• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 29th: PM2019 007: The Houen Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
As far as Frontier Brain appearances go, I hope that we'll at least see Lila since she was my favorite Frontier Brain in the anime. None of the others really interested me honestly, and I suppose that it's also likely that we might not see any of the Frontier Brains at all, which I'm fully prepared for.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Personally I don't want to see a frontier brain.

Either it's one of the previously introduced ones which I like all of them and wouldn't want to see them reappear somewhere where they would get little focus.

Or its one of the ones who haven't been seen yet in Which case id hate for them to get a rushed introduction

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ok so what was the point of hiding this episode again?

It's a long shot but maybe that has to do with SwSh having a Battle Tower?

Rohanator

I think it's most likely that this'll be the anime's version of the typical Battle facility experience from the games, just fighting a ton of trainers in a row, maybe changing the locations between matches and showcasing the actual maze parts of Battle Pike and Battle Pyramid, etc. All in a quick "day in the amusement park" style of course to fit everything into a single episode.

Gaorasoage

People are acting like this can’t be a way to promote the BF to trainers. It could literally be inspired by it to get more people to compete. I would love if the host is Scott tbh

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!

Because the ONLY good thing I ever saw about this traveling nonsense was the chance to see old characters again. Not only companions, but various NPCs like gym leaders, rivals, and Elite Four members (oh my!). Maybe even let some poor dopes out of the Not Animated Jail while they're at it.

So when I see "Hoenn" and "Battle Frontier" in the title, I can't help but think a Frontier Brain or two might appear. And if they aren't going to, they could've just as easily--VERY easily--not put "Battle Frontier" in the title to give people the wrong idea...

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I don't get what was the point of hidding this episode's title. However, I don't think this is what appears to be at all.

1º) It can't be the real Battle Frontier if it was in Kanto in the anime. The best choice, however, it could the Battle Pyramid alone. Remember, this construction can fly, and once it flew to Sinnoh to investigate the whole thing about Regigigas. Maybe it traveled to Hoenn and decided to make an special tournament or something.

2º) Maybe this "Battle Frontier" is actually a different name for the "Battle Maison" of Ruby Alpha and Sapphire Omega. That would have more sense.

Either way, I hope for Ash to bring some of his old Pokemon for this tournament, if he still didn't capture anything new.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
You better have some good cards you aren't showing, OLM...

It can't be the real Battle Frontier if it was in Kanto in the anime.

Why not? It's not like they care about cannon and continuity anyway (unless it suits them).

Besides, the BF saga did SO little with Kanto elements it may as well been it's own place anyway. Also, the BF was a hodge-podge of post-RS Gen 3 anyway. May as well have it in Hoenn where it belongs without the heavy hand of promotional interference this time.

Maybe this "Battle Frontier" is actually a different name for the "Battle Maison" of Ruby Alpha and Sapphire Omega. That would have more sense.

Eh...that could work too...

BlueDragonfangirl

HA What annoying troll move if they don't make one reference to the past D/P adventures with this. How the heck is Ash going to be in a tournament with only Pikachu? If he used some old Pokemon it'd make sense and be a way to make up for Ash not catching new Pokemon over the past few episodes, if not WTF?!

Thumbs2

I mean, we saw his frontier symbols already, so it's not like they didn't know about it. There are a lot of ways for a battle fronteir to be in Hoenn, anyway.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Oh right, I'd forgotten they placed Kalos' Battle Facility in ORAS.... it'd be alright if it's that.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I don't get what was the point of hidding this episode's title. However, I don't think this is what appears to be at all.

1º) It can't be the real Battle Frontier if it was in Kanto in the anime. The best choice, however, it could the Battle Pyramid alone. Remember, this construction can fly, and once it flew to Sinnoh to investigate the whole thing about Regigigas. Maybe it traveled to Hoenn and decided to make an special tournament or something.

2º) Maybe this "Battle Frontier" is actually a different name for the "Battle Maison" of Ruby Alpha and Sapphire Omega. That would have more sense.

Either way, I hope for Ash to bring some of his old Pokemon for this tournament, if he still didn't capture anything new.
I like the idea of having Battle Maison introduced here:)

I'm like 99% sure Ash will only use Pikachu.

We just had a Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur Episode and no sign of Ash Pikachu so I guess it clearly shows how Ash's Old Pokemon will be treated this saga...

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I like the idea of having Battle Maison introduced here:)

I'm like 99% sure Ash will only use Pikachu.

We just had a Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur Episode and no sign of Ash Pikachu so I guess it clearly shows how Ash's Old Pokemon will be treated this saga...

I'm disappointed by the Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur's episode too, but I wouldn't give up yet on Ash's old Pokemon yet. If Team Rocket's is going to use regularly powerful Pokemon from the HQ, Ash will have to bring back some of his most powerful too sooner or later. Pikachu is clearly powerful, but he's not unbeatable.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I’m expecting a cameo from at least Anabelle since she was robbed of an app.... I mean didn’t appear in SM in her re-design. She also to me personally was really interesting in the anime.

JoaquinLorie

Maybe Paul will appear in this episode? He said he was going to the battle frontier. Unless Paul is in another battle frontier.

Also i hope Ash uses any pokemon from Oak's lab, specially pokemon that can evolve. Would be cool so see him developing and evolving a pokemon, por example Bayleef.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Maybe Paul will appear in this episode? He said he was going to the battle frontier. Unless Paul is in another battle frontier.

Also i hope Ash uses any pokemon from Oak's lab, specially pokemon that can evolve. Would be cool so see him developing and evolving a pokemon, por example Bayleef.
If Paul is never seen again, it would still be too soon.

And Pokemon don't need to evolve to get developed. Bayleef is fine as she is. And there are certain Pokemon of Ash's I don't want to see evolve (Totodile and Gible have the best designs of their evolutionary lines).

Red and Blue

Imagine if Paul beat Brandon and became a Frontier Brain in Hoenn. That'd be something

Status
Not open for further replies.