• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 22nd: PM2019 006: I'm Gonna Get a Ton of Pokémon! The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Turtle

I'm annoyed that Go gets three episodes in a row, and Ash barely gets the Battle Frontier episode and the Ho-oh episode.

Something good better happen to Ash soon.

I want to believe Ash's Pidgeot comes back (with 2 of the Pidgey line being listed), but I'm assuming it would be listed instead of Scorbunny, or would Scorbunny take precedence over a Pokemon Ash hasn't used in a couple of decades because this is a new series and Go's Scorbunny came first in this series?

That could be the episode's b-plot: Ash reuniting with Pidgeot who has moved the flock out of Route 1 to the safety of Viridian Forest. And because Pidgeot hasn't been seen in years maybe they want to keep it a surprise?

Leonhart

Imagineer
World Turtle said:
That could be the episode's b-plot: Ash reuniting with Pidgeot who has moved the flock out of Route 1 to the safety of Viridian Forest. And because Pidgeot hasn't been seen in years maybe they want to keep it a surprise?

That seems like a very sketchy scenario from my viewpoint all for the sake of reuniting Satoshi with a Pokemon that the writers haven't shown any indication of caring about in who knows how long. I'd also question why they'd want to keep it a secret to begin with, when instead publicly promoting that hypothetical scenario in previews and magazine scans months in advance would garner more interest in the episode.

Revolver Furious Dragon

No.

If they were going to do that they would market the hell out of it. Since it would get older viewers tuning in again

dman_dustin

No.

If they were going to do that they would market the hell out of it. Since it would get older viewers tuning in again

Have you seen how they have been marketing this series?

They haven't shown crap about the series of any real meaningful, so I really don't think they give a crap about marketing the series at all.

Seriously the only reason we know anything remotely about this series is because of titles and illustrations.

The literal only things we ever knew about this series in the beginning were:

1. Ash and Go are traveling companions.
2. Sakuragi and his daughter who has a Yamper are in Vermillion City
3. Sakuragi's assistants.
4. Team Rocket showing up
5. Scorbunny and Go

And we still don't know jack diddly about this series, except that it'll be heavily slice of life, but we still don't know of any definitive direction outside of likely episode after episode. Though of course that could be just because Ash had a purpose of sorts in the other generations (including even having more than just Pikachu) except for this one, so I guess its hard to gauge properly, I could give you that.

You honestly think due to how they are handling this series how they've handled it so far, that they would tell us hypothetically Ash's Pidgeot would come back?

Are you sure? Because if this was any other generation, I might have seen your point. But 8th generation has been in both games and anime, have been a serious lack of information. Hell the only way we knew (prior to the games) what the starter evolutions looked like was because of leaks and if a poll was accurate people wanted to see the starter evolutions PRIOR to the games being released, and yet, didn't happen, despite apparently having a trailer for the starter evolutions and the Zacian and Zamazenta's typings only coming out what was it a week or 2 weeks after release?

And yes the games are separate from the anime, but it did seem the anime marketing took a page from the game marketing because we had nothing. I mean if it wasn't for the surge of titles and illustrations of a few episodes, we probably would still be in the dark about this show, barring whenthey actually gave us actual summaries for the episode.

So I personally don't believe they would tell us that Ash's Pidgeot would return. At best maybe the preview would've showed us something but the previews have been extremely non descriptive of the episodes (in which the preview for this episode didn't show us much at all), so it could've happened in the latter half of the episode, and it might not be in the preview for that.

Any other generation and I might have agreed that they would've shown Ash's Pidgeot. But this generation has been mostly a blackout in regards to information. They are best spoon feeding us as much information as they want to give us, always leaving us hungry for more and more. So again I personally don't believe it, given how long it took for us to know anything about the anime to begin with, especially since the previous 2 generations we got a preview for the anime in September. Took until the end of October, Early November, to get any real preview for the series, and not much of one (except at best Scorbunny meeting Team Rocket...I think and that's probably the latest we got, and I think that more or less came out a week before the series started).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ash being the sidekick yet again.
"Duo protagonists" feels like just as much a freaking lie as "for old fans and new" was. Ash is a sidekick doing nothing while Go continually gets focus and Ash is neglected to comedy relief...

