1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

December 22nd: PM2019 006: I'm Gonna Get a Ton of Pokémon! The Road to Mew!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Nov 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Don't you mean Gen II? Neither Misty or Brock owned a Pichu

2. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Pokémon Master (Kinda)

Well Mimikyu was technically Jessie’s but I’m guessing your talking about Togedamaru?

3. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

no, I'm pretty sure Wandering meant Gen III as no one on the main cast owned a Plusle or Minun.

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  4. Red and Blue

I know Wandering meant Gen III. My point was that his claim of no one owning a Pikaclone since Hoenn was untrue since that started back in Johto

5. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Pokémon Master (Kinda)

Well Ash had a Pikachu so I mean I guess that counts.

6. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Mataraja, Keeper of the Gates Forbidden

However, Pichu is part of Pikachu's evolution line, so I don't count it among the clones, even if it is technically one.

7. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "And just what are you starin' at?"

Koharu is pretty much replacing Sonia as a recurring character, despite being just a bit similar (relatives to professors). I guess Sonia was just too old to be shown around the boys.

Go looking a bit similar to Hop in design must be done on purpose, but we'll see if either of these two will appear.

Morpeko is surely being kept for Marnie...if she's still set to appear...and won't get Hau'd.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  8. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

Ons it has been two episodes because episode one doesn’t count . And two I said that she doesn’t have many friends like Ash like Go was the only friend that a weirdo

9. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

I'd say Go is more like Victor (the dark skin option) without hat but maybe that's just me.

Though I'd say he is more like an "anime-zed" and aged-down version of the Pokémon Go player avatar

10. Thumbs2

Thumbs2 Well-Known Member

The actual Gen 2 Pikaclone was Marill, and Tracey had that one.

11. Red and Blue

Actually Koharu might have a better chance to be in the forest after I reread the summary. It says Go enters with Ash and the "others"
    Marill and Pikachu look nothing alike.

12. Kawaii Emolga

Kawaii Emolga The cutest EVER!!!!

Marril isn't a pikaclone, that was just a theory/misunderstanding.

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  13. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Staff list:

14. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

I hope they don't drag Koharu out of school so she can waste time watching Go catch pokémon

That's completely wasting her as a character

15. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

A Pikaclone is ONLY a Pikaclone if its an electric type (part electric) Pokemon of which Marill is not.

16. AuraChannelerChris

Girl is working for what Ash never got.

A diploma.

17. Kazuniya

Kazuniya me when recognizing PM's wasted potential

And keeping her inside the school isn't wasting the character? Then what's the damn point of the character.

The more interaction Koharu has with the Pokemon world, the better. Just by staying inside school she'll never become a Pokenerd like Ash and Go.

18. AuraChannelerChris

If there's anything the previous saga taught me,

is that getting a school diploma is for idiots.

19. Red and Blue

To think people want Koharu to stay in a classroom for the next 3-4 years instead of making character progression.

It's not like she will have much to do in the other three episodes after this

20. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

It definitely depends on who you ask as it’s a fan made term which can just mean inspired by Pikachu or resembling Pikachu, not necessarily an electric rodent. I personally consider Marill the second gen pikaclone but again it depends who you ask as clearly you set more strict boundaries on the fan made term.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.