• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 23rd: PM2019 137 - The Distant Blue Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Yeah, people still salty to this day.

I find it interesting the main heroes of the show mostly turned out to be not-so-hot parents. Aang playing favorites with his Air bender son (officially making him not-"The Last Airbender" anymore)and Toph allowing Suyin to get so out-of-control after her strict upbringing where she couldn't be or do what she wanted so had to run away.
I’m sad that Soka seemed to have died young, way before Aang died naturally. We don’t even know much about him other than assuming him not having children and Suki staying with him. At least Katara is a good mother/grandmother as far as we know and she, Zuko, and Toph are still alive. Zuko didn’t seem like a bad parent. His daughter ascended the throne and made something of herself. I didn’t mind that Team Avatar weren’t the best parents. I wanted to hear more about Aang’s kids growing up. And it’s still a bit unclear of what happened to his mother

I’m a little disappointed that Toph made somewhat ugly, stern daughters and they are so petty towards each other especially pointing out that they have different fathers. Toph can still get it as a rock solid, kickass old lady!

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I don't think anyone but @Spider-Phoenix will get my emotions in this case but
Considering this is the 'AU concept' with that hat and all, I'd hate hate HATE for Ash's dad to be revealed here instead of some main series episode
Simply because I hate hate HATE how they handled Ash's dad in Secrets of Jungle.
I do NOT want them to gloss over the fact how Ash's dad was a deadbeat and absent in his life and how Delia was the one who raised him alone. Not Suddenly pretending his father was present in his life at some point enough to give some life enriching advice before pissing off out of his life

That is the million dollar question, and I'm not sure if they do. They've had enough trouble producing the anime this year. I can't imagine what the movie workload would be like and how that would impact production.

If they do movies, I could potentially see 1-2 movies following mainline Ash and wrapping up any lose ends. I'm not sure if they need to do movies focusing on Riko and Roy because the previous movie tie-ins for Ash became kind of a mess after a while...they were canon, but the newer movies were never even subtly referenced in the show. So I hope they avoid doing movies that tie into the current anime.
I absolutely agree!! I do NOT need yearly movies, just moves once every 2-3 years that is high quality and focuses on lore aspects of the franchise rather than a cheap anime tie in to promote a Mythical
I was amused when I saw the amount of bitter fans so angry with Legend of Korra for "ruining" the original cast by making them imperfect people as adults/parents.
Coz how dare Legends of Korra have actual good writing that looks and cares for their characters in a realistic and character friendly outlook rather than a Twitter Stan outlook where nobody can have any flaws and must always be good and hot

Status
Not open for further replies.