• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 29th: PM2019 007: The Houen Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I like that this became a thread about the ethics of Paul’s character lol

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I like that this became a thread about the ethics of Paul’s character lol
That was basically inevitable considering I'm on here and someone made the rookie mistake of complimenting him within my earshot.

TheWanderingMist

Ash beat one freshly caught, barely trained Regice and three jobbers. Paul was up against three fully trained Regis. It's not comparable at all
While you're wrong about the jobbers and right about Regice, that actually doesn't matter at all. Even if Brandon had had all 3 Regis during Ash's 3rd battle with him and had fully trained them to their full potential, by the rules of the plot at the time (because XY broke this rule), Ash still would've won, due to it being his 3rd battle with the same Trainer.

And none of this changes the fact that Paul shouldn't be strong in the first place.

TheWanderingMist

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
After all this talk about Paul it would be hilarious if he was actually in Hoenn and became rivals with Ash once more

I'd love for Paul to come back more than anything.
I'd happily never see a companion again, well except Brock and Dawn, just to get one episode with him!

TheWanderingMist

I used to be just not sane enough, not sane enough for you people. But now, NOW I'm not sane at all!
After all this talk about Paul it would be hilarious if he was actually in Hoenn and became rivals with Ash once more
I see you want more of my tormented and anguished ranting.
I'd love for Paul to come back more than anything.
I'd happily never see a companion again, well except Brock and Dawn, just to get one episode with him!
I'd delete Froslass, Dusknoir, and Snom as Pokemon if it meant never seeing him or anyone like him ever again.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I used to be just not sane enough, not sane enough for you people. But now, NOW I'm not sane at all!

I see you want more of my tormented and anguished ranting.

I'd delete Froslass, Dusknoir, and Snom as Pokemon if it meant never seeing him or anyone like him ever again.
Use your authority as the biggest DP fan on sppf!

Sham

The Guardian of War
To be honest I never expected the entire Pokémon community to call out Paul’s actions considering nobody does that in real life. It’s the “don’t tell me how to parent my child” syndrome. Nobody was around Paul 25/8 to see how he treats his Pokémon (only Ash and co comes close) so nobody could actually condemn him and even if they did... what could they do besides talk to him? He wasn’t causing immediate danger all the time to his Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.