• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 24th: PM2019 092 - Gangar Does Its Best! The Road to Kyodaimax!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I understand the sentiment of this being late. I don't think Gengars appearances where it jobbed should be discounted when talking about its relevance though but no doubt it's treatment has been horrendous throughout the series
As someone who likes Gengar the little we have seen of it, (idk Gengar as a Pokémon has always made me laugh lol) I am very excited to see it get development and a bone thrown to it, and I've loved every development arc we have gotten for Ash's Pokemon so far.

On paper you would think Ash's team in JN is the best, great mons, fully evolved, beating strong trainers, individually every mon getting relevance and screentime (I'm assuming Sirfetch'd and Dracovish both will get a mini arc like Riolu, Farfetchd, Lucario and Gengar have, esp coz meteor assault is yet to be learned and they didn't let it shine against Bea). Then you see it's execution which is the pacing of these arcs versus their captures, and the lack of interactions or 'fillerish' screentime where they are just exisiting in the world and always with Ash. By the end of the series no doubt every of Ash's mon would have had something going on for them or a personal victory which is more then what most Ash's other teams got, but their perception will always be titled considering we never got to see their personality shine for elongated periods of time and just....exist whenever the plot requires them. It is improving lately but well, one can only wait and see

Also I hope we get another episode as well instead of it just being a 2episode arc but I wont get my hopes up

LucasMV

I don't think Gengars appearances where it jobbed should be discounted when talking about its relevance though but no doubt it's treatment has been
He did have some good moments in the battle against Volkner. He was important in helping to take down Luxray. But still, Gengar has only 1 single victory under his name. Considering he's been an early capture, it doesn't make much sense.
but their perception will always be titled considering we never got to see their personality shine for elongated periods of time and just....exist whenever the plot requires them. It is improving lately but well, one can only wait and see
And that's the worst part, they just don't show us enough of the pokemon. Ash's or otherwise. It's like whoever was in charge of pokemon portrayal in SM got fired and they hired someone who doesn't know that pokemon are more than just battling machines or tools to get over obstacles. It's probably the weakest point of JN for me.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
In the Pokémon anime episodes airing Friday December 17th and Friday December 24th, we'll be going to Lateral Town in the Galar region!
In addition, Ghost Gym Gym Leader Onion will make his debut in the series.
He will be voiced by Chiyuki Miura.

We have received the following comment from her:
I was extremely happy when I learned I got cast. I've watched the Pocket Monsters TV series ever since I was a kid, and I have more memories tied to it than almost any other anime, so I can't believe I've going to be in it as THE Onion-kun! I gave the role my all, knowing that this is an extremely appealing character that lots of people really fell in love with when they played the video game, so he has to be portrayed with extreme care.
Onion-kun is so reticent it seems he's straight up bad at talking to people, which is precisely why I played every single word of his with great care while talking them over with the sound director. I'm looking forward to being able to bring you a new side of Onion-kun you didn't get to see in the video game, and I hope it will make you love him so much more. Please keep an eye on him as he tries his best in his own little way.
-Chiyuki Miura, voice of Onion

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
More:

Onion, the Gym Leader of the Galar region Ghost Gym, is going to make his debut in the Pocket Monsters TV series, which airs every Friday at 6:55PM on the TV Tokyo Network! Onion, the mysterious boy that has an emotional bond with Ghost Pokémon, is going to play a major role for two weeks straight! Our spotlighted cast member is voice actress Chiyuki Miura, whom we've got a comment from!

8ew5SX2.jpg

In "The Ghost Train Departs...", which will air Friday December 17th, Satoshi and Go have gone to Shoot City Station to catch a train to Lateral Town. After seeing a masked boy drop a ticket, they decide to get on the somewhat creepy-looking "Ghost Train" in order to return it... But as they make their way through the train searching for the boy, Satoshi bumps into a mysterious stone, which seemingly leads to him starting to act weird...?

xXIMLuJ.jpg

Then, in "Gangar Does Its Best! The Road to Kyodaimax!!", which will air Friday December 24th, Satoshi and Go visit Onion, the Gym Leader of the Ghost Gym in Lateral Town, in order to make Gangar Kyodaimax. Onion tells them that Kyodaimaxing Satoshi's Gangar requires having it drink Dai Soup made from Dai Mushrooms. Will Gangar be able to gather Dai Mushrooms from the forest where lots of unique Ghost type Pokémon live without any problems arising, and then Kyodaimax?!

NCXNWki.jpg

What kind of role will Onion play in the story of Satoshi, Go and their friends?! This arc is a must see for Pokémon fans, so make sure to keep your attention on it!

We have received the following comment from Chiyaki Miura, the voice of Onion! Allow us to introduce her:

EtKXvAw.jpg

I was extremely happy when I learned I got cast. I've watched the Pocket Monsters TV series ever since I was a kid, and I have more memories tied to it than almost any other anime, so I can't believe I've going to be in it as THE Onion-kun! I gave the role my all, knowing that this is an extremely appealing character that lots of people really fell in love with when they played the video game, so he has to be portrayed with extreme care.
Onion-kun is so reticent it seems he's straight up bad at talking to people, which is precisely why I played every single word of his with great care while talking them over with the sound director. I'm looking forward to being able to bring you a new side of Onion-kun you didn't get to see in the video game, and I hope it will make you love him so much more. Please keep an eye on him as he tries his best in his own little way.
-Chiyuki Miura, voice of Onion

I really liked Allister's portrayal in Twilight Wings so I'm interested in seeing him in Journeys. My only concern is the potential to overshadow Gengar's development.

I really liked Allister's portrayal in Twilight Wings so I'm interested in seeing him in Journeys. My only concern is the potential to overshadow Gengar's development.
Is your PFP of Ash

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
That weird stone is definitely a Galarian Yamask
It was hinted as well with the DD arc
Excited to see Allister and this premise, I just hope Gengar gets decent focus too. At this point I'm only hoping for battle focus because I doubt we are getting any character focus, the episodes seem jampacked

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
To be fair, that's happened to a LOT of characters from the games over the years...
To be fairer, she's saying we're seeing sides we never saw from Allister in the games, except the anime likes making a lot of unofficial facts that ultimately do not relate to the original depictions.

I mean, Allister somehow knows how to do Honey's recipe using just Big Mushrooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.