• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 31: New Year's Specials 5:40 AM-8:25 AM (w/ preview of upcoming episodes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardonX

Banned
Battle wise, TRio are very good lol. Remember who kicked Pikachu's tiny bottom until Froakie popped up? =P

Beginning of region Pikachu. And pikachu never fainted and only got knocked around.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Battle wise, TRio are very good lol. Remember who kicked Pikachu's tiny bottom until Froakie popped up? =P
You mean having the most broken Pokemon in the anime means TR is good? In the games Wobbuffet still takes damage; the anime says screw that, Wobbuffet is invincible against any non legendary Pokemon when hit with a damaging attack. Let's also not forget Pikachu was battling Bunnelby and that Froakie was the one to go down, not Pikachu.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
You mean having the most broken Pokemon in the anime means TR is good? In the games Wobbuffet still takes damage; the anime says screw that, Wobbuffet is invincible against any non legendary Pokemon when hit with a damaging attack.

In the anime, users of Mirror Coat still take damage themselves, remember May's Glaceon?

Sephora

yes I'm back
In the anime, users of Mirror Coat still take damage themselves, remember May's Glaceon?

May's Glaceon never took damage with Mirror Coat. The first time it used it, the Whirlpool Piplup directed at it was sent back without hurting Glaceon. It is only near the end of the battle where Glaceon was hit and that was because it was weak from battling and couldn't execute a perfect Mirror Coat. In the anime, users of Mirror Coat don't seem to take any damage from it for some reason (like Wobbuffet).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It may look cute/weak but Dedenne did well against Inkay. James's Inkay is pretty good (good enough to beat Officer Jenny's Manetric), so by extension Dedenne should be good enough to put Ash in a soup when used by Clemont.

Regardless, I don't think Dedenne will really do much in the Pichu episode to be honest. The whole thing seems to be a comical, entertaining episode and I think the whole Dedenne/Pichu mix up will just be played for laughs and I could only see Dedenne battling Team Rocket in that episode if they show up at the end. Not that that counts for much in my opinion; I don't think Dedenne beating Inkay, Pumpkaboo, and/or Wobbuffet would make him a good battler. I just don't think wins against Team Rocket are impressive.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Never has it appeared that Wobbuffet has taken damage... In fact, can't even remember a time I've seen it faint in an actual battle

Whenever Wobbuffet got overpowered by an attack, I always took it as the attack was too much to handle and fire back. There's been times where it tried to use Counter/Mirror Coat and it failed

dman_dustin

Whenever Wobbuffet got overpowered by an attack, I always took it as the attack was too much to handle and fire back. There's been times where it tried to use Counter/Mirror Coat and it failed

That's only because it was a result of either using the wrong move OR it wasn't an actual Pokemon move to be countered by counter/mirror coat.

Joltik-Kid

That's only because it was a result of either using the wrong move OR it wasn't an actual Pokemon move to be countered by counter/mirror coat.
Wrong move seems like PIS because back in the day Jessie only ever called for Counter yet somehow Wobbeffet managed to reflect special attacks either meaning the writers/animators had no clue or Wobbeffet knew to use Mirror Coat the entire time.

dman_dustin

Wrong move seems like PIS because back in the day Jessie only ever called for Counter yet somehow Wobbeffet managed to reflect special attacks either meaning the writers/animators had no clue or Wobbeffet knew to use Mirror Coat the entire time.

Actually I think, wrong move, can be explained by Wobbuffet NOT knowing which move to use to counter some move. Maybe out of sheer confusion.

As for the "Counter" example as you mention, I think it was maybe Wobbuffet knows which moves to use and therefore used mirror coat instead of counter for the desired effect.

But otherwise I think it was Wobbuffet itself wasn't sure what move to use to "counter" and it failed because it chose wrong, at least that was my interpretation.

Joltik-Kid

Actually I think, wrong move, can be explained by Wobbuffet NOT knowing which move to use to counter some move. Maybe out of sheer confusion.

As for the "Counter" example as you mention, I think it was maybe Wobbuffet knows which moves to use and therefore used mirror coat instead of counter for the desired effect.

But otherwise I think it was Wobbuffet itself wasn't sure what move to use to "counter" and it failed because it chose wrong, at least that was my interpretation.
I suppose the only time Wobbuffet ever got confused was when Jessie learned there were two different counters and after not remembering which one works on what, Wobbuffet wasn't sure either. I mean that's the only time I can remember

LizardonX

Banned
They work when the plot wants it to and fails when it doesn't.

And froakie's foam is the equivalent of an accurate OHKO move in the anime so its not fair to use it to shade wobbufett. If it actually uses shadow tag and intelligently countered moves TR would be unstoppable.

Rohanator

It was explained in the episode where the Ditto trainer Duplica from Kanto re-appeared that Wobbuffet has been using Mirror Coat on its own despite Jessie not even knowing of the move's existence. Since then she has just let Wobbuffet do as it sees best, and this has continued on to XY where she only ever says "Go" or "I'm counting on you" or "Could you please" ect instead of calling out attacks.

dman_dustin

They work when the plot wants it to and fails when it doesn't.

And froakie's foam is the equivalent of an accurate OHKO move in the anime so its not fair to use it to shade wobbufett. If it actually uses shadow tag and intelligently countered moves TR would be unstoppable.

And yet Sushi who speaks Japanese, CLEARLY said that Froakie DID NOT knockout Magnemite and Magneton. And it's not a matter of what YOU believe, it was said in the EPISODE they weren't knocked out.

In this case FACT > Opinion

Sephora

yes I'm back
And froakie's foam is the equivalent of an accurate OHKO move in the anime

But it's not. Froakie's frubble doesn't OHKO an opponent but rather immobilizes them. Never once has a pokemon fainted by only Froakie's frubble so I don't see how it's "not fair" to use it.

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
But it's not. Froakie's frubble doesn't OHKO an opponent but rather immobilizes them. Never once has a pokemon fainted by only Froakie's frubble so I don't see how it's "not fair" to use it.
It is like freeze status in RBY. Sure, you technically aren't KO'd, but you are unable to do anything, so you might as well be.

Status
Not open for further replies.