• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 29th: PM2019 007: The Houen Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

"Ash is using Mimey because x"

"Actually you are incorrect that's not the reason, he's using it because y"

"I don't care"

uIlvBiG_d.jpg

Dude this is literally only the seventh episode. Slow down there. There might easily be other opportunities for a reserve to be used

the "I have a right to my opinion" card isn't a defense especially when I was correcting a false statement that you made about why Ash was using Mimey
If there are opportunities for the reserves to be used then I will welcome it with open arms but these are the same writers that have for the past two series XY and SM that have not used any of his reserves and yes they wanted to focus on his current gen teams, but some of us still want to see the reserves get used again in battles, there are also some Pokémon with the exception of Bulbasaur, Tauros, Totodile, Corphish and Muk that have not been even seen since Sinnoh.

What is me saying just because the writers don’t want to be bothered by bringing back a reserve have to do with a false statement in regards to Mimey. My point that I was trying to make is that Ash has all these Pokémon that he actually caught and owns and even though Mimey is popular because of Detective Pikachu that shouldn’t be the reason that he should use it in a battle. It is not his Pokémon, as Mimey belongs to his mother so why should Ash borrow his mother’s Mr. Mime instead of using a Pokémon like Charizard in a tournament. This is the same reason I didn’t want him to use his ride Garchomp in the Alola league because it’s not even his Pokémon. Just because a Pokémon is popular doesn’t mean that it battling should be the only way to showcase it. Plus allowing Mr. Mime to battle just gives the writers an excuse to not have Ash call Oak and use the Pokémon that are at the lab, but hey Mr. Mime is very popular right now so let’s use this as another reason to not let Ash use his reserves

Master Pikachu 11

At this point I just want this to be done and over with, hopefully Ash someday will remember the 40 or so reserves he has at Oak's lab, can't believe the last time we saw all of them was in that beautiful picture at the end of BW, 6 years ago...
And sad thing about that was that it was a picture when they could have easily done what they did before Ash went to do the battle frontier and have Ash’s new Pokémon interact with the old Pokémon. That was one of my favorite Hoenn episodes back then

Leonhart

Imagineer
Dephender said:
Can I just point out that one BIG part of why they're using Barrierd here, and presumably why they gave it an increased role in PM2019, is because Detective Pikachu gave it a huge boost in popularity. This isn't some wacky out-of-nowhere thing done as a gag, this little guy is genuinely a pretty popular Pokemon at the moment.

I can understand why they'd want to showcase Barrierd so often then in this case. I was surprised by his new role as Satoshi's caretaker in this saga from the start, but I never questioned why it was done because I just assumed that the writers were trying something new. Barrierd's newfound popularity makes sense, though.

Red and Blue

Well tomorrow will certainly be interesting. Both what happens in the episode and how fans will react

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
No you took that out of context. You said he should get the Galarian form *instead of the original*. That's what he was responding to. He wasn't saying Galarian Mr. Mime doesn't deserve attention lol
Then in that case, I also said in the same post, that maybe Ash using Mimey foreshadows that Ash will get Galarian Mr. Mime in future, because it's the new Pokemon that promotes the SwSh games and will get the benefit of the popularity of Kantoan Mr. Mime, and that makes more sense than Ash using Mimey!

Leonhart

Imagineer
Red and Blue said:
Well tomorrow will certainly be interesting. Both what happens in the episode and how fans will react

Well given how we already know that Satoshi's using Barrierd [and almost everyone here who will watch the episode in a few hours have already been spoiled about that and have vented their frustrations], I guess it all comes down to whether Barrierd will win the battle for Satoshi, but even the result of that fight feels meager already since there aren't high stakes involved here.

Status
Not open for further replies.