1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

December 2nd: SM99 - Where is Eievui Going? To the End of the World for the Sake of a Meeting!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Nov 7, 2018.

1. KenzeyEevee

KenzeyEevee The Realistic male Eevee

Where does that Eevee come from? Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos?

2. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

We don’t know. It could come from anywhere. I don’t think there’s a need from the anime to tell us where Eevee came from.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  3. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Pikachu is stronger than Ash-Greninja.

Kanto, probably, because of LGPE. Unlikely to come from region 8.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  4. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Alola? Why would it be from another region? Its not like Eevee aren't native to this region.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  5. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I don't see why that's really important, if it's from a specific region then chances are it is gen 8.

6. Lord Starfish

Lord Starfish Well-Known Member

He will go in with a team that isn't fully evolved. The fact that they've given Gaogaen and Fukuthrow to other major characters already makes it highly unlikely that Satoshi will be getting either of those. (Of course, speaking entirely from my own personal bias here, I'm very much okay with Mokuroh staying a Mokuroh forever. He's far too cute to evolve, dammit!) Though yeah, whatever his last two teammates are, it would be nice if they either reach their final stage, or are Pokémon that just flat-out don't evolve to begin with. Having Lugarugan be his only fully evolved Pokémon would be kinda lame...

'Course, what they could do is actually give him Solgaleo, but that might be a bit much...

7. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

I hope it goes to Ash, just bc Eevee has become the second mascot of the series so he should be owned by the protagonist at this point.

But yeah, i doubt Eevee will evolve. Tbh, i think this team would still be one of the weakest he had even if Ash caught and evolved another pkmn.

Spider-Phoenix and KenzeyEevee like this.
  8. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Evolution is cheap anyway. There's been tons of dead weight fully evolved Pokemon while Ash's signature has made a reputation out of being an unevolved Pokemon that still aces gym/league battles.

They've bothered to show that Rowlet can still be competent when put into battle, even if we've only had a couple brief checks to this since Akala.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  9. KenzeyEevee

I
    yeah, even is BW time had more powerfull pokémon at this point

Kawaii Emolga and Xuxuba like this.
  10. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

If you are talking about Pikachu, technically he is an evolved Pokémon. Only thing is that he didn't finish his evolution lol

11. DatsRight

True, but there's also Squirtle and Bulbasaur to consider as well.

12. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Well-Known Member

and gible

13. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that some of Ash's strongest pokemon are ones that have fully evolved like for instance Charizard, Sceptile, Snorlax, and Infernape to name a few. Plus you say that there are tons of fully evolved pokemon are dead weight but let's not pretend like all the pokemon that are aren't fully evolved aren't dead weight as well when some of them are actually dead weight , heck if you look at Snivy, Scraggy, Totodile, and Oshawott they really weren't that strong.

Plus as for Squirtle and Bulbasaur the reason why those 2 are so strong is because they've been through more then one region and have some training, but even still when you compare them to Charizard, Charizard is still likely stronger them then and while yes Charizard has been in many battles and has had training at the Charsefic Valley, if you really look at it the main reason why it's ahead of Bulbasaur and Squirtle is mainly because of the fact that it is a fully evolved pokemon while the other 2 aren't and if they other 2 did ever fully evolve then they would likely be closer to Charizard in terms of power, with them maybe even being stronger then Charizard.

I know some people like to try to downplay evolution and try to make it sound like pokemon that didn't fully evolve are superior to ones that did when that's not really the case. I mean heck if you look at the pokemon that tends to wind up being Ash's ace for the region it tends to be a fully evolved pokemon or a pokemon that is considered a evolved pokemon or maybe a pokemon that is a standalone that is considered to be on par with a evolved pokemon.

14. Dragalge

Dragalge Boltrom

Lycanroc -> every BW Pokemon par Krookodile and even then he’ll probably be ahead of the reptile in the end of SM.

(And don’t bring up Krookodile beating Sawk because Leavanny did most of the work)

15. Red and Blue

If Ash catches Eevee a rivalry with Ilima's could help motivate it to become stronger

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  16. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris Hee hee...

It's so sad the trainer himself is not enough motivation to get stronger.

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  17. DatsRight

At the end of the day evolving only matters to a Pokemon's power when the writers want it to. A Pokemon gets good power displays when it's convenient to the story. It works the same as any character in the story, there is no stipulation that automatically makes them developed, the writers have to care, and it's pretty much 50/50 whether that's evolved or unevolved Pokemon.

18. Red and Blue

Look on the bright side. Ash's Eevee sees how strong an unevolved Eevee can be therefore refuses to evolve like Pikachu.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  19. KenzeyEevee

Isnt it ironic to not evolve the "Evolution pokémon"?

DuquÊ? and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  20. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

I think it’s more about how many evolutions Eevee has. I don’t think there’s a clear link that’s established between Eevee as the ‘Evolution Pokémon’ and it actually evolving.

KenzeyEevee likes this.