1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

December 22nd: PM2019 006: I'm Gonna Get a Ton of Pokémon! The Road to Mew!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Nov 8, 2019 at 6:12 AM.

1. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

This series covers EVERY region and promotes more than just Gen 8

Galar will have its time in the sun, it just has to share it with seven other regions

mehmeh1 likes this.
  2. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

It's pretty clear that Go's gonna be like Red from Adventures or Origins, captures a ton of Mons but only has a couple that are actual characters. I don't think that matters in any way, the series will still have those select few that it'll want to promote, Go having a bunch of irrelevant Mons doesn't prevent Ash from getting a team just like Ash capturing 30 Tauros didn't.

3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

4. Kazuniya

Kazuniya Well-Known Member

Ash having Kanto starters didn't prevent May from getting Squirtle or Bulbasaur, so I don't think it'd be an issue.

And they certainly had no issue giving Kiawe a Charizard.

5. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

I just hope Go's Pokemon will primarily consist of past generation Pokemon, let Ash have the primary Galar Pokemon.

But if they insist on having Go capture any and every Galar Pokemon, then let Ash catch some previous generation Pokemon as well.

I think the point was having the same Pokemon at the SAME time.

AuraChannelerChris likes this.
  6. AuraChannelerChris

1) That was a long time ago, but Ash didn't have them at the same time orbiting around May's.

2) For all intents and purposes, after BW, Ash doesn't have a Charizard.
    This guy gets it.

7. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

It would be weird for Gou to mass capture a bunch of irrelevant Pokemon, pretty sure the Pokemon anime has moved too far beyond that concept versus the games and Special manga. Maybe capturing these Pokemon but them being given to someone else or having happy lives with other characters with Gou just having “physical” data in his his Rotom-Phone?

8. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Gou can catch the bulk of Galarian Pokemon while leaving a few for Ash. If they give Ash the two remaining starters and Corviknight that just leaves two more Galarian Pokemon for Ash.

9. Kazuniya

But that has never really happened before, so why would it happen now?

I'm confused about the question. The question makes more sense from the perspective of 'Will Go catch the same Pokemon Ash caught in the past?" because they'll be traveling through past regions and encounter different gen Pokemon.

I see no real reason for them to have identical Pokemon in the current series especially when there's so many to choose from. And I assume Ash will focus on getting a Galar team because his thing has always been catching the Pokemon from the new gen.

10. AuraChannelerChris

Let me give a better example.

Will Go catch a Pikachu and show it all the time next to Ash's? That'd be weird if he did yet didn't bother, and we all know this series adores Pikachu.

11. dman_dustin

Why would it happen now? Is like the same question I'm asking the point of this series if it's going to be all over the place all the time.

"I see no real reason for them" yeah well maybe that would make sense if Go was just simply another traveling companion, his literal goal is to catch every Pokemon. Not sure how to rationalize that and not think they'll catch the same Pokemon at the same time.

Whether Go keeps said Pokemon or that he even uses the same Pokemon at the same time as Ash (like both using Pikachu for example) that is up for debate.

We also don't know how Ash's team is going to work. Is Ash really only going to conveniently catch Galar Pokemon and take his Galar Pokemon with him all over the world? And will Ash really only be allowed to ONLY catch Galar Pokemon?

12. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Either he will evolve it into Raichu or it will just hang around in the background in Sakuragi's lab with his other Pokemon.

Most likely answer is he just won't catch a Pikachu

13. Kazuniya

Do you actually expect Go to catch every Pokemon?

Let's be real. That's on the same level as Ash wanting to become a Pokemon Master. Not going to happen during our lifetime.

I mean, assuming Ash will take on the Galar gym challenge, that means Ash will conveniently have to find himself in Galar region every time he needs to challenge a gym. That leaves a lot of convenient space for a lot of convenient Galar captures.

BabaVanga likes this.
  14. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

Personally I would just like Ash to catch 6 Galar Pokemon, Larvitar, and at least 1 Hoenn, Kalos, and Alola Pokemon. The old region ones don't have to be anything special I'd just like him to round those teams off.

15. Kazuniya

I mean, I'm happy to be proven wrong by the writers. It would seem awfully weird for Ash to somehow wind up with only Galar Pokemon, especially if he's traveling around all the regions, so perhaps he actually will catch other gen Pokemon. But I'm still not convinced it will actually happen.

16. dman_dustin

No because there's not going to be 1000 episodes of this anime series (1000 episodes of Go)

That still wouldn't justify Go just pretending some Pokemon don't exist just because Ash or Team Rocket catches them.

Or are you suggesting those particular species of Pokemon are only going to show up as wild only once in the entire series? (with Go)

Plus again I use Pikachu as an example, why should Go NOT capture a Pikachu just because Ash has one. It's going to be really convenient if there is a wild Pikachu and Go just doesn't care to try and catch it or end up catching it.

17. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Just pointing this out but in regards to Gou catching every pokemon, it's really not this impossible goal that some people are trying to make it out to be. If anything what it's probably going to be is that he is going to catch all non-legendary, mythical(with the exception of Mew), and probably UB pokemon. Plus it's not like they necessiarly have to show all the pokemon that he catches or have episodes dedicated to them, as they can easily have cases where in some episodes Gou catches several in 1 episode and then even have cases where it is mentioned that he caught several off-screen.

Really the only pokemon that Gou really needs to be shown catching and having episodes dedicated to them and also having their personality shown are the ones that are going to be joining Gou's team and ones that he is going to actively use, and then will probably get some pokemon that Gou is shown catching and that wind up immediately getting sent to the lab just to show that he is actually capture other pokemon. So no, they don't have to dedicate 1000 episodes of Gou catching pokemon.

SerGoldenhandtheJust likes this.
  18. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

I don't get why people worry that Gos goal won't give his team any development. It could be like crystal from pkmn adventures where he has one staple team whereas all the rest he catches are sent to sakurai. Nobody criticised crystals characterization, why should Go be a problem?

19. AuraChannelerChris

I'm pretty sure hardly any people in the West even know there's a Pokemon manga to use it as a worthy example.

20. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Yeah, as in collecting Pokemon and using several as team member. Maybe Oak will be for Ash and another lab for Gou..