• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 24th: PM2019 092 - Gangar Does Its Best! The Road to Kyodaimax!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Maybe after it gets a G-max it will actually win........... or get out of its poke ball

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The problem with Gengar learning G-Max is the fact that it still gets screwed pretty badly for a mechanic that is impossible to replicate outside the region that the main character rarely goes to fight at. The major Galar fights must absolutely have it as a last (dead) man standing for it to have a chance to take all the glory for last, but we're too close to the finish line to insert more fights with Journeys' aimless structure.

Master Pikachu 11

Well it looks like Ash is battling it, so there is less chance that Goh is catching it, though there was that poster with Alister and a Drifloon, Sinistea and Corsola, so all the ghosts in the magazine could just be his.

I agree that the Darkrai and Glaceon episodes didn't really do much for her, and Haruhi outshone her in the Johto episode. I actually enjoyed the Kikuna episode more for her. Ponyta episode was also good, or when Goh commandeered her house as bait, even though that wasn't a focus on her.

I think I enjoy her character more when she is a regular person with her family > trainer girl Koharu > > > > Eevee trainer girl Koharu.
I could see Goh catch something in the train episode, I would be shocked if he didn’t.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Didn't we have a two-month hiatus 40 episodes ago? That would have made these episodes line up to Halloween.

Maybe, but that wouldn't explain the DP 2-parter being a month off..

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Here's a thought. They may have moved an episode or two back and forth to adjust said episodes.

Or even scarier, outright shitcanned them like the the stuff they wrote during BW.

The only reason they shitcanned those two BW episodes was because of the earthquake in Japan. There were scenes of a Liepard destroying buildings with its Hyper Beam and the writers thought it was a bit too soon. But they did end up reusing some of the animation from the scrapped episodes later on.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I don't know...I get the feeling it'll be a bunch of fights to the finish line like how SM became a lot more action packed in its third year...
SM had that excuse because it literally shoved ALL the classmates (and TRio of all people) into a requirement-less tourney, which dramatically increased its length. If you removed all their battles, the tourney would have been much shorter with just Ash (take also in mind that shoving so many people at once also made it so Ash fought 4 times (not counting Kukui), so less people would have reduced that by a half).

But it's just Ash alone and Journeys is allergic to showing full battles from other characters.

Locormus

The only reason they shitcanned those two BW episodes was because of the earthquake in Japan. There were scenes of a Liepard destroying buildings with its Hyper Beam and the writers thought it was a bit too soon. But they did end up reusing some of the animation from the scrapped episodes later on.

The Liepard wasn't even the biggest thing. What was shown in the trailer was Jessie using a giant laser in the Relic Castle in the Desert-area of Unova - and there appearing large blast radius across the surrounding rocky desertlands and immediate cracks in the terrain's surface.

That's the big thing they couldn't get away with showing. Too much, too soon. But in my opinion wrecked what could've been the best arc the show had to offer (until XYZ). To this day I still believe that Ash was supposed to catch Krokorok there and that Palpitoad was a last minute swap in for Ash's Ground-type as they couldn't just let Ash Krokorok without showing him getting it. This would also explain the complete and utter lack of focus on Palpitoad outside of a few key-matches.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
To this day I still believe that Ash was supposed to catch Krokorok there and that Palpitoad was a last minute swap in for Ash's Ground-type as they couldn't just let Ash Krokorok without showing him getting it. This would also explain the complete and utter lack of focus on Palpitoad outside of a few key-matches.
Pretty sure quite a few later episodes were already made by then, and the cancellation was straight up last minute, so changing something big like that (or Oshawott evolving, which is also a popular rumor) really couldn't have been done without massive editing changes at best.

Locormus

Pretty sure quite a few later episodes were already made by then, and the cancellation was straight up last minute, so changing something big like that (or Oshawott evolving, which is also a popular rumor) really couldn't have been done without massive editing changes at best.

Except that the timeframe isn't working against this speculation at all.

The earthquake/Tsunami happened on March 11th 2011.

The episode of Palpitoad's capture originally aired on May 19th 2011. I assume that they had the battle between Oshawott and Palpitoad already established and were only intending to hand Stunfisk to Cilan for comic relief purposes. The entire double capture came out of nowhere (zero merchandise for 'Ash's Palpitoad') and felt quite abrupt and even tagged on. Minimal editing would be needed, only adding a few shots to include the capture. The entire sequence regarding the capture is about half a minute long.

Coincidentally, Palpitoad's next appearance (a fight with Burgundy's Stoutland) would only be in July of that year.

So for the first appearance the editing time would be two months and for the second appearance (which would take longer to edit/rework) that would be four months.

Episodes usually had about a six month turn-around to bring to the screen from the ground up. Two months for half a minute sounds doable and four months for a relative short fight sequence also isn't undoable.

Heck, the entire Nimbasa GymBattle probably wasn't even fully into production yet as it aired in the last days of september a full six months after the event - aside from the basic idea of the story of the episode like Ash bringing his Ground-type as his big 'strategy' and Tynamo being a thing

Never heard about the Oshawott-evolving theory. Would make sense down the road since they also evolved Tepig and early on it seemed as if Oshawott and Tepig were going to get a parallel-treatment sort of deal (though granted, the show likes their bipedal pokémon a lot more then quadrupeds and that could easily be the sole reason why they evolved Tepig at all).

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Except that the timeframe isn't working against this speculation at all.

The earthquake/Tsunami happened on March 11th 2011.

The episode of Palpitoad's capture originally aired on May 19th 2011. I assume that they had the battle between Oshawott and Palpitoad already established and were only intending to hand Stunfisk to Cilan for comic relief purposes. The entire double capture came out of nowhere (zero merchandise for 'Ash's Palpitoad') and felt quite abrupt and even tagged on. Minimal editing would be needed, only adding a few shots to include the capture. The entire sequence regarding the capture is about half a minute long.

Coincidentally, Palpitoad's next appearance (a fight with Burgundy's Stoutland) would only be in July of that year.

So for the first appearance the editing time would be two months and for the second appearance (which would take longer to edit/rework) that would be four months.

Episodes usually had about a six month turn-around to bring to the screen from the ground up. Two months for half a minute sounds doable and four months for a relative short fight sequence also isn't undoable.

Heck, the entire Nimbasa GymBattle probably wasn't even fully into production yet as it aired in the last days of september a full six months after the event - aside from the basic idea of the story of the episode like Ash bringing his Ground-type as his big 'strategy' and Tynamo being a thing

Never heard about the Oshawott-evolving theory. Would make sense down the road since they also evolved Tepig and early on it seemed as if Oshawott and Tepig were going to get a parallel-treatment sort of deal (though granted, the show likes their bipedal pokémon a lot more then quadrupeds and that could easily be the sole reason why they evolved Tepig at all).
I'm not talking about Palpitoad's capture being thought of after this, I'm talking about Krokorok's capture being supposed to be here. I mean either Krokorok would've needed to not appear in any already produced episode after this or would've had to have gotten edited out

Locormus

I'm not talking about Palpitoad's capture being thought of after this, I'm talking about Krokorok's capture being supposed to be here. I mean either Krokorok would've needed to not appear in any already produced episode after this or would've had to have gotten edited out

Or simply rescheduled until they figured everything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.