that annoys people so they feel the need to respond. Especially when those opinions are venting rants which no one should be responding to anyway.

But any of the posts that I actually want to have a conversation with, people just ignore like it doesn't exist.

It gets VERY annoying how that ends up being the case, but I just should accept it at this point.

Hey!

Having a preferred way the anime should be going doesn't qualify as "match up with my fanfic version of the anime's story"

If it was even remotely possible, that would only matter if I had the superhuman ability to make my own Pokemon series, to hell with copyright.

But it's not, because we live in a very boring uninteresting world. And everyone has to in some degree accept that.

So I may not like certain decisions the anime does, but because there's absolutely NOTHING I can do about it, and I continue to watch it because I have nothing else to watch. I'm stuck with only Pokemon Anime that exists, so again I have to accept the choices they decide to make, because ultimately there's nothing I can do to change it.

Sure I could stop watching, but where's the point in that? Not watching Pokemon or even playing would make the world even more boring.

dman_dustin

Which pokemon are the Trio going to use?

Would like it if James brought Mime Jr. back and maybe Jessie can use Seviper I guess (up until maybe she gets Silicobra).

I just don't know. I wish the opening had spoilers, because then we'd have a better gauge on what they plan to do with the teams.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Which pokemon are the Trio going to use?
Mime Jr. returning and becoming a Mr. Rime is what I'm hoping for. Sandaconda is a snake Jessie can have that one.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Well, in that case, I'm declaring the Sinnoh saga filler.
LOL! seriously chuckled here... but at the rate the anime is going, the OS is the one that's all filler :p

Since TRio has been leaving their pokemon behind a bit, it'd be awesome if they got to bring their particular pokemon to certain regions or meet up with them in whatever region they are in. I can forgive forgetting about Ash having older pokemon compared to TRio... since Ash catches a bunch more anyways but TRio usually end up with a couple and JAMES GETS HALF MY FAVORITES!!! Need to see them again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.