• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 25th: Pocket Monsters Christmas Special: "Battling & Getting! Mewtwo Comes Back" (6:25-6:55pm)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
A Christmas special airing 30 minutes earlier than usual! This is the story of "Satoshi", a boy who wants to be the best at Pokémon battling, and "Go", a boy who dreams of getting every Pokémon.

Summary:
A Christmas special airing 30 minutes earlier than usual! Psychic energy thought to belong to Mew has been confirmed at Cello Island in the distant seas., so Satoshi and Go head there to investigate, filled with excitement. The two make their way through the harsh environment on the island with help from their Pokémon in search of Mew. And at the end of their adventure, they encounter... not Mew, but Mewtwo! A battle with Satoshi and Go's "dreams" at stake now begins!!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto. Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Aceburn
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Sakuragi
Koichi Yamadera: Mew
Rikako Aikawa: Caterpie
Yuji Ueda: Jugon
Inuko Inuyama: Wanpachi
Daisuke Namikawa: Lucario
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Special appearance by:
Masachika Ichimura: Mewtwo

ShadowForce720

A Christmas special airing 30 minutes earlier than usual! This is the story of "Satoshi", a boy who wants to be the best at Pokémon battling, and "Go", a boy who dreams of getting every Pokémon.

Summary:
A Christmas special airing 30 minutes earlier than usual! Psychic energy thought to belong to Mew has been confirmed at Cello Island in the distant seas., so Satoshi and Go head there to investigate, filled with excitement. The two make their way through the harsh environment on the island with help from their Pokémon in search of Mew. And at the end of their adventure, they encounter... not Mew, but Mewtwo! A battle with Satoshi and Go's "dreams" at stake now begins!!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto. Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Megumi Hayashibara: Aceburn
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Sakuragi
Koichi Yamadera: Mew
Rikako Aikawa: Caterpie
Yuji Ueda: Jugon
Inuko Inuyama: Wanpachi
Daisuke Namikawa: Lucario
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Special appearance by:
Masachika Ichimura: Mewtwo

So is this separate from the New Year special that we normally get?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So is this separate from the New Year special that we normally get?

Separate. This one's taking the place of the episode that would've normally aired this day, while the New Year's Special airs on an entirely different day and generally in the morning.

Is it just the same episode from two weeks back or will they be including something else, too?

Who knows. I'd assume we'll probably get some quick movie promo bits, but it's not like the summary says anything. It's a 30 minute special airing an episode that originally aired in a 30 minute timeslot, so there's no room for MUCH else.

D

Deleted member 384931

Since that ep re-introduces everyone it is easy to zir for new viewers. I find it weird tho

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Another reairing of a “reaffirming their goals” episode, reminds me when they did this with the Lugia episode before.

Well they did say they wanted the series to be easily accessible to anyone who just got into it. Between the inconsequential natures of the captures, PWC ranking system, etc. it would make sense. Especially if this is heading into Year 2 of PM.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
So we are repeating the episode that aired less than one month ago?

This is how they want to get people interested?

Well I least I hope they have some new preview.

BobbbidyBob

How christmacy XD So Mewtwo is supposed to be the equivalent of the Grinch?