Revolver Furious Dragon

Ash being the sidekick yet again.
"Duo protagonists" feels like just as much a freaking lie as "for old fans and new" was. Ash is a sidekick doing nothing while Go continually gets focus and Ash is neglected to comedy relief...

Kinda understandable really. Ash is already developed. Where as go is a new character. The writers need to focus on his development so we can learn who he is and what makes him tick.

Ash will get focus as the series goes on
Have you seen how they have been marketing this series?

They haven't shown crap about the series of any real meaningful, so I really don't think they give a crap about marketing the series at all.

Seriously the only reason we know anything remotely about this series is because of titles and illustrations.

The literal only things we ever knew about this series in the beginning were:

1. Ash and Go are traveling companions.
2. Sakuragi and his daughter who has a Yamper are in Vermillion City
3. Sakuragi's assistants.
4. Team Rocket showing up
5. Scorbunny and Go

And we still don't know jack diddly about this series, except that it'll be heavily slice of life, but we still don't know of any definitive direction outside of likely episode after episode. Though of course that could be just because Ash had a purpose of sorts in the other generations (including even having more than just Pikachu) except for this one, so I guess its hard to gauge properly, I could give you that.

You honestly think due to how they are handling this series how they've handled it so far, that they would tell us hypothetically Ash's Pidgeot would come back?

Are you sure? Because if this was any other generation, I might have seen your point. But 8th generation has been in both games and anime, have been a serious lack of information. Hell the only way we knew (prior to the games) what the starter evolutions looked like was because of leaks and if a poll was accurate people wanted to see the starter evolutions PRIOR to the games being released, and yet, didn't happen, despite apparently having a trailer for the starter evolutions and the Zacian and Zamazenta's typings only coming out what was it a week or 2 weeks after release?

And yes the games are separate from the anime, but it did seem the anime marketing took a page from the game marketing because we had nothing. I mean if it wasn't for the surge of titles and illustrations of a few episodes, we probably would still be in the dark about this show, barring whenthey actually gave us actual summaries for the episode.

So I personally don't believe they would tell us that Ash's Pidgeot would return. At best maybe the preview would've showed us something but the previews have been extremely non descriptive of the episodes (in which the preview for this episode didn't show us much at all), so it could've happened in the latter half of the episode, and it might not be in the preview for that.

Any other generation and I might have agreed that they would've shown Ash's Pidgeot. But this generation has been mostly a blackout in regards to information. They are best spoon feeding us as much information as they want to give us, always leaving us hungry for more and more. So again I personally don't believe it, given how long it took for us to know anything about the anime to begin with, especially since the previous 2 generations we got a preview for the anime in September. Took until the end of October, Early November, to get any real preview for the series, and not much of one (except at best Scorbunny meeting Team Rocket...I think and that's probably the latest we got, and I think that more or less came out a week before the series started).

Tl; Dr

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I’m hoping to see either some of Ashs old Pokémon in this episode or a new capture for him.Possible captures could be:Rookidee,Blipbug,Applein,or maybe even Grookey?

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
And my hopes of Koharu going with them and having some interaction with Ash while Go catch the bugs pokémon were crushed :/
Looks llik Ash will just be comic relief while Go catch the bugs :s
But, seriously, who are "the others" that the synopses were talking about?

Red and Blue

Ash, don't keep your "I need to click with a Pokemon to catch it" mentality. CATCH SOMETHING.

Pikachu and Scorbunny, I guess.
To think they could have easily given him Rookidee or one of the starters in episode 4 or 5. Even if he gets them later this has to be the longest he has gone without catching anything

Revolver Furious Dragon

I’m hoping to see either some of Ashs old Pokémon in this episode or a new capture for him.Possible captures could be:Rookidee,Blipbug,Applein,or maybe even Grookey?

I hope not. It would be wierd to have galar Pokémon randomly appearing in kanto

Leonhart

Imagineer
The preview showed exactly what I thought it would: lots of Bug-types and Gou's attempt to capture them all while goofy things happened in between. And of course there was the obligatory Spear swarm scene, which I think everyone predicted we'd get here.

D

Deleted member 384931

What has Mew to do with this episode? Will it appear if Gou catches a certain amount of pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.