• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 22nd: PM2019 006: I'm Gonna Get a Ton of Pokémon! The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
They should have just dropped the catch them all saying long ago after it stopped making sense

Konja7

I think they might be going for Go to be catching lots of Pokemon while Ash will catch fewer Pokemon but will have more bonding moments with them (and possibly more bonding moments with his reserves too.)

Go will still bond with Pokemon, just not all his Pokemon.

Again. This isn't so different from the Taurus situation.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I think they might be going for Go to be catching lots of Pokemon while Ash will catch fewer Pokemon but will have more bonding moments with them (and possibly more bonding moments with his reserves too.)

That would be lovely.
Was thinking this as well. Shows both the appeal of collecting and befriending your Pokémon

Konja7

Gotta Catch em All isn’t even the actual slogan used in Japan.

Yeah. That wasn't the slogan in Japan.

Although it seems that will be Go's dream.

Pretty sure the Taurus thing was a gag to keep Ash from getting a bunch of other Pokémon. It is not the same thing.

Yeah. It seems that Go catching a lot of Pokemon will be another gag (at least, the manga implies that).

Henry's Journey

That would be lovely.

I'd like this but I don't have high expectations, hopefully I'm proved wrong and Ash will soon catch new mons and his old mons will get appearances and references at least.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Next week's episode of Pokenchi is going to be a tie-in to this episode, it seems:

Sunshine Ikezaki and Yonsen-toshin show up dressed as Satoshi, Go and Hibanny?! For the first time ever, the residents attempt a high five game where they role play Hibanny! And we get a Pokémon battle between legendaries as well!

Summary:
Sunshine Ikezaki has come to Pokénchi in order to get Abareru-kun?! It appears he's playing "Satoshi and Go", and he explains he's going around pretending to be Satoshi and Go, the protagonists of the "Pocket Monsters" anime, and getting "Pokénds that resemble Pokémon". Yonsen-toshin show up as well, dressed as Go and Hibanny, and for the first time ever the residents attempt a "high five game" based around Hibanny!
We also get a battle between the legendary Pokémon from Sword/Shield!

Cast:
Shoko Nakagawa
Hyadain
Abareru-kun
Rinka Otani
Guests: Sunshine Ikezaki and Yonsen-toshin

Sham

The Guardian of War
Still not sure how I feel about this, yes a big concept of Pokémon is getting them and yes Go is probably also here partly to shill that mobileshit but man the idea of mass-catching Pokémon and them getting no screen time and development...? I’m not sure how I feel about that? It also begs the question of how Satoshi and Go’s teams will be handled? Will they even have a team of six mains with development and screen time? I feel like something is being missed out on by not doing that since we only have two protagonist so certainly have ample amounts of screen time for twelve critters between the two of them.
The writers couldn’t even handle a character with 1-2 Pokémon in the last series so I doubt we can legitimately get cast members with a full party AND established screen time. Those days are long gone.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The writers couldn’t even handle a character with 1-2 Pokémon in the last series so I doubt we can legitimately get cast members with a full party AND established screen time. Those days are long gone.
However, they had more main characters to work with in that saga (they had 6).

Sham

The Guardian of War
However, they had more main characters to work with in that saga (they had 6).
.....And they all had two Pokémon besides Kiawe so it balances out. Three years is enough time to develop teams that consist of two Pokémon. Even in smaller group series like XY; Serena’s and Clemont’s teams got the short end of the stick despite being small.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Writers have just about enough episodes to flesh out a bunch of characters at once, which is thoroughly wasted in Tom & Jerry-like episodes introducing new Pokemon that don't even leave a lasting impression on any of the recurring characters. Development could easily have any new character helping someone in the team learn a new move or even evolve, but alas. Alola was a pile of waste, as the spotlight was obviously on Ash, the Aether Siblings, and the UBs. On the lower side of the spectrum, Kukui was the worst offender because, again, he doesn't let 4 of his 6 Pokemon see the light of day. Like, why. We were done dirty by not having his Incineroar interact with Ash's outside of the ring after their final battle.

And since this saga is being afflicted by the Sunday Death Slot, things will suffer even more despite there being just two guys. Not having Ash mention the secret garden during the Ivysaur episode was a sign of that.

...At least Go is a catching prodigy, which is saying a whole lot of any other previous character whose name wasn't Gary. Here hoping the lucky 150 or less Pokemon he'll catch (no way he's ever going to use over that many with the usual episode count in a saga) will have some sort of meaningful interaction with him, which, by the way, fulfills the quota your regular team member has before being used for comedy gags/killjoys waiting to do battle every other episode nowadays.

MartínK

.....And they all had two Pokémon besides Kiawe so it balances out. Three years is enough time to develop teams that consist of two Pokémon. Even in smaller group series like XY; Serena’s and Clemont’s teams got the short end of the stick despite being small.

May and Dawn were the only ones besides Ash to have six pokémon on their team, not even Misty and Brock have a six pokémon team when they were travel companions.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Konja7 said:
Go will still bond with Pokemon, just not all his Pokemon.

Again. This isn't so different from the Taurus situation.

I think the problem that a lot of people have is that Satoshi was restricted in terms of how many Pokemon he could realistically attain due to him not having much time to bond with them all, and since bonding with Pokemon is a big part of his character, it was a flaw that was set up from the beginning. The fact that Gou can apparently catch as many Pokemon as he wants with no limitations is probably what bothers a lot of people who want Satoshi to be able to do the same.

dman_dustin

I'm annoyed that Go gets three episodes in a row, and Ash barely gets the Battle Frontier episode and the Ho-oh episode.

Something good better happen to Ash soon.

I want to believe Ash's Pidgeot comes back (with 2 of the Pidgey line being listed), but I'm assuming it would be listed instead of Scorbunny, or would Scorbunny take precedence over a Pokemon Ash hasn't used in a couple of decades because this is a new series and Go's Scorbunny came first in this series?

Status
Not open for further replies.