• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 22nd: PM2019 006: I'm Gonna Get a Ton of Pokémon! The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
To be fair while it's true that Tracey had a Scyther, so there was a Scyther on the main cast before, it's important to point out that it only was seen for like a few episodes after it's capture. Also on top of that while it was true that Tracey's Scyther was a strong battler it was also true that it was no longer in it's prime and had gotten pretty old to the point to where when it did battle it would get exhausted easily.

So if Gou were to get a Scyther it would likely be a Scyther that is still Young and can battle without getting exhausted real fast, and also they could go down the route of eventually evolve it into Scizor since Scizor was never on the main cast. Oh and in case your wondering the episodes that Scyther appeared in outside of it's capture episode and specials were just 3 episodes in the Orange Island, and 1 episode in Johto. Plus if Gou does get a Scyther since he would be getting it presumably in episode 6 that would mean it would have plenty of time and more chances to actually show up and be used.
I mean sure, but my post wasn’t really detailing the importance or capabilities of Scyther, more so laughing at how forgettable Tracey and his team are

dman_dustin

What logic does it make that the kid refuses to get a Kanto starter when apparently his goal is to catch the all? was that explained in the anime?

He wanted Mew to be his starter Pokemon or probably the actual reason is because they knew Go would be from Kanto, they didn't want to give him something he's seen countless times before, since we're dealing with 8th generation here, they wanted to give Go an actual 8th generation starter.

At this point, I agree, what's the point with all the Kanto favoritism but trying to appeal to a new generation? But of course its to be expected since its Pokemon. And favoring the Kanto region (or 1st generation) is absolutely what they are going to do.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
it'll probably be due to interacting with other pokemon (and eventually leading to getting Scorbunny) that changes his mind.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
At this point, I agree, what's the point with all the Kanto favoritism but trying to appeal to a new generation? But of course its to be expected since its Pokemon. And favoring the Kanto region (or 1st generation) is absolutely what they are going to do.
Ah yes, Scorbunny, my favorite Gen 1 pokémon

We've also got Lugia, Sudowoodo, Sableye, Corviknight, Garchomp, Croagunk, Piplup, and Pichu

Ya know, all those Kanto classics

dman_dustin

Really hope Ash also catches something here if the next episode is battle related, I really don't want Ash to just use Pikachu.

Ah yes, Scorbunny, my favorite Gen 1 pokémon

We've also got Lugia, Sudowoodo, Sableye, Corviknight, Garchomp, Croagunk, Piplup, and Pichu

Ya know, all those Kanto classics

Except you see, I didn't say it was ONLY about 1st generation. Favoritism or rather favored leaning just implies a majority split like 80/20 or 70/30 or even 60/40.

dman_dustin

If Ash doesn't catch something here, this will likely be the FIRST time (barring any weird generations incidences I'm not aware of), that Ash will not have caught something before the end of the year in the context of a new series.

I don't like the fact Go really is catching SO many Pokemon and yet Ash won't have anything other than Pikachu at the start of 2020.

I really don't get why they are doing this at all. This might very well be Ash's last generation if they stopped caring about Ash this badly, that we can't get a focus for him (proper) until January with the Ho-oh episode.

I just know this is going to be my least favorite anime. Not necessarily because it will be bad like other series have been, but by the SHEER disappointment of how the series will be written, it's going to just be disappointment after disappointment, that if anything good happens, I'm going to be so numb it'll just affect me. My only hope is we get interesting titles after Ho-oh episode (which should hopefully be good), but I doubt it.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
If Ash doesn't catch something here, this will likely be the FIRST time (barring any weird generations incidences I'm not aware of), that Ash will not have caught something before the end of the year in the context of a new series.
I've said it before, but between the last few movies and Sun and Moon's reliance on so many one v one Pikachu fights as it went along, it really feels like they're trying to push Ash and Pikachu as a duo harder than ever before. Like they know people see Ash and think Pikachu, so they boil him down as a trainer to just that because it's his signature.

Not saying I think that'll completely prevent him from catching new Pokemon this gen (God I hope not anyway), but it's just something I've been noticing lately.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Who exactly are the others in this situation lol?? Is Koharu joining Ash and Go for once?? Cuz Ash only has Pikachu at this point so someone else has to be with them.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
It takes place in Vermilion, so probably. Though it could also be Sakuragi, Renji, and Kikuna.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
So this isn’t the bug catching contest?Because the summary says they are juts catching Pokémon so it seems Ash will hopefully get a Rookidee in this episode or another capture

Konja7

So this isn’t the bug catching contest?Because the summary says they are juts catching Pokémon so it seems Ash will hopefully get a Rookidee in this episode or another capture

In itself, the catching Pokemon in this Episode seems to focus on Go. Other summary mention that is Go who is catching Kanto Bug Pokemon.

Also, they are in Kanto. It seems pretty unlikely Ash will catch a Rookidee here.

Red and Blue

In itself, the catching Pokemon in this Episode seems to focus on Go. Other summary mention that is Go who is catching Kanto Bug Pokemon.

Also, they are in Kanto. It seems pretty unlikely Ash will catch a Rookidee here.
Well birds are known for flying south during winter. And in episode 8 we have a Piplup that ended up in Kanto. I'm not expecting a Galarian capture here but it isnt totally implausible

Status
Not open for further replies.