• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 3rd: PM2019 089 - Winter Special #1! Dialga & Palkia! The Space-time Cataclysm!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Legendary Pokémon from the Sinnoh region appear! A special Winter Arc will be airing!

Satoshi and friends encounter legendary Pokémon that appear in the Sinnoh region! Look forward to seeing what adventures this will lead to!

Dialga: Said to control time. A god that appears in Sinnoh-region myths.
Palkia: Said to govern space. Depicted as a god in myths.

"Dialga & Palkia! The Space-time Cataclysm!!" & "Dialga & Palkia! The Decisive Space-time Battle!!" will air as specials starting Friday December 3rd!!

---

It's been announced that the "Pocket Monsters" anime TV series, which airs on the TV Tokyo Network every Friday at 6:55pm, will have a "Special Winter Arc" set in the Sinnoh region on Friday December 3rd and Friday December 10th! This arc will see the return of Satoshi's former travelmate Hikari and her partner Pokémon Pochama from "Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl"!

zovRgAR.jpg

A promo picture and a promo video made for this arc have been revealed as well! They give us a premonition of what kind of incident the Legendary Pokémon of the Sinnoh region, Dialga and Palkia, will cause.

Satoshi, Go and Koharu get contacted by Hikari, who tells them Pochama has been abducted by someone. Similar cases of "Pokémon disappearances" have also been occurring all over the Sinnoh region in general! The trio hurry to the Sinnoh region and meet up with Hikari, who tells them that Pochama was apparently abducted by "another Hikari" that looked and dressed just like her...?!

rr2i9wy.jpg

After looking into the matter, the group learns that the Pokémon are being kidnapped by "someone" that come from mysterious holes of light called "gates" that connect to another world, and that these "gates" might have something to do with the Legendary Pokémon Dialga and Palkia! The group leaps into a "gate" in order to get the Pokémon back, but what they encounter on the other side is... another Satoshi?!

C6XbQlw.jpg

In the promo video that's been released, we get to see the Sinnoh region's Champion Shirona, a Rocket Gang that looks different from what we're used to, and a clash between Dialga and Palkia...! A new space-timeless adventure begins!

-------

HJdwLuS.jpg

A massive two week installment!!! LEGENDARY POKÉMON HAVE A SUPER BATTLE IN THE WINTER SPECIAL!!
Two legendary Pokémon clash in another world! The winter specials, a massive story that will take place over two weeks, is right around the corner!!
DON'T MISS THE LEGENDARY BATTLE!!

A SUPER BATTLE OCCURS BETWEEN DIALGA AND PALKIA!!
A clash between Legendary Pokémon in a world different from the one Satoshi and his friends live in! Just what is going on...?!
*The duo clash fiercly in a mysterious space!

Dialga: A Legendary Pokémon said to have the power to control time!
Palkia: A legendary Pokémon with the ability to distort space!

TWO SATOSHIS?!
KEEP AN EYE ON THE OTHER SATOSHI AND GO AS WELL!

ADVENTURING IN ANOTHER WORLD THAT'S JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL ONE!!
Believe it or not, the other world has another Satoshi in it! We can't even begin to imagine what kind of adventure this unbelievable encounter will lead to!!
*Hikari and Pochama pass through a round, tunnel-esque hole...?
*The mysterious hole takes Satoshi and friends to another world!
*Time gets reversed in the other world?!

Hikari: A friend Satoshi traveled with in the Sinnoh region.

"Dialga & Palkia! The Space-time Cataclysm!!" and "Dialga & Palkia! The Decisive Space-time Battle!!" will air Friday December 3rd and 10th!!

qTYwg6m.jpg

They're powerful enemies in the other world?! DO YOU KNOW WHO THE ROCKET GANG IS?!
The Rocket Gang is always causing trouble for Satoshi and friends! They're normally massive bunglers, but this time things are a bit different?!

THEY CAPTURE POKÉMON!

LUCARIO AND INTELEON GET CAUGHT?!
*They easily caught Satoshi and Go's Pokémon!

*Even Sonansu appears different from normal!

EVEN NYARTH IS TOUGH!
*It moves swiftly to deliver intense attacks!

THIS IS WHAT THE ROCKET GANG IS NORMALLY LIKE!!
The Rocket Gang is an evil organization aiming to conquer the world with powerful Pokémon. However, Musashi and Kojiro's plans fail all the time!
THEY AIM TO STEAL SATOSHI'S PIKACHU!!
They're under the impression Satoshi's Pikachu is special, so they persistently attack him! Don't lose to them, Satoshi!
*They hide in their secret base, where they receive orders from the Boss.
THIS FEELS BAD!
*Their plan failed again and they disappear far into the sky as they yell this well known line!

