• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 2nd: PM2019 134 - The Future I Seize!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Professor What's His Face is probably evil and Goh will relinquish his chance to catch Mew to free it from Professor Poacher's grasp. It is possible that Quillon and Danika become the new leaders of Project Mew after Professor Evil is exposed and Goh decides to meet up with them later and be an official member, meanwhile Gary leaves for Paldea and Horace decides to search for Celebi on his own.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
A bit of a rant coming....

But I'm legit so disappointed and mad that Project Mew seems to be getting only 2 episodes. Goh gets only 2 episode for his final narrative arc meanwhile Ash gets 4 episodes PER SEGMENT for HIS final arc???? Wtf man, and they were supposed to be co-protagonists!!! Goh should have gotten atleast 4 for Project Mew
This always freaking happens. Ash, as much as I love him, ALWAYS ends up overshadowing every other companion greatly to their narrative expense. Literally this entire year has been Ash related only, and same with the second half of the second year. Remember when people threw a fit Goh got a lot of focus to himself during the second half of first year and first half of second year? BS
Honestly I hate those Ash fans who constantly start whining whenever Ash is sidelined to give NEEDED and NECESSARY focus to his companions. Heck Goh was supposed to be a CO-Protagonist. Its just sad how badly he's been shafted in the final year
I'm not saying Ash shouldn't have gotten all those episodes, just Project Mew should have gotten more too. Esp because Project Mew is probably my fav aspect of JN and their BEST original identity part as well, trial missions were such a fun concept and I'm sad to see the incredible character writing and setup done with the Project Mew members and their camaraderie not get enough time to shine and fizzle out in two episodes. Hope two episodes are paced properly to still be satisfying enough, here's hoping

Love Project Mew, Love Goh, NEED this ending to be satisfying. Will love if the next episode causing such a storm is another PM continuation, we need more episodes for Project Mew, atleast 4, cmon

Also, I think it's a blessing in disguise that Goh haters stay away from anything that has to do with him. The first page of this thread was genuinely fun to read and reminded me of the pre JN explosion Serebii days, ofc that got ruined in the second page itself lmao.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
You don't have to rant, I'm Glad I Got to Meet You! definitely has nothing to do with Ash, as Goh's encounter w/Mew is the only reasonable thing that title could be, and I'd say December 16th is probably part 4 of the arc just like the extra Leon title was hidden for awhile
I would believe that if @Dephender didn't point out how next episode is purposely written to be a reference to the OS

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
If you ask me Goh got more than he deserved during JN, and this including the fact that whoevers in charge, thought his segment should be the closer

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Transitional period, I know it's not Goh's technical first episode, but it is the part where his adventure really starts, meeting his "Ho-Oh"

This arc will literally be the first time Ash is absent two episodes in a row (even if he gets a small cameo in JN133)

Could be wrong but in 25 years there'll be a Mewster's 8 Tournament to decide who catches Mew
Feels like Copium to me honestly

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Transitional period, I know it's not Goh's technical first episode, but it is the part where his adventure really starts, meeting his "Ho-Oh"

This arc will literally be the first time Ash is absent two episodes in a row (even if he gets a small cameo in JN133)

Could be wrong but in 25 years there'll be a Mewster's 8 Tournament to decide who catches Mew
Okay are you a troll?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Lol just because the last line was a joke doesn't invalidate the baton pass going on here

But yes Goh's goal is about to evolve once he learns whatever he needs to learn from Mew
If they do plan to end Ash's journey, I do think yes Goh was potentially considered to be the next MC briefly during the first year, but that changed after his reception. While I hate he got a bad reception I think it's a blessing in disguise as I didn't want him to be stuck in a 25 year purgatory like Ash, considering his development in JN. I like him growing and I liked his arcs in JN and think Project Mew could be a perfect culminating point of them (if only it was 4 episodes). Having him continue could lead to him getting stagnant as opposed to his nice arc in JN ending with a nice bowtie
If anything, I'd like Chloe from JN to be the new protagonist who decides to get into battling, I think that can be fun. Or a new MC entirely

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Lol just because the last line was a joke doesn't invalidate the baton pass going on here

But yes Goh's goal is about to evolve once he learns whatever he needs to learn from Mew

Where is my like?

