• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 3rd: PM2019 089 - Winter Special #1! Dialga & Palkia! The Space-time Cataclysm!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

As always, there’s an even mixture of excitement and whining between people on this forum. Personally, I’m really looking forward to what these episodes have to offer - it’s infinitely better than having nothing at all.
My expectations are low, knowing JN. Still havent forgotten Cresselia and DARKRAI

it’s infinitely better than having nothing at all.
This line of argument justifies literally anything? What does " better " even mean? That it's more than nothing?

D

Deleted member 384931

This line of argument justifies literally anything? What does " better " even mean? That it's more than nothing?
It feels like the Cresselia/Darkrai episodes to me. High expectations,low outcome

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Well this episode aside, is it confirmed that 19th and 26th nov are breaks ?

Knowing this series it wont surprise me if there is one more break coming.

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
Hopefully Infernape belongs to the main Ash and not shiny Ash.

They made Goh's Suicuine weak and wimpy as hell so Goh could catch it and boost his popularity...even gifted him an Eternatus, but now they decide to portray legendaries (grant they're boxarts) in all their glory as powerful beings and not something a noob like Goh should ever have.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
-Infernape returning
-Characters going chibi
-Ash with Pichu?
-Arceus having an impact/likely causing the conflict

This is going to be GOOD

I don't think Arceus is directly involved, I think that the Dialga and Palkia fell again in the Red Chain which in the anime had an Arceus ring shape. Probably the ones who did that were Mandalorian Rockets.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Episode summary and staff list:

Satoshi gets a call from Hikari, who tells him Pochama has been abducted. It appears Pokémon have been abducted one after another in the Sinnoh region, so Satoshi, Go and Koharu head to where Hikari is in order to solve the mystery. And she tells them that someone that looked just like her came out of a hole of light and took Pochama with her...?

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 牧野吉高 (Yoshitaka Makino)
Animation Director 倉員千晶 (Chiaki Kurakazu)
Animation Director 阿見圭之介 (Keinosuke Ami)
Animation Director 稲手遥香 (Haruka Inade)

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
What a surprise to wake up to! o_O

Some thinky thoughts

-Dawn and Cynthia are returning to the surprise of no one

-Infernape is back as well!

-What’s up with those Mecha Suits Team Rocket is wearing?

-I'm guessing this is some super OP AU version of Team Rocket and not the normal version right?
Cause there's no way in HELL Meowth of all Pokemon could make Cynthia's GARCHOMP struggle to land a hit

-Lucario and Inteleon both get caught in an Electric Net by TR.
So much for those "Lucario is a Gary Stu" arguments.
I don't like that my Lizard Son has to go down with him but as long as he fairs well against Kingdra I will let it slide

-Did I just catch Cinderace wearing one of those Mecha suits?

-Not gonna lie, I like AU Dawn's color scheme a lot more than her Default.

-OMG EVERYONE IS REVERTED TO BABIES!!! SO CUUUUTE!!!! :love:

-If Pikachu has reverted back to Pichu, I wonder if these Pokemon Eggs are the rest of the Gang's Pokemon?
index.php

-If so then I wonder who's who?
The Brown Egg is probably Eevee, The Purplish Egg might be Piplup, Blue Egg could be Lucario, and idk who tf the Black Egg is. (Maybe Grookey?)

-Speaking of Grookey, there's so little of him in this trailer that I literally forgot he was in this. They really need to do something with that little guy soon.

-Still little to make me care about Dialga and Palkia. I hope that eerie looking place the gang is in is the Distortion World because I want to see Giratina come out and overshadow both of them.

Well all in all there's a LOT to unpack here. Probably a little too much for only 2 episodes.
I hope that they don't rush the hell out of everything

Soniman

Break the Limit
Ay called it thought it was very obvious Dawn would show up here, super happy nonetheless. Hopefully seeing her other Pokémon will happen this time.

Weird that Dawn would call Ash about Piplup going missing though like where we're these calls the past 7 years you been gone

BTW I don't think that Infernape is our Ash's so I'm keeping expectations low

Rune Knight

The idea that Pikachu got reverted back into a Pichu fits considering that the first episode of the series featured it as one.

Also the thing about the eggs makes me think that maybe this is Dialga's doing and that it is using its power to revert time through the characters and turning them younger. Kind of like how Antman got turned into a baby during Endgame.

Imagine if it ends up turning Cynthia into a child, or Ash into an adult!

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
While I assumed Infernape would come back again and I'm happy for that, this leads me to believe reserves won't be used in the PWC at all, which makes sense because the current team needs more action but from a narrative pov in which we are supposed to believe this competition is above the usual gym + league challenge, it doesn't make sense. We'll see.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I feel like this episode actually gives proper service to how insane legendary Pokémon are- they can’t just kill you they can literally warp you out of existence. The idea of time going backwards and then disappearing in some weird void under the control of Team Galactic Rocket’s red chained controlled Dialga/Palkia is quite terrifying actually. Never really gave much credence to whether these are gods or just regular creatures as they literally invented the Sinnoh Region so why can they be confined by a child in a Ball in-game?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So is this pretty much the mirror world episode in XY but done right but with characters other than just Ash and Team Rocket?

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
That having an episode period is better than having no episodes at all. The way that some people act on this forum, it gives off a serious impression of, "If an episode doesn't meet my expectations, we were better off not having that episode to begin with."

Status
Not open for further replies.