-------

Satoshi gets a call from Hikari, who tells him Pochama has been abducted. It appears Pokémon have been abducted one after another in the Sinnoh region, so Satoshi, Go and Koharu head to where Hikari is in order to solve the mystery. And she tells them that someone that looked just like her came out of a hole of light and took Pochama with her...?

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 牧野吉高 (Yoshitaka Makino)
Animation Director 倉員千晶 (Chiaki Kurakazu)
Animation Director 阿見圭之介 (Keinosuke Ami)
Animation Director 稲手遥香 (Haruka Inade)

-------

The cool beauty of the Sinnoh region finally returns! But even as you enjoy seeing her as a serious researcher, she's still a complete nut for sweets!

SHIRONA (Voice: Tomo Sakurai): The Champion of the Sinnoh region and one of the Pokémon World Championships' Masters Eight. She's also an archeologist and travels around the entire world.
GABLIAS: (Voice: Shogo Sakata): Shirona's Partner Pokémon. Ground/Dragon type. Known for its swift movements and can shoot across both land and sky faster than the eye can see.

REUNITING WITH THE BEAUTIFUL ANGEL THAT IS THE SINNOH REGION CHAMPION IS THE GREATEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT OF ALL!

Corni and Saito appeared in the story about Satoshi and Lucario's Mega Evolution. And now, one of the top 8 in the Pokémon World Championships, Shirona from the Masters Eight, makes her debut! She's an archeologist as well, so she's also going to give Satoshi and Go advice when it comes to Pokémon research. Her dignified demeanor in battle, her serious expressions during study and her cute smile when faced with sweets are all wonderful, and the disrepancy between them is absolutely angelic!!
Let's look back at some key moments featuring various Trainers and their Pokémon as we wait for the Sinnoh region Winter specials:

IT'S CHRISTMAS, SO TELL US WHY YOUR ANGELS ARE THE GREATEST IN THE WORLD!
A TRAINER & POKÉMON "ANGELS" INTERVIEW WITH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR DAIKI TOMIYASU!

HERE'S WHAT MAKES SHIRONA AN ANGEL:
EVEN HER ECCENTRIC SIDE IS CUTE AND JUST TOO ANGELIC!
The truth is that Shirona really loves ice cream, and in earlier series she'd be standing in front of the store for an eternity, pondering what to order. The scene in episode 83, "The Py That Became a Star", where Shirona brings donuts was actually going to have a bit where she sits there for an eternity pondering which donut to eat in it as a callback to this, but it had to be cut for time (laughs). She's the Pokémon League Champion of the Sinnoh region, yet she's still a bit eccentric, and I think that's what makes her so cute. I hope we'll be able to depict that side of her eventually.

HERE'S WHAT MAKES GABLIAS AN ANGEL:
LOOK AT THE STERN GABLIAS' HANDS!
Gablias has tiny cute hands, doesn't it? It has such a stern expression, yet its hands are these teensy little things. They're sort of like Tyrannosaurus-y forelimbs, I think they're kinda nice and cute.

HERE'S WHAT MAKES SATOSHI AN ANGEL:
HE ACTS EVEN WIHOUT PERSONAL STAKES! SATOSHI'S PURITY
Satoshi is really pure, especially when it comes to Pokémon. One episode that really made me go "Wow, he sure is giving it his all" was episode 10, "The Kairyu Paradise and the Hakuryu Trial!", where he put his life on the line for Hakuryu's sake by participating in its training. His purity and dedication really stood out here. What's so nice about Satoshi is that he's willing to do thing without any personal stake in the matter. Later in that episode, he also just abruptly proclaimed that the reason Hakuyu grow hands when they evolve into Kairyu is so that they can help others; He's normally pretty bad with words, so it was nice to see to him say something that inspired.

HERE'S WHAT MAKES GO AN ANGEL:
GO ACTING LIKE A DOTING PARENT IS JUST TOO ANGELIC
Go is extremely affectionate with his Pokémon. A very good example of this is episode 69, "I'd Like To Keep An Eye On Their First Errand!", which starts with a scene where he and Koharu are acting like doting parents arguing over whose children are the cutest. It's so nice to see Go be this enchanted by Sarunori nowadays when you think about the stern refusal to get anything but Mew that he used to have. You could say that the way he gets influenced by how cute his Pokémon are is pretty realistic; Maybe everyone would act that way if they became Trainers.

