• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 24th: PM2019 092 - Gangar Does Its Best! The Road to Kyodaimax!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I want Nessa to be next:/

Most of the pokémon got a 'mentor'-figure returning in this series:
- Pikachu: No mentor specifically, but maybe returning to Vermillion Gym and rebattling Volkner counts?
- Dragonite: Iris
- Lucario: Korrina
- Gengar: Allister
- Sirfetchd: Wikstrom
- Dracovish: ... Iris sort of?

Seems about right that Dracovish still needs to get a Water-type mentor figure.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
- Dracovish: ... Iris sort of?

Seems about right that Dracovish still needs to get a Water-type mentor figure.
Place your bets:

- Misty

- Wallace

- some CotD

Locormus

Yeah, no, she didn't even do squat of training with his Lucario. She was just there to tag along, ironically like Ash and the XY group did for her. Hell, Korrina didn't even let her Lucario out during the stone search and was more like the load...for Goh.

You missed the part where Riolu saw Korrina's Mega Lucario and had that 'AWW SH**! THAT'S GONNA BE ME ONE DAY!'-moment and where Korrina was right there giving Ash his Mega Glove and sending him towards the Lucarionite? I mean she was pretty important to the development of Ash's Lucario.

Goh is relevant in this post.. how?

I said mentor-figure, not mentor. As in, the named character that's brought in to help out in the development episodes of the current roster.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
You missed the part where Riolu saw Korrina's Mega Lucario and had that 'AWW SH**! THAT'S GONNA BE ME ONE DAY!'-moment
That somehow didn't lead Riolu to be mentored by the Mega Lucario. In fact, they went MIA completely until the next 60 episodes, when they didn't even interact past 20 seconds.
and where Korrina was right there giving Ash his Mega Glove
If I gave Ash a berry he needs without issue, am I suddenly a mentor-figure?
and sending him towards the Lucarionite?
She was then hitchhiking.
Goh is relevant in this post.. how?
Whoops. Sorry. It was Lucario who was with Goh. Korrina stuck to Ash, except she didn't do anything because Ash and Lucario kept going using its aura.

Last edited:

Locormus

That somehow didn't lead Riolu to be mentored by the Mega Lucario. In fact, they went MIA completely until the next 60 episodes, when they didn't even interact past 20 seconds.

If I gave Ash a berry he needs without issue, am I suddenly a mentor-figure?

She was then hitchhiking.

Whoops. Sorry. It was Lucario who was with Goh. Korrina stuck to Ash, except she didn't do anything because Ash and Lucario kept going using its aura.

Seems like you really like Goh if you want to bring him up so often.. You might as well brought up Goh's Scyther hogging Farfetch'ds episode as well.

You expected a just hatched Riolu to be trained into becoming a Mega Lucario in much less then 60 episodes? That's like expecting Chimchar to rapidly evolve into Infernape and mastering Blaze within 60 episodes since he wasn't under Paul's care anymore. The shot was clear: Dragonite vs. Mega Lucario inspired Ash's Riolu to reach that level of strength at one point.

There's a big difference between a berry and a Key Item where her family is known for and which is required for the next step in Lucario's progression. I honestly don't see any reason why you're so hung up on the word 'mentor'. What did Iris really do for Dragonite aside from a little cheer? Yeah, not much. Did Volkner do much for Pikachu? Also not so much. I said recurring figure that acts as a 'mentor-figure' for the pokémon of the day.

The point is that they seem to bring back a named character (or introduce in Wikstrom's case) to tag along and help during one of Ash's Pokémon development episodes - and that it is therefore likely that the same might happen for Dracovish. That's just something you can't deny - aside from being semantic about a word and blowing up about it and bringing a pet-peeve into the discussion.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Seems like you really like Goh if you want to bring him up so often.. You might as well brought up Goh's Scyther hogging Farfetch'ds episode as well.

You expected a just hatched Riolu to be trained into becoming a Mega Lucario in much less then 60 episodes? That's like expecting Chimchar to rapidly evolve into Infernape and mastering Blaze within 60 episodes since he wasn't under Paul's care anymore. The shot was clear: Dragonite vs. Mega Lucario inspired Ash's Riolu to reach that level of strength at one point.

There's a big difference between a berry and a Key Item where her family is known for and which is required for the next step in Lucario's progression. I honestly don't see any reason why you're so hung up on the word 'mentor'. What did Iris really do for Dragonite aside from a little cheer? Yeah, not much. Did Volkner do much for Pikachu? Also not so much. I said recurring figure that acts as a 'mentor-figure' for the pokémon of the day.

The point is that they seem to bring back a named character (or introduce in Wikstrom's case) to tag along and help during one of Ash's Pokémon development episodes - and that it is therefore likely that the same might happen for Dracovish. That's just something you can't deny - aside from being semantic about a word and blowing up about it and bringing a pet-peeve into the discussion.
I LOVE Goh.

I don't understand why everybody is so hung up about his personality flaws or whatever. He's not perfect but its clear to me he is a genuinely well-meaning person with a caring heart.

At the very least he's more entertaining than Ash the cardboard cutout. Although I am not really a huge fan of the dub voice: it makes him sound like a teenager.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I don't understand why everybody is so hung up about his personality flaws or whatever.
He makes himself feel like a failure at times, when the truth he is far more successful than he thinks.

