• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 23rd: SM102 - An Alola! in Alola! Takeshi and Kasumi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Are they only returning for 1 episode? If it was a 2-part event it would have been advertised as such like their first return was.

If it's only one episode, I really hope it's mostly just Ash/Brock/Misty interaction... with the TRio sprinkled on top of course cause they're most definitely going to be here

Kintaro

Banned
The difference is their last appearance was advertised at the start as a 2-part episode on the summaries. This only states a single episode, and given it's airing at December 23rd the end of the year, it might just be a one and done ep to end the year with. Doesn't Pokemon skip weeks during Christmas and New Years? Is this the last ep till 2019?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Doesn't Pokemon skip weeks during Christmas and New Years? Is this the last ep till 2019?

We don't know. It's not a rule that Pokemon takes a break over New Year's, but Japanese TV is very heavy on New Year specials, which means a lot of regular programming gets preempted during the days surrounding New Year's.

But yeah, it's important to keep in mind that they announced this title at an event, we didn't get it from a TV guide, so if the characters were going to stick around for multiple episodes they'd probably have announced the other titles as well.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
We don't know. It's not a rule that Pokemon takes a break over New Year's, but Japanese TV is very heavy on New Year specials, which means a lot of regular programming gets preempted during the days surrounding New Year's.

But yeah, it's important to keep in mind that they announced this title at an event, we didn't get it from a TV guide, so if the characters were going to stick around for multiple episodes they'd probably have announced the other titles as well.
well, the following episode would be dec 30, not 31, also, pokefan should be coming soon, right?

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
I like to think they’ll get more than one episode. I guess we won’t find out until we get a summary or until the next episode title is released.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I like to think they’ll get more than one episode. I guess we won’t find out until we get a summary or until the next episode title is released.
I think they’ll stay longer this time. I have a feeling of doubt they’ll leave at the end of the episode.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Though wait, is this a one shot or a guest stint?

Even bigger, just what CAN they do with them after the Kanto field trip dou? o_O
alola league building arc? Idk (though if it happens it'd be a great way to introduce guzma, given his hatred for the island challenge in the games, maybe in this one he wanted to be a kahuna, seeing as captains don't exist in the anime)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If we get to see Misty and Brock meeting Kukui, then we could see them help with him with the construction of a Pokémon League in Alola. Their involvement with the Indigo League can surely help with how that’s coordinated.

Kintaro

Banned
I don't think misty/brock will have anything to do with the construction of a league in a region they're not even from, lol. I'm surprised that idea is constantly thrown around, doesn't even make sense IMO.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't think misty/brock will have anything to do with the construction of a league in a region they're not even from, lol. I'm surprised that idea is constantly thrown around, doesn't even make sense IMO.
I would be slightly surprised if it did happen but I think it still makes sense. I'm mostly expecting that won't happen but there's still a chance something like that can.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Ehh probably kukui already build it by Ash show up in the series?
I would be slightly surprised if it did happen but I think it still makes sense. I'm mostly expecting that won't happen but there's still a chance something like that can.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
It'd be a bit weird if they arrived in Alola just for a visit and then left at the end of the same episode. I know Delia did it, but they were for those Pokemon School events. Although, SM043 was just for Ash's classmates to see Gym Battles and I don't know what they'd have them around for a second episode in Alola. Maybe to show Misty and Brock an unofficial Island trial?

Kintaro

Banned
It'd be a bit weird if they arrived in Alola just for a visit and then left at the end of the same episode. I know Delia did it, but they were for those Pokemon School events. Although, SM043 was just for Ash's classmates to see Gym Battles and I don't know what they'd have them around for a second episode in Alola. Maybe to show Misty and Brock an unofficial Island trial?

Misty/Brock are in vacation clothes, it's probably just to relax on the island and beaches. It looks just like a fun visit episode, there probably won't be any battles or stuff like that this time. It's why it might also be only one episode since it seems tucked into the tail-end of the year.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Misty/Brock are in vacation clothes, it's probably just to relax on the island and beaches. It looks just like a fun visit episode, there probably won't be any battles or stuff like that this time. It's why it might also be only one episode since it seems tucked into the tail-end of the year.
Yeah, I know, but a quick exhibition of a Island trial couldn't hurt if they stick around for more than one episode.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ehh probably kukui already build it by Ash show up in the series?
Maybe Kukui doesn't know where to start but has the jist of it so that he could create the basic idea. Maybe he knows the framework of it but then maybe he wants it to be something that is appealing to both Alolans and foreigners.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
btw, I wonder what we'll get for the new year special (also, shouldn't pokefan have aleady come out? last issue was on september)

Status
Not open for further replies.