HERE'S WHAT MAKES SARUNORI AN ANGEL:
TOUCHING OUR HEARTS WITH AN ERRAND
Sarunori is naughty and mischievous, but it still properly took on the errand in episode 69 as "its mission" in its own way. And even though it's still small and unable to handle the job all that well, it earnestly tried it absolute best to make it back to Go. It may be cliched, but I find this type of stuff really really touching.

A KEY MOMENT WHERE PIKACHU WAS A LITERAL ANGEL:
IT'S LOVELY EVEN WHEN IT ACTS DIFFERENTLY!
Pikachu is as cute as an angel in general (laughs), but I especially like episode 30, "The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd", where we saw a very different kind of cuteness. The very Pikachu that's always been by Satoshi's side showed jealousy, sulked, and got calmed down by Barrierd. All the unusual expressions it made were really cute, so I really like this episode. And when I heard it say "Pikapi (Satoshi)" for the first time in quite a while, I truly felt deep in my heart that "Man, Pikachu is so cute".

A KEY MOMENT WHERE KOHARU WAS A LITERAL ANGEL:
AN ANGELIC FIRST SOLO JOURNEY
I found the Special Summer Arc (episode 74, "Darkrai's Midsummer Night's Dream", and episode 75, "Cresselia's Midsummer Night's Light") to be quite nice and fresh. Koharu got angry that the family vacation had been ruined and stormed out of the house, but had a real look of apprehension to her while traveling alone. The freshness of traveling on your own for the first time and the events that led up to it was palpable, and the episodes felt like they were packed to the brim with new and unexpected sides of Koharu, alongside her loveliness.

HERE'S WHAT MAKES EIEVUI AN ANGEL:
GOD IS PRESENT IN SMALL GESTURES
Eievui doesn't have to do anything in particular to be cute, but I really like the little play acts it put on - it takes after Wanpachi with all these little everyday scenes that have nothing to do with the plot. There's lots of these short casual scenes where we see it messing around in the background, so be on the lookout for them.

A KEY MOMENT WHERE ANOTHER CHARACTER WAS A LITERAL ANGEL:
IRIS IS NOT AN ANGEL, SHE'S A CELESTIAL MAIDEN!
Iris from episode 65, "Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!", is lovely as well. Since she's become Champion and switched clothes, she stands out from all the other returning past series characters as the one who's changed the most. The art in the episode was great, and even though Iris kept moving around and changing expressions all the time, she got to show some mature ones as well.

A CHRISTMAS Q&A WITH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR TOMIYASU:

Q: IF THE GROUP WENT TO A CHRISTMAS GIFT EXCHANGE, WHAT KINDS OF GIFTS WOULD THEY BRING?

Satoshi: Satoshi will obviously think in terms of Pokémon first, so he'd probably go with Pokémon Food or some kind of treat Pokémon like. I feel like he wouldn't be picking out something for Go and Koharu, but rather something he'd like to give Go's Pokémon.
Go: One episode had a scene where he gave his parents some gloves, so I get the impression he can be very attentive. As such, he's probably going to take this very seriously and end up going with a scarf or something like that. However, you might say that precisely BECAUSE he's so attentive, he'll tend to waste way too much time picking out something he'll feel comfortable with giving away (laughs).
Koharu: She's a bookworm that loves fiction, so she'd probably go with a novel or book she likes and would want the others to try.
Shirona: She'd drag the kids along to buy some treats she herself enjoys, wouldn't she? I feel like that would really liven up the party; Everyone would have fun and she'd get to eat something good herself too.

---------

Behind the scenes anime production notes #1:
Characters that live in a different world are going to appear in the "special winter arc" that airs Friday December 3rd and Friday December 10th.
We'll now present a comment from character designer Shuhei Yasuda.
This is a "cool and determined" Rocket Gang, but... doesn't Sonansu's expression look just the same as always?!

"Since the characters from the other world look the same as the ones we know despite having different personalities, making them come across as separate characters through gestures and such was the tough part. Pay attention to the Rocket Gang too, they're now cool and determined as a contrast to the mellow ones we know."
-Shuhei Yasuda, character designer

---------

Behind the scenes anime production notes #2:
Today we'll present a comment from executive director Daiki Tomiyasu.
In the "special winter arc" that airs Friday December 3rd and Friday December 10th, Satoshi, Go and Koharu will head to the Sinnoh region after getting a call from Hikari. Look forward to seeing how this quartet will solve the case!

