• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 22nd: PM2019 006: I'm Gonna Get a Ton of Pokémon! The Road to Mew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

I highly doubt that Gou is going to capture a bug outside the kanto pokedex.

Which is exactly why I want Ash to capture an 8th generation Bug type Pokemon here, just so Go can be jealous that Ash found a RARE Pokemon not found in Kanto while Go only focused on catching Kanto bug Pokemon not realizing there could be non native Pokemon found..

Go can capture all the Pokemon he wants, I still want Ash to occasionally show him up at least a couple of times in regards to captures. Maybe including getting a shiny version of a Pokemon.

Oh and give Go a shiny Pokemon as well, but one where there's hardly a difference, would be hilarious banter as Go showcases his shiny Pokemon but people can't tell the difference and Go can insist that it is shiny. It could be a great gag that I would enjoy.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I guess I want to know why Go wants Mew, is it just because it’s rare and cool to him? Is it for some real attachment? Give some good substance for why he wants Mew for himself because I don’t want it to be because of subtle Pokémon GO advertisement and this “Gotta Catch Em’ All” goal is just a vehicle for that. Why does he want Mew? If it’s for a selfish or petty reason make him realize that and reconsider getting Mew as his goal. Make him understand and bond with Hibanny on a level where wanting Mew as his “true first Pokémon” comes into conflict in someway.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I guess I want to know why Go wants Mew, is it just because it’s rare and cool to him? Is it for some real attachment? Give some good substance for why he wants Mew for himself because I don’t want it to be because of subtle Pokémon GO advertisement and this “Gotta Catch Em’ All” goal is just a vehicle for that. Why does he want Mew? If it’s for a selfish or petty reason make him realize that and reconsider getting Mew as his goal. Make him understand and bond with Hibanny on a level where wanting Mew as his “true first Pokémon” comes into conflict in someway.
He watched Mew toy with Nidoking as a child and saw its power. Simple as that.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
This is probably where Ash will get something. And it could be a pokemon from other regions considering that it's been shown over and over again that other regions have outside pokemon in them so Kanto should be the same.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't really have my hopes up for a capture for Ash, the Bug I would like him with.... Go probably already has it or is searching for it. A certain green one that turns into the best Johto Pokemon!

Oh and give Go a shiny Pokemon as well, but one where there's hardly a difference, would be hilarious banter as Go showcases his shiny Pokemon but people can't tell the difference and Go can insist that it is shiny. It could be a great gag that I would enjoy.

Now THAT is comedy! Something like Gengar or one of the other countless Pokemon with shinies like that.
"Wow Ash, your Noctowl is a different color!" "I have something differently colored too!" "....sure you do, Go."

Bonus points if it's something weak/pathetic that the TRio could actually get away with, but Giovanni yells at them saying it's just a normal one, sending it back and allowing Go to rescue it

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The anime massively devalues shiny Pokemon, though. Just as how it started devaluing Mythicals.

If it's not over 6 feet tall/Mew/any popular Pokemon/CHARIZARD (owned by a main rival only), it ain't worth **** (unless you're TRio).

Last edited:

dman_dustin

The anime massively devalues shiny Pokemon, though. Just as how it started devaluing Mythicals.

If it's not over 6 feet tall/Mew/any popular Pokemon/CHARIZARD (owned by a main rival only), it ain't worth **** (unless you're TRio).

Have they though?

I mean you have seen shiny hunters, right? At least on Youtube.

You really think the anime could even remotely come close to devaluing shiny Pokemon when there are people who go through the entire game for the sole purpose of getting EVERY shiny there is. Sure it takes a long time, but I'm sure there are people with boxes and boxes of shiny Pokemon.

There's literally no way the anime could even come close to them in the context of devaluing shiny Pokemon.

Master Pikachu 11

This is probably where Ash will get something. And it could be a pokemon from other regions considering that it's been shown over and over again that other regions have outside pokemon in them so Kanto should be the same.
The only other Pokémon that I could see show up in Kanto that are not Kanto Pokémon are Johto Pokémon since Johto is not far from Kanto. Again Kanto is where Pokémon first started so I don’t expect any Pokémon from other generations to appear in Kanto other then Kanto Pokémon and if they do like Corviknight then it’s because they belong to someone.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The only other Pokémon that I could see show up in Kanto that are not Kanto Pokémon are Johto Pokémon since Johto is not far from Kanto. Again Kanto is where Pokémon first started so I don’t expect any Pokémon from other generations to appear in Kanto other then Kanto Pokémon and if they do like Corviknight then it’s because they belong to someone.

Except we saw plenty of Hoenn pokemon in Kanto during the battle frontier season so it goes to show that other regions pokemon would show up there too.

TheWanderingMist

Aren't shinies in the anime just a way of telling Pokemon apart? Aside from that one DP episode with the metagross, every other example has been just for differentiation.
Yeah, pretty much. It's either that or accessories.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Aren't shinies in the anime just a way of telling Pokemon apart? Aside from that one DP episode with the metagross, every other example has been just for differentiation.
Most but not all the time. From my memory, that one COTR from XYZ had a Shiny Dragonair & Lysandre’s Shiny Mega Gyarados

World Turtle

Which is exactly why I want Ash to capture an 8th generation Bug type Pokemon here, just so Go can be jealous that Ash found a RARE Pokemon not found in Kanto while Go only focused on catching Kanto bug Pokemon not realizing there could be non native Pokemon found..

So Blipbug, Snom, or Sizzlipede?

I'm really only interested in the first two even if the Fire/Bug is cool too. One would be his first psychic type upon evolution and the other would give him his third ice type.

Go can capture all the Pokemon he wants, I still want Ash to occasionally show him up at least a couple of times in regards to captures. Maybe including getting a shiny version of a Pokemon.

Maybe have Ash catch fully evolved versions of some Pokemon? Or at least Non-Galar Pokemon like Flygon or Lucario?

TheWanderingMist

I'm really only interested in the first two even if the Fire/Bug is cool too. One would be his first psychic type upon evolution and the other would give him his third ice type.

Maybe have Ash catch fully evolved versions of some Pokemon? Or at least Non-Galar Pokemon like Flygon or Lucario?
Snom, yes. Please no to Flygon and ESPECIALLY Lucario.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!

I think Blipbug fits Ash the most, but I could see him with a Sizzlipede too.

Status
Not open for further replies.