• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 22nd: PM2019 006: I'm Gonna Get a Ton of Pokémon! The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Does anyone have any sense of direction for this series yet? I sure don't and I don't know if that's a good thing or not
Well Ash and Gou are research assistants for Sakuragi so that is likely part of the reason for the region hopping. Whether anything comes from it remains to be seen

ShadowForce720

It will be good to see another capture here. Hope Ash gets something too!!

Just pointing this out but I think you should be careful not to hype yourself to much with the idea of Ash and Gou catching something in this episode, because for all we know it's quite possible that even though Gou is probably going to be getting some capture in this episode that none of them will be part of his core capture team and that they will all get immediately sent to the lab.

That being said I'm not saying that there isn't a possibility that Ash and Gou catch a pokemon that will join their actual teams, I'm just saying that because of Gou's goal we have to keep in mind that not every pokemon he catches will be a part of his team.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Just pointing this out but I think you should be careful not to hype yourself to much with the idea of Ash and Gou catching something in this episode, because for all we know it's quite possible that even though Gou is probably going to be getting some capture in this episode that none of them will be part of his core capture team and that they will all get immediately sent to the lab.

That being said I'm not saying that there isn't a possibility that Ash and Gou catch a pokemon that will join their actual teams, I'm just saying that because of Gou's goal we have to keep in mind that not every pokemon he catches will be a part of his team.
Yeah.. You are right. Guess I should reword my post:

It will be good if we see another capture here. Hope both Ash and Go get something!!

dman_dustin

As I said before, it wouldn't make any sense for Ash to NOT capture anything.

Unless he's doing his own thing, I don't know why he would be with Go, watching Go catch all these irrelevant Pokemon but not at least join in and capture something on his own.

I suppose if the next episode is Ash focused, I guess it would make sense why Ash wouldn't catch anything until then from a writing perspective but not much from an in-universe explanation.

But I kind of would like Ash to catch something unexpected. The illustration indicates Go is catching Kanto Bug Pokemon, why not have Ash inadvertently catch (a) bug Pokemon found in the Galar region that found its way to Kanto.

I think that would be a HILARIOUS turn of events.

Sakuragi- Good Job Go, you managed to capture a lot of Bug Pokemon from Kanto
Ash- Professor I caught this Pokemon I've never seen in Kanto, is it super rare or something? *Sends it out* (Presumably if Go knows about the Galar Pokemon I'm sure we'd get an immediate reaction of disbelief)
Sakuragi- Rare? This is unheard of, this bug Pokemon is typically found in the Galar region, it must've migrated itself to the Kanto region. Great job Ash.
Go- * Shocked Face * Wha-

Come on, it would be a good interaction with Go's goal to capture Pokemon but Ash one ups him, because Go didn't focus on the rarity of the Pokemon.

At any rate can we just have the next episode title revealed please, I would've thought when Sword and Shield came out, the person with illustrations would've revealed the hidden episode title. Surely we don't have to wait until late December or something.

Red and Blue

As I said before, it wouldn't make any sense for Ash to NOT capture anything.

Unless he's doing his own thing, I don't know why he would be with Go, watching Go catch all these irrelevant Pokemon but not at least join in and capture something on his own.

I suppose if the next episode is Ash focused, I guess it would make sense why Ash wouldn't catch anything until then from a writing perspective but not much from an in-universe explanation.

But I kind of would like Ash to catch something unexpected. The illustration indicates Go is catching Kanto Bug Pokemon, why not have Ash inadvertently catch (a) bug Pokemon found in the Galar region that found its way to Kanto.

I think that would be a HILARIOUS turn of events.

Sakuragi- Good Job Go, you managed to capture a lot of Bug Pokemon from Kanto
Ash- Professor I caught this Pokemon I've never seen in Kanto, is it super rare or something? *Sends it out* (Presumably if Go knows about the Galar Pokemon I'm sure we'd get an immediate reaction of disbelief)
Sakuragi- Rare? This is unheard of, this bug Pokemon is typically found in the Galar region, it must've migrated itself to the Kanto region. Great job Ash.
Go- * Shocked Face * Wha-

Come on, it would be a good interaction with Go's goal to capture Pokemon but Ash one ups him, because Go didn't focus on the rarity of the Pokemon.

At any rate can we just have the next episode title revealed please, I would've thought when Sword and Shield came out, the person with illustrations would've revealed the hidden episode title. Surely we don't have to wait until late December or something.
Probably isnt super likely but if he did catch a Galarian Bug I would hope its Blipbug.

DatsRight

I'm interested in how this Mew quest could turn out given SM gave some leeway to mythicals being obtainable (granted Mew's powers are way bigger story breakers than Melmetal and Shaymin and even Silvally).

That said I hope Go's Mew affinity doesn't get in the way of him capturing other Pokemon. We don't need to wait until the final season for the companions to get their secondary again.

D

Deleted member 384931

The point of trying to catch or chase one pokemon is that it gets stale very fast.

Red and Blue

I'm interested in how this Mew quest could turn out given SM gave some leeway to mythicals being obtainable (granted Mew's powers are way bigger story breakers than Melmetal and Shaymin and even Silvally).

That said I hope Go's Mew affinity doesn't get in the way of him capturing other Pokemon. We don't need to wait until the final season for the companions to get their secondary again.
His goal is to catch a whole bunch of Pokemon besides Mew though. He could have a full team faster than Ash

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I could see the girl with the Yamper catch a Cramarant.Its ability would be really cool to see in the anime

SatoSereFan224888

Seems like the anime will focus a lot on Gou. Also I think from posters I've seen, Koharu won't travel with the boys. Seems like Ash will be Gou's tutor. Also I think Ash should NOT battle the gyms.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I doubt he will battle every gym leader.It seems like Ash won’t be in Galar long enough to but Gou probobly will.I just hope Gou isn’t the main character in this anime

pancakemonster

Alola...home...

I have a feeling he really will catch a bunch of Pokemon, but that he'll send them all off and just keep Scorbunny on hand, with maybe some more main catches sprinkled in over time. Hopefully it's not all or nothing cause I'd rather not get the extreme of him just using Scorbunny the whole show, or constantly just having random captures around that you don't get quality time with.

Konja7

A twitter account seems to find a poster that include the synopsis. The twitter also put a translation:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheEndlessZero/status/1198542804097454080

"Get 'em all! Road to Mew!!"

Gou and Scorbunny make a journey to the Vermilion forest. He catches lots of Bug-Type Pokémon and he has only one left to complete the Kanto's Bug-Types. And...

Airing on Dec 22

Last edited:

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
A twitter account seems to find a poster that include the synopsis. The twitter also put a translation:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheEndlessZero/status/1198542264085053440

"Get 'em all! Road to Mew!!"

Gou and Scorbunny make a journey to the Vermilion forest. He catches lots of Bug-Type Pokémon and he has only one left to complete the Kanto's Bug-Types. And...

Airing on Dec 22

This is what I was somehow hopping not to happen. I would be fine if Gou would catch 15-20 Pokemon and rotating them like Ash in Kanto and OI, and not like Red in Pokemon Origins where Charizard got 90% of the focus while all his other captures were only shown in just a glimpse.

Wonder who is the Bug type he is missing. Maybe Scyther or Beedrill or Pinsir?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.