• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 1st: PM2019 003: Fushigisou is Quite Mysterious, Don't You Think Sou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolver Furious Dragon

In before some idiot seriously suggests ash's bulbasaur will evolve.

You know there's at least one out there thinking it

Red and Blue

Calling people idiots for hoping that Bulbasaur evolves isn't any better

Konja7

The pun in the title makes me laugh as well as the irony of it.

Some poor child is going to watch this episode then try to go obtain/transfer a Fushigisou in SwSh and end up sorely disappointed when content the anime advertised isn’t available in the games. Guess it’s a good thing the anime chose to diverge from the games recent messiness.

In itself, the anime promote Pokemon merchandise in general.

Even if a Pokemon don't appear in the video game, this Pokemon likely still have a lot of merchandise to promote.

Last edited:

BabaVanga

If Ash's Bulbasaur won't evolve here then this episode seems pointless, we don't need that right at the start of the new series.

C'mon cabbage, I don't wanna wait another 20 years for you to be "ready" finally.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Calling people idiots for hoping that Bulbasaur evolves isn't any better
I disagree. It's likely there are people like that out there.

While the possibility of bulbasaur evolving is so remote

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Ivysaur has always been my favorite of the Kanto starter lines, so I'm happy.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
It's been a very long time, but still, I would like to see Ash's Bulbasaur finally evolving. This episode sounds very much like "Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden", so we could have a perfect time to do it, as Ash's Bulbasaur refused to evolve here in the first time.

This could finally be an answer to the mysterious image we saw sometime ago, where Ash in his Alola's clothes and Pikachu appeared alongside Charizard (probably Ash's) and an Ivysaur. Bulbasaur never needed to evolve to prove his worthiness, but evolving is also like growning up for the Pokemon, so I believe it's about time.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
The pun in the title makes me laugh as well as the irony of it.

Some poor child is going to watch this episode then try to go obtain/transfer a Fushigisou in SwSh and end up sorely disappointed when content the anime advertised isn’t available in the games. Guess it’s a good thing the anime chose to diverge from the games recent messiness.
It is in Go at least

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm just gonna hope Ash's Bulbasaur is here even though I know he won't be lol.

dman_dustin

Why would they be an idiot?

Bulbasaur didn't refuse to evolve because it was against evolving. It refused to evolve because it wasn't ready to evolve. At least if the Japanese Narrator made the same implication as the dub narrator (Dogasu's Backpack doesn't help me there). But maybe I'm wrong.

But honestly Bulbasaur should've evolved, it was ridiculous that Ash had Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, maybe now they are willing to give Ash the Ivysaur he deserved.

Because I agree, this episode does seem pointless, when it seemed like a weird evolution concept to begin with and I doubt May's Bulbasaur required to evolve in the Mysterious Garden, nor any of the countless other Bulbasaur evolutions. I just think they made it unique just for Ash's Bulbasaur's benefit. Which means it would weird to remake this episode without Ash's Bulbasaur since it would otherwise be meaningless.

Besides Bulbasaur evolving would take the crown of Pokemon that has taken the longest to evolve, from Ash's Quilava which would be neat trivia fact.

B. Thunder Tiger

Already a chance already for a reference to one of Ash's older Pokemon, but I doubt it'll happen as Ash would probably forget that he owns one or something like that.

Plot twist, Ash’s Bulbasaur is on hand and finally evolves..

Nah I’m only joking. The chances of Ash evolving his Bulbasaur are slim to none at this point and this will most likely be a Mysterious Garden rehash in which Ash forgets his Bulbasaur even exists.

Worse....he doesn't even know what a Bulbasaur is and would need his Pokedex to "re-explain" to him, because like in every new series of the anime, Ash seems to suffer from a case I call "Iforgotis", a sickness that he tends to get as much as his Pikachu getting reset back to beginner status.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Worse....he doesn't even know what a Bulbasaur is and would need his Pokedex to "re-explain" to him, because like in every new series of the anime, Ash seems to suffer from a case I call "Iforgotis", a sickness that he tends to get as much as his Pikachu getting reset back to beginner status.
Nah, that's what the Rotomphone is for. Besides, Ash remembered multiple Kanto Pokemon in SM.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I really don’t think Satoshi’s frog-cabbage will appear, as usual he’s just mesmerized by the Pokemon and their actions. Also that art really highlights how PM’s style is just an evolved S&M style in art. I gotta give the animators a shoutout for the adjustments they’ve made. I hope the flower scenery is just as pretty but as expected they want to market popular ‘mon along with Kanto for than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.