• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 24th: PM2019 092 - Gangar Does Its Best! The Road to Kyodaimax!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Talonflame is somewhat fair individually, but even it had moments with its relationship with Froakie and it's second evolution episode was good as well as the episode with the Olympia episode, but I'd give it to you that they didn't do much with him as a Pokemon but that's still a far cry from saying it had no interactions with other mons from Ash's team lol

>him

LucasMV

Well, this is nice, specially if it's part of a 2 episode arc along with the previous one. Good to see there are no breaks for Christmas too.

And I'm curious, I know Gengar's japanese name is ゲンガー, which is pronounced Gengaa, not Gangar. But Gangar is how they always write it (like in this title). Never understood why in this case the romaji is different from the actual spelling and pronunciation.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
And I'm curious, I know Gengar's japanese name is ゲンガー, which is pronounced Gengaa, not Gangar. But Gangar is how they always write it (like in this title). Never understood why in this case the romaji is different from the actual spelling and pronunciation.

No, it does match the pronunciation of the word "doppelganger" (ドッペルゲンガー), which is where the name comes from in the first place.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I wonder if we see Allistar here.
I also want to see Nessa. She has an amazing design
I want him, Nessa, Kabu, Bede and Marnie/Piers. Willing to sacrifice the others to limbo so long as they get in

I still think Nessa is highly likely, we still need to see G-Max Blastoise and since the TRio have Drednaw she might get Blastoise. Sure Gary's with Project Mew but if any Dynamax stuff pops up for that at all, it's most likely gonna be Cinderace/Inteleon since those are still unaccounted for

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
If the Ghost Train episode and this are related this could be one way this could go.

What if this episode does take place in Galar, but more importantly in the Wild Area at the Watchtower Ruins. There could be superstitions of a train departing from the station and using old abandoned tracks that were never finished or something near the ruins.

Thus, Ash and Goh investigate. It could involve Allister or even the the Galarian counterpart of the Kanto Museum Curator and Unova Expedition Leader.

Maybe, the boys face off against a G-Max Gengar and Ash uses Gengar, but it only manages to Dynamax.

This leads to the next episode but having the character helping the boys tell them about the Isle of Armor where they can go and have Gengar gain the ability himself.

So then in this episode, Ash and Goh go to the Isle of Armor and meet Mustard and/or Honey and Ash and Gengar get tasked with collecting the mushrooms necessary to make the soup that will give Gengar the ability to G-Max. Ash and Gengar go into the wilderness alone to search. Maybe there they encounter a few obstacles but they manage to do it. Then Mustard could give him a chance to try it out at his battlefield. Based on the Hyper Class silhouettes, he could receive a notice that his next opponent is Kabu or something.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
If the Ghost Train episode and this are related this could be one way this could go.

So then in this episode, Ash and Goh go to the Isle of Armor and meet Mustard and/or Honey and Ash and Gengar get tasked with collecting the mushrooms necessary to make the soup that will give Gengar the ability to G-Max. Ash and Gengar go into the wilderness alone to search. Maybe there they encounter a few obstacles but they manage to do it. Then Mustard could give him a chance to try it out at his battlefield. Based on the Hyper Class silhouettes, he could receive a notice that his next opponent is Kabu or something.
This would demean Kubfu entirely over Gengar, and not to mention that it'd be random that Gengar somehow can't G-Max when Pikachu can (main character benefits aside)...and both come from Kanto.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This would demean Kubfu entirely over Gengar, and not to mention that it'd be random that Gengar somehow can't G-Max when Pikachu can (main character benefits aside)...and both come from Kanto.

Didn't they already "demean" Kubfu when they already gave both it's evolved forms to the Project Mew characters?

"The Road to Gigantamaxing" gives the impression that it will take some effort to even get. Besides, it's not unusual for Gengar not to have it originally when Pikachu does considering it happens in the games, thus the G-Max Soup.

Status
Not open for further replies.