• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 22nd: PM2019 006: I'm Gonna Get a Ton of Pokémon! The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Now that he has got Hibanny, Go heads to Kuchiba Forest with Satoshi and the others, aiming to get even more Pokémon!!

------

Go has got his first Pokémon, a Hibanny. He's now taken an interest in getting Pokémon, so he heads to Kuchiba Forest with Satoshi and the others, aiming to get even more. Despite some initial difficulties, he starts by getting a Caterpie, then continues getting one Bug Pokémon after another. Will he manage to get one of every species of Bug Pokémon from the Kanto region?!

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)

-----

Promo illustration by Naoki Saito

https://twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1192683756965904384

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Does he actually have all these pokemon, that is the question lol.

Red and Blue

Sure hope Sakuragi has enough room at the lab for all of those Bugs

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
By the look of the picture, it seems he's going to be focus on capture the easiest Pokemon to capture, the Bug Types.

I would like if Ash captures one or two too. A Butterfree (to compensate the one he freed and the one he trained and befriended) and a Beedrill (to compensate the one he gave away in the Bug Contest in Johto). Also, Butterfree can Gigamax and Beedrill can Mega-Evolve, so that's a good thing.

RedR

What I'm disappointed in is that I hate that Go is Ash's Traveling companion.

I really hope they aren't screwing Ash over on new captures, or even using his own Pokemon from the lab.

Ash did say he wanted to become an even stronger battler, can't do that with JUST Pikachu.

He also need to power up some of his "weaker" pokemon to be a better battler. Ash needs to evolve totodile to Feraligatr and have him learn liquidation! And quilava needs to evolve, too!

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
All of the Pokemon on there are available in the Bug-Catching Contest (or evolve from them in Parasect's case), so I guess we're doing that again.

I just hope they don't do what the games did and make it all Gen I Bug-types like the games. The post-game version allowed Bugs from later gens.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
All of the Pokemon on there are available in the Bug-Catching Contest (or evolve from them in Parasect's case), so I guess we're doing that again.

I just hope they don't do what the games did and make it all Gen I Bug-types like the games. The post-game version allowed Bugs from later gens.

Well Dephender theorize that the unannounced episode 7 will have a name of one new Galar Pokemon that's hasn't been made public yet in the episode title so it's possible it could be one of the new bug types which makes a cameo appearance here then in the next episode it would get a more prominent role.

fukamaru

It seems Ash is not interested in gym battles and galar at all. It will be sad if ash now will become a Go's companion with just Pikachu or with adding 2-3 pokemon in his team. And there too many episodes focusing on Go. What does it mean?

Konja7

Episode 6 seems to focus in Kanto Bug Pokemon. I guess this will be in Kanto.

I really doubt it is the Bug-Catching Contest in Johto, since it seems that they are just going to travel to Johto in Episode 9.

It seems Ash is not interested in gym battles and galar at all. It will be sad if ash now will become a Go's companion with just Pikachu or with adding 2-3 pokemon in his team. And there too many episodes focusing on Go. What does it mean?
It means they want to present Go to the audience, as he is one of the two protagonists in the new anime.

It is likely Episode 9 will focus on Ash.

World Turtle

Have Ash catch a new Caterpie and reveal via flashback (though Ash is unaware of it) it's a child of Ash's Butterfree. The child takes up its paren't sword or pokeball as this case may be.

Also have Ash catch a Galar Bug type. Maybe not this episode, but later on.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I don't think he will catch all those Bug types, watch him catch only one to be his partner along with Scorbunny. How are they gonna develop all these Pokemon? Also, his backpack is too small for like 20 Pokeballs: max 7-8. And I think that picture is only an art, nothing else.I am saying: he catches 1 Bug type here.

ShadowForce720

I don't think he will catch all those Bug types, watch him catch only one to be his partner along with Scorbunny. How are they gonna develop all these Pokemon? Also, his backpack is too small for like 20 Pokeballs: max 7-8. And I think that picture is only an art, nothing else.I am saying: he catches 1 Bug type here.

Easy they aren't, basically to think how Gou team might be handled we can look at Crystal from Pokemon Adventures/Special Gold, Silver, Crystal chapter which for a time had a similar objective in catching all known pokemon at the time(minus legendary and mythical pokemon) and how it was handled with her was that she had core team of 7 pokemon that she would use to help capture other pokemon while all the other pokemon would immediately be sent to Elm's and Oak since Crystal didn't actually intend to use them and just was capturing them for professor Oak and or Elm.

So basically while Gou may or may not add one of the bug types here to his team, all the other bug types that he catches presuming if he is allowed to keep them will be sent immediately to Oak's or Sakuragi's lab as he doesn't intend on actually using them. So basically think of it this way Gou is going to catch a lot of pokemon, but a vast majority of them won't be on his team and will immediately be sent to Oak's or Sakuragi's lab while not really getting any development.

ShadowForce720

Maybe Gou's more interested in the thrill of the catch then actually collecting?

EDIT: The only Kanto Bug not in that picture is the Caterpie line. Wonder if that means something? Especially since it was revealed it can G-Max.

No, the Caterpie line is there you just need to clear on the picture that you can see the full picture as Caterpie is up in the top left corner between Beedrill and Pinsir while Metapod is in the top right corner between Paras and Parasect and Butterfree is at the bottom below Gou and Scorbunny and next to Venomoth.

World Turtle

No, the Caterpie line is there you just need to clear on the picture that you can see the full picture as Caterpie is up in the top left corner between Beedrill and Pinsir while Metapod is in the top right corner between Paras and Parasect and Butterfree is at the bottom below Gou and Scorbunny and next to Venomoth.

Thanks for the heads up. Never mind then. ...I am going to be kind of annoyed if Gou gets the Caterpie line and Ash doesn't bring up his very first capture. I still would like Ash to catch a new one that's revealed to be a child of Ash's. I don't know why I like that idea so much I just do.

I'm not a big 'give Ash lots of Pokemon' person, but I would like him to just get enough that it feels that each generation is equally represented or feels proportionate % wise to his Kanto captures (since all Generations come in different sizes).

Status
Not open for further replies.