• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 22nd: PM2019 006: I'm Gonna Get a Ton of Pokémon! The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Because that worked wonders for Mallow, right.
I mean Koharu has more room for growth than most of the SM companions since now it is just a group a three instead of six

dman_dustin

It definitely depends on who you ask as it’s a fan made term which can just mean inspired by Pikachu or resembling Pikachu, not necessarily an electric rodent. I personally consider Marill the second gen pikaclone but again it depends who you ask as clearly you set more strict boundaries on the fan made term.

Pichu

Plusle & Minun

Pachirisu

Emolga

Dedenne

Togedemaru

Morpeko

What do these Pokemon have in common? They are all electric rodents.

Marill is not an electric rodent. How Pichu doesn't qualify when it's DIRECTLY a pre-evolution of Pikachu, doesn't make any sense to me.

Just because someone goofed and called Marill Pikablu, doesn't mean they're similar. Besides it being called the "aqua mouse" Azumarill makes it clear they were going for a rabbit look and rabbits/bunnies are not rodents.

You're argument would only hold water if they introduced a fire type rodent that looks like Pikachu, another generation added a grass type that looks like Pikachu, another type rodent that looks like a Pikachu.

Marill by itself, being a water type, when they've added electric rodents since Pikachu in EVERY generation (including Pichu) makes it clear that Marill cannot be considered a Pikaclone, unless you really want to selfishly label "Pikaclone" to what YOU want it to mean just to win an argument which is really petty but whatever, you're going to do whatever you are going to do.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Girl is working for what Ash never got.

A diploma.

Maybe that's why she doesn't seem to like him? She sees his face and assume he must be one of those who drop out school despite knowing it's indeed the case!

It definitely depends on who you ask as it’s a fan made term which can just mean inspired by Pikachu or resembling Pikachu, not necessarily an electric rodent. I personally consider Marill the second gen pikaclone but again it depends who you ask as clearly you set more strict boundaries on the fan made term.

I'd say Marill can qualify since the franchise was still in its infancy back in the day, Pikachu proved to be very popular and they just tried to design a pokémon with some design similarities. Then on Hoenn they solidified the idea to be the tradition we have today.

Just my two cents.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
We have a proper summary:

Go has got his first Pokémon, a Hibanny. He's now taken an interest in getting Pokémon, so he heads to Kuchiba Forest with Satoshi and the others, aiming to get even more. Despite some initial difficulties, he starts by getting a Caterpie, then continues getting one Bug Pokémon after another. Will he manage to get one of every species of Bug Pokémon from the Kanto region?!

ShadowForce720

Looks like probably this episode and towards the end of episode 5 is where Gou finally realize he can't expect to be handed Mew on a silver platter and actually needs to get other pokemon. Because before Gou was pretty arrogant in thinking that he could get Mew as his first pokemon.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
There are 6 species of Bug Pokemon in Kanto. I hope he doesn't get them all, I wanna see a struggle. he will get Scyther and Caterpie so far. I can see him getting Weedle and Venonat and then struggle to get Paras and Pinsir. Or get as Paras but fail to get Pinsir. ( I can see Scyther battling Pinsir and Pinsir to win.) I mean if he catches them all on first try it'd be pretty bad for character development, IMO. I mean Dawn IIRC at first failed to catch Pachirisu and Buneary and yet Go will catch all 6? Pretty bad, IMO.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
There are 6 species of Bug Pokemon in Kanto. I hope he doesn't get them all, I wanna see a struggle. he will get Scyther and Caterpie so far. I can see him getting Weedle and Venonat and then struggle to get Paras and Pinsir. Or get as Paras but fail to get Pinsir. ( I can see Scyther battling Pinsir and Pinsir to win.) I mean if he catches them all on first try it'd be pretty bad for character development, IMO. I mean Dawn IIRC at first failed to catch Pachirisu and Buneary and yet Go will catch all 6? Pretty bad, IMO.
I can see him getting most of them pretty easily but then struggling hard to get Scyther

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Wow, Go's gonna have the record for fastest catches among the MC's. The only other times multiples were caught was during safari's and that one time Ash got Caterpie and Pidgeotto in the same episode.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Wow, Go's gonna have the record for fastest catches among the MC's. The only other times multiples were caught was during safari's and that one time Ash got Caterpie and Pidgeotto in the same episode.
You forgot about Ash's Tauroses.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Even if he catches one of every bug in Kanto, Ash's 30 Tauros is such an outlier that Go's record of 12 catches for a day still looks small in comparison.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
How much you bet Ash doesn't even reference his own Caterpie/Butterfree?

I'm also doubtful that he'll mention it, but honestly at this point I'm well over the whole Butterfree farewell drama from two decades ago, so I won't really mind if Satoshi stays quiet about that and lets Gou do his own thing without bringing up his own past.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
You forgot about Ash's Tauroses.

So you're just gonna ignore the fact that I put safari's in my post lol??

Even if he catches one of every bug in Kanto, Ash's 30 Tauros is such an outlier that Go's record of 12 catches for a day still looks small in comparison.

I was more so referring to companions tbh and outside of the Tauros Go would still surpass Ash's record of I think two catches in an episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.