• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 24th: PM2019 092 - Gangar Does Its Best! The Road to Kyodaimax!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Satoshi and Go visit the Ghost Gym in Lateral Town in order to make Gangar Kyodaimax. And believe it or not, there they find the masked boy they met on the Ghost train, who turns out to be Onion, a boy who serves as the Gym Leader of the Ghost Gym despite his young age.

After going to the Lateral Stadium, Satoshi and the others attempt to Kyodaimax. However, Gangar remains Daimaxed. When Onion sees this, he tell Satoshi that while Gangar can Daimax, it won't be able to Kyodaimax no matter how hard it tries......

However, after Onion tell Satoshi and the others that Gangar will be able to Kyodaimax if it drinks Dai Soup made from "Dai Mushrooms", they decide to go search for Dai Mushrooms in a forest where lots of Ghost type Pokémon live. Onion warns them that Dai Mushrooms aren't easy to pick, but Satoshi is full of drive and says he'll definitely get some.

Onion takes them to a cemetary in the forest where they immediately find some Dai Mushrooms, but a Sunnygo (Galarian form), a Pokémon that's said to curse you if you kick it, is hiding nearby looking just like a rock. Satoshi attempts to get the Dai Mushroom while holding on to Gangar, but......?

Screenplay 赤尾でこ (Deko Akao)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 山本貴之 (Takayuki Yamamoto)
Animation Director 柳原好貴 (Koki Yanagihara)
Animation Director 小山知洋 (Tomohiro Koyama)

--------

Onion, the Gym Leader of the Galar region Ghost Gym, is going to make his debut in the Pocket Monsters TV series, which airs every Friday at 6:55PM on the TV Tokyo Network! Onion, the mysterious boy that has an emotional bond with Ghost Pokémon, is going to play a major role for two weeks straight! Our spotlighted cast member is voice actress Chiyuki Miura, whom we've got a comment from!

8ew5SX2.jpg

In "The Ghost Train Departs...", which will air Friday December 17th, Satoshi and Go have gone to Shoot City Station to catch a train to Lateral Town. After seeing a masked boy drop a ticket, they decide to get on the somewhat creepy-looking "Ghost Train" in order to return it... But as they make their way through the train searching for the boy, Satoshi bumps into a mysterious stone, which seemingly leads to him starting to act weird...?

xXIMLuJ.jpg

Then, in "Gangar Does Its Best! The Road to Kyodaimax!!", which will air Friday December 24th, Satoshi and Go visit Onion, the Gym Leader of the Ghost Gym in Lateral Town, in order to make Gangar Kyodaimax. Onion tells them that Kyodaimaxing Satoshi's Gangar requires having it drink Dai Soup made from Dai Mushrooms. Will Gangar be able to gather Dai Mushrooms from the forest where lots of unique Ghost type Pokémon live without any problems arising, and then Kyodaimax?!

NCXNWki.jpg

What kind of role will Onion play in the story of Satoshi, Go and their friends?! This arc is a must see for Pokémon fans, so make sure to keep your attention on it!

We have received the following comment from Chiyuki Miura, the voice of Onion! Allow us to introduce her:

EtKXvAw.jpg

I was extremely happy when I learned I got cast. I've watched the Pocket Monsters TV series ever since I was a kid, and I have more memories tied to it than almost any other anime, so I can't believe I've going to be in it as THE Onion-kun! I gave the role my all, knowing that this is an extremely appealing character that lots of people really fell in love with when they played the video game, so he has to be portrayed with extreme care.
Onion-kun is so reticent it seems he's straight up bad at talking to people, which is precisely why I played every single word of his with great care while talking them over with the sound director. I'm looking forward to being able to bring you a new side of Onion-kun you didn't get to see in the video game, and I hope it will make you love him so much more. Please keep an eye on him as he tries his best in his own little way.
-Chiyuki Miura, voice of Onion

Last edited:
Dynamax Gengar with no buildup hooray! /s

Wonder who Ash will battle... probably a Ghost type special... Allister or Bede?

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I actually forgot Satoshi had a Gengar, not gonna lie but still hopefully some news can hype me up for this. Looking at its overall usage thus far it might have been better for Gengar to get caught later to be honest or let Satoshi start off with a Ghos and slowly evolve it overtime.

Kyodaimax just doesn’t often make for good battles unfortunately to me but I am glad the Ghost boi is getting some type of shine. I’m hoping not that all initial character arc. have been fulfilled we’ll get more regular focus in terms of episodic appearance by Satoshi’s team members.

D

Deleted member 384931

Well an episode called Ghost Train, followed by an episode about a Ghost Pokemon doesn't exactly leave much room subtlety you know?
Eh we have situations like this before.

I wouldnt be surprised if JN091 is a late Halloween episode. I mean think about it, if you think away all the breaks we have gotten, JN091 would have aired around Halloween.

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
People on this forum for more than a year: Give us Gengar focus! We want Gengar focus! It hasn't had any focus in forever!

People on this forum now: Ugh, Gengar focus. How stupid. Too late and episode is an immediate skip.

D

Deleted member 384931

People on this forum for more than a year: Give us Gengar focus! We want Gengar focus! It hasn't had any focus in forever!

People on this forum now: Ugh, Gengar focus. How stupid. Too late and episode is an immediate skip.
At this point, can you blame ppl?Ppl have waited long enough and sorry to say but Gigantamax isnt really "amazing".

I mean Gengar hasn't won a battle since JN018. It hadnt gotten development since JN016

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Eh we have situations like this before.

I wouldnt be surprised if JN091 is a late Halloween episode. I mean think about it, if you think away all the breaks we have gotten, JN091 would have aired around Halloween.
I was literally just thinking, it almost feels like this episode is being aired out of order.

Only difference is that I kinda get the feeling that this episode is airing sooner than it was originally intended.

I almost feel like maybe this episode was supposed to Kickstart the New Year instead of being the last episode of 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.