Give it to me before in some days they destroy your hopes of Go continuing it.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
If they do plan to end Ash's journey, I do think yes Goh was potentially considered to be the next MC briefly during the first year, but that changed after his reception. While I hate he got a bad reception I think it's a blessing in disguise as I didn't want him to be stuck in a 25 year purgatory like Ash, considering his development in JN. I like him growing and I liked his arcs in JN and think Project Mew could be a perfect culminating point of them (if only it was 4 episodes). Having him continue could lead to him getting stagnant as opposed to his nice arc in JN ending with a nice bowtie
If anything, I'd like Chloe from JN to be the new protagonist who decides to get into battling, I think that can be fun. Or a new MC entirely
I feel like the people that hate Goh sort of miss the point with his character. He's SUPPOSED to be flawed... he's literally a 10-year-old boy FFS, have none of you met a 10-year-old boy in the flesh? They are generally a bit immature. Goh actually has more empathy and better critical thinking skills than a lot of real-world 10-year-olds if I'm being honest.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I feel like the people that hate Goh sort of miss the point with his character. He's SUPPOSED to be flawed... he's literally a 10-year-old boy FFS, have none of you met a 10-year-old boy in the flesh? They are generally a bit immature. Goh actually has more empathy and better critical thinking skills than a lot of real-world 10-year-olds if I'm being honest.
Yeah it's always hilarious to see them miss the point. They complain about Goh being "too perfect" then attack him for his character flaws, which are basically the whole point of his story

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Dang it, every time I read this thread's title, my brain completes it with "Thanks to science!".

Guy100

If this is actually the end of the Project Mew arc, then I'm assuming Goh fails to catch Mew.

I've said this before, but the fact that the Project Mew story isn't being hyped up nor acknowledged enough through promotion like the Masters 8, tells me this kid (Goh) wont be fulfilling that promise to Ash. If so, I wont be too disappointed at it, since alot of focus of journey's centered on the masters 8 tournament up into the show's near finale.

Also, from watching many fans reactions towards Ash's win, it seem not many fans seem to care about Goh's adventure, which is bad from a marketing perspective.

I'm just curious how this whole arc will play out. My guess is that once Mew is encountered it will probably rescue the project mew team from some eminent danger, and then Goh will probably attempt to challenge it to a battle.

Seeing how Goh has never battled Mew before, I dont expect him to over whelm it. After all, Mew is by far one of the most clever pokemon.

If Goh fails, I would expect a scenario where he battles Mew with difficulty, and seemingly gains the upper hand which he then throws his pokeball and supposedly catches it, only to later find out that the pokemon he caught was a Ditto, in which Mew switched places with during his battle with Goh in order to trick him, enabling Mew to make its escape.

TheWanderingMist

Also, from watching many fans reactions towards Ash's win, it seem not many fans seem to care about Goh's adventure, which is bad from a marketing perspective.
Ash has 25 years of history behind him. Goh has 3. Ash is part of the public consciousness in a way that Goh can never hope to achieve because nothing like the 90s Pokemon craze is ever going to happen again.

TheWanderingMist

2016 happened!
IIf we compare them as runners in the 100m dash, 2016 would only be at the 30m mark by the time the 90s had completed the race. Which is better than most years, which would have barely made it past the starting line.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
IIf we compare them as runners in the 100m dash, 2016 would only be at the 30m mark by the time the 90s had completed the race. Which is better than most years, which would have barely made it past the starting line.
fair enough, the Go hype was pretty brief all things considered, but during that brief time it was absolutely insane (I know it has more players nowadays, but I mean the hype/cultural impact, not playerbase)

Status
Not open for further replies.