"Episode 89 will feature lots of interactions between the slightly unusual pairings of Satoshi/Koharu and Go/Hikari. It's pretty novel stuff, so I hope you'll watch attentively."
-Daiki Tomiyasu, executive director

---------

POKEMON FAN:

tD2jgrY.jpg

DIALGA & PALKIA MAKE AN APPEARANCE IN THE ANIME WINTER SPECIALS!
The Legendary Pokémon Dialga and Palkia will have a fierce battle! Check out this sneak peek at the large-scale arc set in another world that unfold around Satoshi and friends!

PALKIA: A Pokémon that appears in the Sinnoh region's mythology, where it is said to live between spatial planes.
DIALGA: A Pokémon revered as a god in the Sinnoh region. It has the power to freely control time.

AN AMAZING CLASH IN A DIFFERENT DIMENSION!!
*A confrontation between two legendary Pokémon set in a world where mysterious scenery stretches out in all directions!

"Dialga & Palkia! The Space-time Cataclysm!!" and "Dialga & Palkia! The Decisive Space-time Battle!!" will air as a two-parter on Friday December 3rd and Friday December 10th!!

LET'S TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT 5 OF THE MYSTERIES THE WINTER SPECIALS HIDE!

JH0egcz.jpg

WINTER SPECIAL MYSTERY 1: WHAT ARE THE "GATES" THAT CONNECT TO ANOTHER WORLD?
There are other worlds besides the one Satoshi and friends live in?! A case of missing Pokémon has Satoshi and friends arrive at a hole called a "Gate". What lies on the other side...?
THERE'S AN OUTBREAK OF POKÉMON DISAPPEARANCES IN THE SINNOH REGION!
*The Pokémon disappeared through holes?! It appears the Gates are entrances to another world.

WINTER SPECIAL MYSTERY 2: WHAT ENCOUNTERS WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE SINNOH REGION?
Satoshi and friends have come to the Sinnoh region after learning that Hikari' Pochama has gone missing. The encounters they'll have there are connected to their adventure in the other world!
HIKARI: A Trainer that once traveled with Satoshi. It appears her Partner Pochama has diappeared into another world.
SHIRONA: The Sinnoh region's extremely skilled Champion. She's also participating in the Pokémon WCS!
JYARARANGA: Shirona's Jyararanga saves Pikachu and Gablias!
PROFESSOR NANAKAMADO: Researches Pokémon in the Sinnoh region. He seems to know about Dialga and Palkia as well.

e0ehPCx.jpg

WINTER SPECIAL MYSTERY 3: WHAT DOES THE DISTORTING OF TIME AND SPACE RESULT IN...?
The other world looks just like the one we know. And there's another Satoshi that looks just like Satoshi there! A large-scale story that skips clean across time and space will now unfold.
THERE'S TWO SATOSHIS?!
As you'd expect, this encounter has even Satoshi (cut off)? They not only have differently colored clothes, they have entirely different personalities as well!
TIME RUNS BACKWARDS?!
Dialga and Palkia's (cut off)? The Pokémon turn back into eggss and Go and the others become (cut off)!

WINTER SPECIAL MYSTERY 4: THE ROCKET GANG OF ALL PEOPLE ARE SUPER TOUGH!
In the other world, Muashi and Kojiro are the evil elite! They seem to be capturing Pokémon to use them for evil. Even Nyarth and Sonansu assault the group with shrewd attacks!

WINTER SPECIAL MYSTERY 5: HOW WILL DIALGA AND PALKIA'S FIGHT END?!
Is there nothing humans and Pokémon can do about this battle between legendary Pokémon that clash against each other with immense power?! Can Satoshi and friends stop this duo as time keeps running backwards?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO SATOSHI AND FRIENDS?! LOOK FORWARD TO THESE EPISODES!

---------

FIERCE BATTLE FOLLOWS FIERCE BATTLE! SATOSHI HEADS FOR NEW HEIGHTS!
After an unexpected reunion with Sinnoh region Champion Shirona, Satoshi once again tries his hand at official Pokémon World Championships battles. Even fiercer battles await him in the Hyper Class!

