• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 23rd: PM2019 137 - The Distant Blue Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuzamaki90

From where this thing about the Haruto kid be Ash's father is coming?

Until the special episode come out, I think it's just about a random kid with some problem that Ash & pikachu meet by chance.
Dunno if anyone answered this but it’s because they showed a shot in the PV of silhouettes that include Ash and his parents. We know it’s Ash and not Haruto despite the similar hair shapes because of those two little strands Ash has in the middle of his hair.

Also the summaries keep focusing on Haruto being some mysterious kid which means there’s some kind of secret about him

They are ending Ash’s story and his dad has been a popular thing about Ash in the fandom. Why not spend a special episode during the holidays debuting the guy before the curtains close?

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Dunno if anyone answered this but it’s because they showed a shot in the PV of silhouettes that include Ash and his parents. We know it’s Ash and not Haruto despite the similar hair shapes because of those two little strands Ash has in the middle of his hair.

Also the summaries keep focusing on Haruto being some mysterious kid which means there’s some kind of secret about him

They are ending Ash’s story and his dad has been a popular thing about Ash in the fandom. Why not spend a special episode during the holidays debuting the guy before the curtains close?
Yeah, that's a valid reason.

Still, I'll wait for whatever is happening tomorrow

True lol. He is throwing a Pokeball in the trailer.

Yeah lol. It is interesting that AU Ash’s adventures largely involves focus on one person (Margot,Koko,Haruto) that keeps the story going.
He could be trying to catch something, like that gyarados. We will know soon.

Also, yeah, Ash very frequently isn't enough to carry alone a story (movie or anime), even if movie 20 did a great job focusing on him and pikachu for a change.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Haruto is Ash’s half brother from his dad’s second marriage
Haruto is Ash's evil conjoined twin that Deliah abandoned in the attic...

Or was it the good one? Which side is the scar on?

masdog

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Actually, you can’t measure their existence with cartesian coordinates. You probably need a whole new branch of mathematics to describe UnovaMaster.
The whatchamacallitcahedron strikes again

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Makes you wonder: is this the end of AU Ash in the movies too?

I bet we won't get a movie in 2023 either

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Covid is striking back again, so yeah it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get a movie in 2023 as well.
Not really? It's mainly China cause they've gotten rid of their zero Covid policy, and for some reason, India announced some hyper strict measures to be careful, not cause there's a surge in cases. Global cases have continued to plummet.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Not really? It's mainly China cause they've gotten rid of their zero Covid policy, and for some reason, India announced some hyper strict measures to be careful, not cause there's a surge in cases. Global cases have continued to plummet.
Does Pokemon still need movies each year? That is the question we should be asking. If yes, do we still Ash for those or can Riko and Roy do that?

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Japan_221222.png

Japan_221222_v2.png

Today 184,375 new cases were reported, a 9.42% increase from last week's Thursday, and 339 new deaths, the 3rd highest during the entire pandemic.
And this is because people are behaving like and thinking that COVID isn’t on these streets anymore and that things are just back to normal now that we aren’t locked in our houses as if it removes us from a global pandemic.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Japan_221222.png

Japan_221222_v2.png

Today 184,375 new cases were reported, a 9.42% increase from last week's Thursday, and 339 new deaths, the 3rd highest during the entire pandemic.
And? Cases fluctuate but that's not the same as a steady explosion in cases which would've made headlines. Fact is the world has largely attempted to go back to normal, and unless there's a new variant causing a massive rise and paralyzing a nation's Healthcare system, Covid is no longer a major excuse to justify production issues. Also don't forget Japan finally opened up to tourists (one of the last developed countries to do so) so small spikes would've been anticipated.

masdog

Does Pokemon still need movies each year? That is the question we should be asking. If yes, do we still Ash for those or can Riko and Roy do that?
That is the million dollar question, and I'm not sure if they do. They've had enough trouble producing the anime this year. I can't imagine what the movie workload would be like and how that would impact production.

If they do movies, I could potentially see 1-2 movies following mainline Ash and wrapping up any lose ends. I'm not sure if they need to do movies focusing on Riko and Roy because the previous movie tie-ins for Ash became kind of a mess after a while...they were canon, but the newer movies were never even subtly referenced in the show. So I hope they avoid doing movies that tie into the current anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.