• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 29th: PM2019 007: The Houen Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

They have already showed Mr. Mime in Episode 7's PV. In my opinion, the chance of Mr. Mime being the secret Pokemon is low because of its appearance in the preview.
Not necessarily. Mimey could still be considered unexpected due to the fact that no one would expect it to battle

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Mr. Mime being in the VA of the episode could have suggested his use in the battle, had we not got the preview. His role could only be limited to what we saw in the preview.

As for Ash's 'a certain pokemon', ai don't think it could be just any reserve! By the wording of the summary, it doesn't seem like any of the Pokemon Ash had Oak'ed. Either it's one of the reserves that is currently not with Prof. Oak, whose chances of appearance has been low, or my best guess would be Pidgeot, because of the shot we got in the last episode. It simply wasn't a random shot, it had different vibe than random appearance of any pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Rock Captain 99 said:
Mr. Mime being in the VA of the episode could have suggested his use in the battle, had we not got the preview. His role could only be limited to what we saw in the preview.

Given the fact that the preview still didn't spoil which Pokemon Satoshi will use in the decisive battle, I still think it's fair game that Barrierd might be the mystery Pokemon and that his involvement in the battle was simply avoided in the preview to keep fans in suspense for another week.

Last edited:

BabaVanga

I don't get why people are so opposed to Ash using/catching Mimey in this episode. It'd give Ash both Psychic- and Fairy-type Pokemon at the same time, and I can't think of many Psychic or Fairy Pokemon that'd fit Ash more, if there are any. Who knows, maybe he'd form a rivalry with his ugly Galarian cousin as the series progresses.

I don't see how Ash catching a Galar Pokemon in Kanto offscreen would be any better, especially that he just came back from there without a capture.

I hope the mystery Pokemon will be his Pidgeot, he's long overdue for a come back but I'll happily take Mimey (as long as Ash catches it) or any other reserve. At this point, new capture would be a bad writing.

D

Deleted member 384931

You know, Ash is a Champion and a Champion usely only use his ace (Pikachu)

World Turtle

I think for me the question is what leads to Ash using Mimey since it is his mother's pokemon and more of a family butler then a battler. What gives him the idea to use it over the 40-50 other Pokemon he has?

...Wait I know the Delinquent insults Ash's Mom in ear shot of Mimey and he's like "Oh no you didn't." and offers to help Ash for this tournament on behalf of Delia's good name.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I mean Blipbug/Rookidee are only Galar Pokémon to us because that’s when we were introduced to them out of universe. Nothing says they’re solely native to Galar. As seen when Ash goes through Kanto again in AG and met several Gen 2,3, & even 4 Pokémon, it wouldn’t be too unrealistic to see Gen 8 Pokémon there. Not saying I think the mystery Pokémon is one of those 2 but it is a food for thought.

Master Pikachu 11

I don't get why people are so opposed to Ash using/catching Mimey in this episode. It'd give Ash both Psychic- and Fairy-type Pokemon at the same time, and I can't think of many Psychic or Fairy Pokemon that'd fit Ash more, if there are any. Who knows, maybe he'd form a rivalry with his ugly Galarian cousin as the series progresses.

I don't see how Ash catching a Galar Pokemon in Kanto offscreen would be any better, especially that he just came back from there without a capture.

I hope the mystery Pokemon will be his Pidgeot, he's long overdue for a come back but I'll happily take Mimey (as long as Ash catches it) or any other reserve. At this point, new capture would be a bad writing.
Because Ash is not going to catch his Mother’s Mr. Mime, why would Delia decide to give Ash a pokemon that has been with her since the very beginning of Ash’s journey after all his travels. If you want Ash to get a Mr.Mime then he should catch the galar version in galar which is the only one that can evolve into Mr. Ryme and if you want Delia’s to interact with the Galarian version then Ash should just catch the Galarian version. Mr. Mime being used would be a temporary thing that he would only use it because it is with him instead of the Oak mon that are only a car drive away it’s not like he is on the other side of the world to where he can’t access his pokemon and it focuses on all pokemon so why not use pokemon that he already owns.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
My personal preference tier list for who Ash might use:

1. Baby Yoda.
2. Pidgeot.
3. An A-Class reserve; for me something like Sceptile.
4. A B-Class reserve; for me something like Palpitoad.
5. Off-screen capture.
6. Freaking Mimey.
7. One of Go's pokemon.

Personally, I have nothing against Mimey as a pokemon or as a character. What I'm against is the idea that Ash will use it in the stead of a golden opportunity to bring back one of his already developed pokemon.
. He’s definitely gonna use baby’s Yoda I would be down for that.

Red and Blue

Wonder what the prize will be for winning the tournament? Maybe Ash will get a Poke Egg

Leonhart

Imagineer
World Turtle said:
I think for me the question is what leads to Ash using Mimey since it is his mother's pokemon and more of a family butler then a battler. What gives him the idea to use it over the 40-50 other Pokemon he has?

Maybe Barrierd goes with Satoshi to Houen and when Satoshi finds out about the tournament he decides to simply use Barrierd as his back-up Pokemon. For all we know maybe he can't contact Okido-hakase's lab during the tournament.

kickachu

Momentai!
Maybe Barrierd goes with Satoshi to Houen and when Satoshi finds out about the tournament he decides to simply use Barrierd as his back-up Pokemon. For all we know maybe he can't contact Okido-hakase's lab during the tournament.
there is one problem mr mime has no battle experince besides that battle with cassidy and butch. plus it doesn't know fairy moves

Leonhart

Imagineer
kickachu said:
there is one problem mr mime has no battle experince besides that battle with cassidy and butch. plus it doesn't know fairy moves

The lack of battling experience bit I can understand, but it's possible that Barrierd learned Fairy-type moves off-screen on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.