1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

December 29th: PM2019 007: The Houen Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Satoshi and Go have entered a battle tournament in the Houen region. Will the two of them be able to achieve a lot there?!

Screenplay 赤尾でこ (Deko Akao)
    Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
    Episode Director 村田尚樹 (Naoki Murata)
    Animation Director 加藤祐子 (Yuko Kato)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019 at 9:11 PM
    KenzeyEevee likes this.
  2. Domok

Domok Well-Known Member

Ash is really gonna go the first ten episodes with only Pikachu, huh?

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  3. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

Return of lila !

4. i2i

i2i Big Bad Wolf

I'm confuse on why the twitter account didn't post this Episode long with the rest since it doesn't spoil anything in its title

5. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

So why the heck did the hold out on the title for so long? What was the point?

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  6. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Series-spanning thing or one-off event?

Guess it’s something like the little festival where Satoshi fought the Tower Tycoon in Sinnoh. Also the Battle Frontier is in Kanto in the anime not Hoenn..unless it’s the games Johto/Platinum frontier?

7. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

So Kanto, Galar, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh... that only leaves Unova, Kalos, and Alola now right?

Edit: This new series is really confusing. The focus is all over the place. The lack of consistency is kind of annoying honestly.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  8. kickachu

kickachu Momentai!

a tournament already? shouldn't they have some time to develop their Pokemon especially go's scorbunny it doesn't have much experience as pikachu and what you think the prize might be?

9. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I love the Battle Frontier reference and all but... it's in Kanto and Sinnoh in the anime. Not Johto and Hoenn

Also disappointed that this wasn't a capture episode..... please don't go past episode 10 without giving Ash something

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  10. i2i

i2i Big Bad Wolf

Maybe a Pokémon Egg or an evolutionary item

Ignition likes this.
  11. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

Ash without catching a single Pokémon in the first 10 episodes, heck, 5 episodes in, never happened before, I'm getting a bit of anxiety about this series now, like throw him a Rokidee in episode 4 or 5 at least...

12. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Exactly, I don't care if it takes awhile for his second capture to happen but for pete sakes. I don't want him to be stuck with only Pikachu for a long time, it's why the AU movies suck.

Just give him something

13. Rune Knight

Rune Knight Well-Known Member

Please please PLEASE give us continuity! I mean this has to be it right!? It's the Battle Frontier, Pokemon! Be the best you can be and you'll find your destiny...! It's our master plannnnnn! The power's in your hannndddd! Pokemon!

It's in the f**king name!!! How would they avoid continuity!? I mean they'd have to like really really really really really try. Please don't go through that bs.

14. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

If they don't mention the battle frontier at all that Ash competed in I'll be beyond pissed

RLC, _AISP, mysticalglacia and 6 others like this.
  15. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

This was the 7th episode?

Did they just not tell us because how boring it was?

I don't mean the episode in of itself but the title and summary being boring because at least the other episodes dealt with something far more specific that could be illustrated while this not the case.

16. pancakemonster

pancakemonster Sir please step away from the dog.

I guess we pin our hopes on a lowkey Rookidee capture during the Galar episodes.

17. Konja7

Konja7 Well-Known Member

How would they avoid continuity?

Well, they have started by putting Battle Frontier in Hoenn.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    Rune Knight and janejane6178 like this.
  18. Rune Knight

Rune Knight Well-Known Member

S***, I forgot about that!! They might not be the same BFs after all then!!!

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  19. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

So, either they moved the Frontier to its game location, or this is an anime-original version.

If it's a tournament, I guess we're doing the Dome?

Rune Knight likes this.
  20. Konja7

Konja7 Well-Known Member

Episode 4 doesn't have a illustration either (in fact, the twitter doesn't announce the title either). However, it is the episode where Scorbunny appear.

Maybe the tournament in Episode 7 will be important for this season.

Rune Knight likes this.