• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 29th: PM2019 007: The Houen Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
This was a shocking development. Not to mention how the Battle Frontier was spread out in Kanto to promote FRLG.

It's also interesting they're doing it 1v1 style since I don't think we're getting captures up until this point unless the writers have the audacity to use Ash's reserves which I doubt will happen. The only thing I'll expect to happen is Twitter throwing a fit over Serena not appearing.

Red and Blue

This was a shocking development. Not to mention how the Battle Frontier was spread out in Kanto to promote FRLG.

It's also interesting they're doing it 1v1 style since I don't think we're getting captures up until this point unless the writers have the audacity to use Ash's reserves which I doubt will happen. The only thing I'll expect to happen is Twitter throwing a fit over Serena not appearing.
Well we know Go is catching a bunch of Bugs in the previous episode. He could use one here

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Well we know Go is catching a bunch of Bugs in the previous episode. He could use one here
I don't tend to worry about Go when it comes to having Pokemon since his raison d'être is to literally catch everyone.

ShadowForce720

I don't tend to worry about Go when it comes to having Pokemon since his raison d'être is to literally catch everyone.

To be fair while it's true that a vast majority of the pokemon that Gou catches will be immediately sent to the lab it's also true that, that doesn't prevent him from having an actual core team that helps him capture other pokemon. So just because Gou goal is to catch every pokemon that doesn't mean that he won't have any pokemon on his team besides Scorbunny.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I suppose it's nice that the Battle Frontier has moved to Houen like in Emerald version, although I'm not too interested in seeing how well Satoshi will do there since this Battle Frontier subplot seems like a one-off thing. I hope we'll at least see Enishida.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I wonder if Ash will just use old Pokémon while Go catches an insane amount of Pokémon all the time that don’t mean much while he has a few main Pokémon. Or maybe he won’t have a main team except Scorbunny and he will be constantly switching up his team? So many questions with this series so far I’m excited to just see the episodes lol

nuzamaki90

The tournament could just be the Battle Tent which was never touched upon in the anime and could explain why this episode takes place in Hoenn

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I just can't begin to comprehend how this sort of series is gonna work for the minimum 3 years... 7 episodes in and we're holding a tournament where Ash's only known Pokemon is Pikachu. What type of lame *** tournament is this gonna be and why does it involve the Battle Frontier?

MartínK

Maybe Ash will use some of his older pokémon in this episode if the battles are 3vs3 and Gou will use Scorbunny and two bugs.

PD: This was the big secret? I don't understand why they didn't revealed early

Red and Blue

Wonder how long Ash and Go will last? At least if Pikachu loses it will be to a trainer and not a wild Pokemon

Rohanator

I assume this episode is mainly about introducing Go and Scorbunny to the concept of trainer battles and they just happened to use the Battle Frontier as the location cause it's a thing in a region they haven't made an episode about yet that is specifically about battling. It has nothing to do with continuity, and Ash doesn't need other Pokemon for it cause it's not a challenge for him but for Go, he'll just use Pikachu to show Go how cool battling is.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Battle Frontier? Probably the second batch (Gen. 4)...

They've already shown Ash's Frontier Symbols in Episode 2 so it's most likely not the first batch...

Or they should just used the Battle Maison...

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The tournament could just be the Battle Tent which was never touched upon in the anime and could explain why this episode takes place in Hoenn

Honestly, this would be the least offensive situation. But on the other side, the battle tents are training sites until you get to go to the real deal. Considering that Ash won the real deal.. that still feels lile a regression.

Revolver Furious Dragon

So they were hiding a lackluster tournament?

That makes zero sense.

Unless it introduces a new battle frontier that ash competes in this Saga.

Otherwise not expecting much except horribly rushed or completely slipped battles

Status
Not open for further replies.