• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 29th: PM2019 007: The Houen Region, Site of Fierce Fights! The Battle Frontier Challenge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

I have the biggest grin on my face right now :D.

It's actually Mimey, oh my God

Leonhart

Imagineer
Remix2 said:
Man between this and koharu not going with the boy on the bug catching these writers don’t know what a good opportunity is even when it right in front of them.

As cynical as this might sound, I'm glad that things turned out this way with regards to Barrierd. Hopefully now it'll become more apparent to others that the writers are more likely to take the easy way out instead of them going to extreme lengths to bring back a reserve Pokemon or a released Pokemon like Pigeot, which is oddly what a lot of people truly thought would happen here.

Red and Blue

Now all that's left to do is what to see if Mimey becomes an official member of Ash's team after this. Might as well at this point

Red and Blue

Dephender did they actually show Ash commanding Mimey? Or throwing it out of a Poke Ball

That'd be really weird. I don't really know if this actually puts to rest the fact Ash can get any Pokemon that's not from his reserves or don't promote Gen VIII.

The only reason I can think of Mr. Mime being around is to set up a gag with its Galarian cousin.
I dont really think it's that weird considering the premise of the new series. We've already speculated for a while about Ash catching Pokemon from older regions

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Until they show Mr. Mime standing next to Ash in that tournament, there's still a chance it's Pidgeot/an old reserve. o_O

1% chance, but chance nonetheless

Red and Blue

So this must be how Ignition felt when Torracat evolved despite so many doubters(including myself at the time)
Dephender doesn't lie about this.

And it's him. Not some alt impersonating him.

You can Dephend-er on his word.

That has yet to happen now, doesn't it. It's not weird for Go because of his goal, but it's weird from Ash for now.

Well from the looks of it it is indeed happening ;)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
You know what's weird. That in SM one of the endings has Ash use the Psychic Z-Move poses with Mimey but it may not be until now that he commands him in battle.

Now, since Mr. Mime is his mom's, we can't really count him as Ash's first Psychic and Fairy types right?

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Well the writers not letting Ash have a new pokémon to the point he needs to use Mimey sure must mean something is going to happen
Don't forget, we still don't know what's in Ash's backpack and what his "certain encounter" is. If it's episode 9 Ho-oh, it didn't happen yet

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
So this must be how Ignition felt when Torracat evolved despite so many doubters(including myself at the time)
Lol I remember waking up that day ready to login on here to have people mock me for believing this just for Dragalge to tell me it actually happened against all odds. Certainly was a good feeling after nearly a year of doubts. Welcome to that feeling :p

Red and Blue

You know what's weird. That in SM one of the endings has Ash use the Psychic Z-Move poses with Mimey but it may not be until now that he commands him in battle.

Now, since Mr. Mime is his mom's, we can't really count him as Ash's first Psychic and Fairy types right?
If Ash catches him in a ball I'd say that counts. We don't even know if Delia ever officially caught it. It could be like Kukui and Rockruff

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
If Ash catches him in a ball I'd say that counts. We don't even know if Delia ever officially caught it. It could be like Kukui and Rockruff

That is true too. I guess it does make sense. Also to be fair, we haven't gotten too many Ash and Mimey bonding scenes at all. They have just somewhat acknowledged each other and that's it.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
If they wanted Pidgeot to be used again I’d rather have an episode entirely dedicated to it then just being thrown into this battle out of nowhere.

Still isn’t as bad as Ash using Mimey but I don’t think the other way around would have been much better, at least to me haha

My birthday wish came true because it’s the 27th in Japan! Bwahaha!

Red and Blue

So I'm guessing during the Yoga session Mimey might gain a sudden interest in battles and request to be Ash's second Pokemon in the tournament.

UnovaMaster

Mr. Mime's yoga gag is probably the only reason it got featured

Mime vs. Hariyama would be a weird battle

Not to mention Mime would just be traveling with Go/Ash outside of a ball

I really don't think it makes sense as a surprise lead-up

Status
Not open for further replies.