He cries too much over simple stuff.
He's not perfect.
He has Quick Ball genes and even said he was destined for greatness in the second episode. He wasn't wrong there.

He doesn't really believe in training his Pokemon to evolve. They do it without his input. With little effort shown.

And his first Pokemon achieved full evolution faster with not many battles than Ash's Charmander did...and the bunny actually listens to Goh despite that.
but its clear to me he is a genuinely well-meaning person with a caring heart.
So is every non-villain character/non-bully in the show. It's not something so commendable.
At the very least he's more entertaining than Ash the cardboard cutout.
It's a strange battle of who can be less tolerable than the other at this point: the UNBEATABLE cardboard cutout, or the Pokemon-catching wonder.
Although I am not really a huge fan of the dub voice: it makes him sound like a teenager.
Blame Lisa Ortiz, but then again, Xeno is an amazing voice actor.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I LOVE Goh.

I don't understand why everybody is so hung up about his personality flaws or whatever. He's not perfect but its clear to me he is a genuinely well-meaning person with a caring heart.

At the very least he's more entertaining than Ash the cardboard cutout. Although I am not really a huge fan of the dub voice: it makes him sound like a teenager.
Aside from Go’s catching goal being kind of meh in handling (conceptually it’s kind of hard to make a goal like this super engrossing without it feeling repetitive - things like Suicune are at least new and interesting or him evolving Strike or the Raid Battles but filler catches are bleh) Go is a good bean who brings good aura and energy to PM as a character and at least feels like some ambition was put into the character. I don’t really have a huge problem with Satoshi or Go this series aside from wanting more screentime and general worthwhile focus for their main teams.

I still don’t really understand what makes Koharu so popular around these parts aside from her filling the “girl” slot and her serving as a “gotcha” to throw shade at the boys’ writing TBH. Not that I dislike the character but the last focus episode with the Glacia was rather uninteresting for example IMO as were her focus in the first Hikari return but people eat it up. It seems like a girl character being cute showing rather normal levels of cute/sweet behavior charms people *shrugs* I still think I prefer her pre-Eevee. I go back and forth on likeness and feeling indifferent with the character but if her reception is largely positive that’s a good trend.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I still don’t really understand what makes Koharu so popular around these parts aside from her filling the “girl” slot and her serving as a “gotcha” to throw shade at the boys’ writing TBH. Not that I dislike the character but the last focus episode with the Glacia was rather uninteresting for example IMO as were her focus in the first Hikari return but people eat it up. It seems like a girl character being cute showing rather normal levels of cute/sweet behavior charms people *shrugs* I still think I prefer her pre-Eevee. I go back and forth on likeness and feeling indifferent with the character but if her reception is largely positive that’s a good trend.
People liked when Chloe wasn't given a job as an Eevee taxi driver. Nowadays, her episodes are kind of very predictable and don't really center much about herself.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
I hope someone will capture Galarian Corsola.
Well it looks like Ash is battling it, so there is less chance that Goh is catching it, though there was that poster with Alister and a Drifloon, Sinistea and Corsola, so all the ghosts in the magazine could just be his.
I agree that the Darkrai and Glaceon episodes didn't really do much for her, and Haruhi outshone her in the Johto episode. I actually enjoyed the Kikuna episode more for her. Ponyta episode was also good, or when Goh commandeered her house as bait, even though that wasn't a focus on her.

I think I enjoy her character more when she is a regular person with her family > trainer girl Koharu > > > > Eevee trainer girl Koharu.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I agree that the Darkrai and Glaceon episodes didn't really do much for her, and Haruhi outshone her in the Johto episode. I actually enjoyed the Kikuna episode more for her. Ponyta episode was also good, or when Goh commandeered her house as bait, even though that wasn't a focus on her.

I think I enjoy her character more when she is a regular person with her family > trainer girl Koharu > > > > Eevee trainer girl Koharu.
I agree, what made Koharu intially enjoyable was she was this girl who didn't want to seen as someone who just had to adore and obsessed with Pokemon because of her professor father being well known and finding out who she really was as a person. It was just her having her normal life while occasionally having moments with her adoring pet dog. Even the first Gengar episode showed that with Koharu having moment with her illustrator mother where she opens up about this issue on a normal human-level and that colliding with Satoshi/Go's wacky adventure trying to catch Gengar where they "crossover."

Now it feels like Koharu's character episodes and moments are meant to be fulfilling through Eevee's character and moments. Her Kikuna episode, her moments with Nyarths, the horse episode were pretty good. Haruhi episode was fun but it was more so about Haruhi's issues with Katsuki alongside Blacky/Eifie than her. Glacia/Darkrai were just fairly meh affairs more or less retreading what we already know about Koharu and the Glacia episode had more to do with Regina than Eevee realizing Glacia as a possibility for evolution. Darkrai episode didn't really add anything new except Koharu realizing she's actually pretty decent at understanding Pokemon [which Go pointed out and Sakuragi inspired a bit.]

Last edited:

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
Happy that at last allister is appearing here in this episode he will help ash in the gengar focus episode at last man poor gengar got his focus episodes so it will learn here to gigantamax

Status
Not open for further replies.