• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 23rd: PM2019 137 - The Distant Blue Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
the United States has 2,708 tests per 1k, almost 7 times higher
You hate to see it. This is tragic

Japan is one of the countries with the lowest testing with just 429.37 tests per 1k. By reference, the United States has 2,708 tests per 1k, almost 7 times higher. This suggests cases are severely underreported in Japan.

Japan has also recorded approximately 84,654 Excess Deaths between January and October vs 28,373 official Deaths during the same period. This suggests deaths are also severely underreported in Japan

Just because the world acts as if COVID-19 dissapeared, it does not make the virus dissapear.
Not only this, you cannot legally work somewhere if you have COVID or testing positive and even then the partials and proteins can have you continually testing positive for up to 3 months. If a worker gets sick and infects all of their co worker that right there and screw up a whole bunch of things.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Japan is one of the countries with the lowest testing with just 429.37 tests per 1k. By reference, the United States has 2,708 tests per 1k, almost 7 times higher. This suggests cases are severely underreported in Japan.

Japan has also recorded approximately 84,654 Excess Deaths between January and October vs 28,373 official Deaths during the same period. This suggests deaths are also severely underreported in Japan

Just because the world acts as if COVID-19 dissapeared, it does not make the virus dissapear.
It's a virus, of course it'll never disappear. That's why a balancing act of living with the virus is a must and what the world is finally attempting. Countries have been battered economically and socially with all the measures and need to continue to recover and move on. On the topic of Japan, it only recently opened its borders on October 11 with a battered Yen and economy. And reopening obviously raises the risk of cases rising (but not unless it skyrockets and strains the Healthcare system). Mass testing has severely reduced cause the situation has stabilized in so many countries. It's just not sustainable to needlessly test the whole population.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
And that is the problem. An artificial way of reducing cases and deaths by acting as if the virus does no longer.

Several countries are not as bad as in 2020-2021, but are in a much worse position than official figures says because Mass Testing is no longer available.

As another example, Germany has reported almost as many Excess Deaths between weeks 1-47 of 2022 (59,905) as between weeks 1-52 of 2021 (60,379).

Just acting as if the virus dissappeared does not solve the problem, and it clearly is not working in Japan.
This is my last point cause this isn't on topic and experience says responding to you is worse than a brick wall.

And what's your solution, more lockdowns and restrictions (which have proven to be ineffective) while letting societies crumble? China followed mass testing and lockdowns for even one case, and as expected, cases and deaths were "low", yet people couldn't take it and even in a place like that, mass protests happened to the point that China is reversing it's policy (yeah sure the caseload is skyrocketing now but that's cause the population has poor immunity from being shutdown for over 2 years and many people aren't vaccined there). People knew it would happened but they still chose this over insane shutdowns.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
So, is Haruto Satoshi's dad?

This situation almost reminds me of him meeting "Yukinari" in the Celebi movie now that I think about it. Also why have Satoshi's dad with Hanako while most of this one-off episode is more akin to random filler episode?

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

If Celebi is involved, he may just be Ash's dad from the past brought to the future.
It's always been Celebi, Satoshi met his surrogate dad, Kukui in the past via Celebi and also met his other father figure, Professor Okido. Only fitting he meet his blood/biological father as a child via Celebi's power.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The cheapest but most effective way to make Ash's dad relevant is to reveal that - while he is perhaps Haruto as a kid in an AU universe - he actually became a Pokemon Master, so Ash has to fight him in the last 11 episodes he has to claim the self-made title only two people in the whole world made up.

The lazy way? This episode is extremely self-contained and nothing really happens.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
Is this not I Choose You Ash? Nothing that happens in this is necessarily “canon” to the original universe.

That doesn’t make it irrelevant obviously, but if Haruto is this Ash’s dad or son or whatever, it doesn’t necessarily have implications for the rest of the series, which is fine.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Adult Haruto (in the shadow next to Hanako...I think? Seems to have the same hairstyle only on an adult frame and smaller head matured) and Satoshi also seems to have this hairstyle:
FkfdStdVEAAooVv

FkfdT5aVEAEGCQT

FkkvwtXakAAY-uO

My only issue with this is Haruto looks way too plain and generic to be Satoshi's dad. Plus no Z-facial energy marks. Kind of reminds me of a random AG-DP stock character.

Last edited:
What if Haruto is actually Ash's kid from the future, and he went back in time with Celebi to meet his dad who he's heard so much about, but never met...
You’re making me sad. Ash would never be a dead beat dad

Status
Not open for further replies.