• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 23rd: PM2019 137 - The Distant Blue Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsaurusMrex

As I said earlier, they're promoting this as "just one of many random adventures Satoshi and Pikachu have on the road", so Satoshi's outfit is most likely an attempt at not specifically attaching it to any one specific series.

This is basically what the movies have been doing too, there's no actual continuity between the newer ones and no real reason to assume it's the same Satoshi as the one from I Choose You in all of them.

The reason for the artstyle is because they brought back Sayuri Ichiishi as character designer, they specifically stated on Twitter that this is being done by the original creative team from OS.
Hi Dephender, can you tell us in short what is being said in the 35 second long teaser? Something tells me TPC using the Laverre City theme points towards something emotionally close to Satoshi's life like how it was used in Satoshi and Serena's first meeting. Would greatly appreciate it if you did.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
So with this being AU Ash from the movies, we will likely see no one but Pikachu. Yawn.
Well, he's throwing a pokeball and apparently he's trying to tame a wild gyarados. We have to wait until friday to find.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Im SO happy we get some sort of last hurrah and farewell to AU Ash as well
Sure, there has never been any confirmation that Ash from ICY, PoU and SoJ were the same, but I like to think they are (yes due to the cap) but also the fact that the concept is the same, a different universe Ash on a new adventure.
So if nothing else this is atleast a final hurrah to that concept which Im glad we are getting considering movies were done
I'm glad this is where it ends rather than Secrets of Jungle despite how beautiful that movie was

Also, really happy the Original OS team gets to do a sort of special farewell as well, this is the perfect breather between JN and Aim to be a Pokemon master tbh, as well as nice way to retire Ash's movie characterisation

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Haven't thought about seeing it as a way to close the book on AU!Ash as well, despite the dispute on whether this one from the special are the AU version or not.

But makes sense, all things considered

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
From where this thing about the Haruto kid be Ash's father is coming?

Until the special episode come out, I think it's just about a random kid with some problem that Ash & pikachu meet by chance.

My guess is people are speculating because of this shot in the trailer.

It would be cool if he was Ash's dad, but knowing the anime, it's probably bait. Haruto has the same silhouette as Ash with their hair style.

1671219660089.jpg

Eevee903

You are awesome!
My guess is people are speculating because of this shot in the trailer.

It would be cool if he was Ash's dad, but knowing the anime, it's probably bait. Haruto has the same silhouette as Ash with their hair style.

1671219660089.jpg
I wouldn't be surprised thar Haruto is lost or something like that

ShuckFam

Lmao @janejane6178 and cricket are going to be happy about the artstyle
I apologize if I'm wrong but didn't Jane faint from shock at the sight of topless Kukui? Shirtless Ash, riding on that Gyarados, is going to send her over the edge.

Sun and Moon was banned in her household because of Kukui's indecency, iirc.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
This episode can genuinly be summarized as "one of the journeys of all time"

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I think it's obvious this special will be from the alternative continuity of the movies "Pokemon: I choose you!", "Pokemon: The Power of All" and the one with the jungle kid (I don't know the english name).

What calls my attention is Ash riding on a Gyarados' head. Are we going to see Ash capturing Pokemon he never captured in the anime's main continuity?

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
1671601372072.jpg

“Depicting the meeting between Satoshi, Pikachu, and a mysterious boy!!

What is the secret of the boy Haruto?!

Satoshi heads to Tonari Town because it’s where he promised to meet his mother Delia. However when he awakes, Pikachu is gone!? Haruto approaches Satoshi who is looking for Pikachu.

Satoshi follows Haruto who says he saw Pikachu get kidnapped by strange individuals. The pair become great friends, but a shocking truth comes to fruition!?

The strange individuals in strange clothes who kidnapped Pikachu turned out to just be Team Rocket”

Very interesting if true. What could it be?

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I mean he NEEDS a Pokemon to get Pikachu back. Probably Charizard tho.
You should know by now, when they don't want Ash using a non-pikachu 'mon that isn't on his team, wild 'mons will gladly help.

Even that diglet there could help.

Anyway, that Haruto kid looks very chill for someone running from a swarm of beedrills.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
You should know by now, when they don't want Ash using a non-pikachu 'mon that isn't on his team, wild 'mons will gladly help.
True lol. He is throwing a Pokeball in the trailer.
Even that diglet there could help.

Anyway, that Haruto kid looks very chill for someone running from a swarm of beedrills.
Yeah lol. It is interesting that AU Ash’s adventures largely involves focus on one person (Margot,Koko,Haruto) that keeps the story going.

Status
Not open for further replies.