SHIRONA (Voice: Tomo Sakurai): The Sinnoh region Pokémon League Champion and an archeologist that researches Pokémon history. As a reearcher she possesse deep knowledge and as a Trainer she possesses abundant experience.
GABLIAS: A Dragon/Ground type Mach Pokémon said to fly through the air at the speed of a jet. Known as Shirona's ace and has a strong bond with her.

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF SHIRONA VS SATOSHI...?!
Shirona is also participating in the Pokémon World Championships that Satoshi i trying hi hand at, and she's one of the only 8 chosen "Masters Eight". In other word, in order to reach his long-cherished goal of fighting the Champion Dande, Satoshi has to surpass Shirona...!

SHE WAS SO OVERLY HAPPY TO BE REUNITED WITH SHIRONA SHE WAS IN A STATE OF EXCITEMENT WHILE ACTING!!
A SPECIAL INTERVIEW WITH TOMO SAKURAI, THE VOICE OF SHIRONA

(Freelancer, primarily known as Makimachi Misao from Rurouni Kenshin, Mylene Jenius from Macross 7, Meimi Haneoka from Kaito Saint Tail, ++)

I'M SO HAPPY TO PLAY SHIRONA AGAIN!
Q: This is Shirona's first appearance in quite a while. How did you react when you first learned it was happening?

Sakurai: The thing is, I play Koharu's mother Yoshino in the Pocket Monsters TV series, so I learned it from a staff member one day after the dubbing session had concluded. I had abolutely no idea she was going to appear in the show, so I practically screamed with surprise (laughs). Shirona is calm and collected, inquisitive, cultured and good looking... She's pretty much my exact opposite, but she's still a woman I really love and admire. I'm so happy I'm playing her again.

Q: What was your impression of Shirona the way she's portrayed in this return appearance?
Sakurai: It's the exact same as it was of the way she was portrayed in Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl and Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! Both her choice of words and her delivery are those of the old Shirona we know and love. She's always calm and collected and never gets agitated no matter what, though I think of her as someone that has a burning passion in her heart that she never reveals.

Q: The current Pocket Monsters anime TV series has two protagonists, Satoshi and Go. What is your impression of them?
Sakurai: Having two protagonists makes everything more lively and fun to watch, doesn't it? Go-kun is not entirely unlike Shirona in that he's very inquisitive about Pokémon. If he were to ask Shirona to teach him about Pokémon, I'm thinking that Shirona might not patronize him at all, but instead treat him as being on an equal level as her, inquire about his thoughts and ask him to teach her things SHE doesn't know.

Q: Is there something you were especially conscious of when you played Shirona this time around?
Sakurai: I showed up to the dubbing session having reviewed earlier appearances of the character, but when I acted the first line and felt it sounded the way it should, the sound director corrected my delivery. "Shirona sounds younger than that", he said, "This is Shirona the Champion! Try playing her as more composed." This made me realize how excited I was to be young again, or in other words, to get to be reunited with Shirona. From that point on I was very conscious of playing her as more composed. I especially found the scenes where Shirona, who's an archeologist, explains something about Pokémon based in her deep knowledge to be a bit difficult to do, since they required me to play her as sounding educated (laughs).

Q: Were there any scenes that truly made you feel that THIS is Shirona?
Sakurai: That definitely has to be when Shirona sent out her Partner Pokémon Gablias. She called out moves, going "Scale Shot!", "Sandstorm!", and then following it up by shouting "Tenku ni mae, Gablias!" in a really cool manner. It made me really excited, truly sensing that Shirona was fighting alongside Gablias. And then the sound director called for a retake, telling me to deliver the lines a bit calmer this time around (laughs).

Q: It's been a while since your last battle scene, what did you think of this one?
Sakurai: There was no battle between Trainers in this episode, but the battle that was there truly made me feel that Gablias is Shirona's most dependable partner. Shirona also observes her opponent very closely and uses clever fighting styles that she varies according to who she's fighting; She has a very strong desire to research and learn about all kinds of Pokémon, but this desire is also filled with a deep love. While she may not look that way at first because of her composed and collected demeanor, there's all kinds of scenes that made me realize that she approaches absolutely every single Pokémon with love.

Q: Who did you have your dubbing session with?
Sakurai: With (Daiki) Yamashita-san, who plays Go. Satoshi's voice actress Rica Matsumoto-san was there as well, though not in the same booth as us, so I got to perform my lines while listening to Satoshi's voice. It's really been age since I last saw Matsumoto-san, so I went over to her booth to say hi, and she gave me the biggest smile as she thought back to our shared history. That smile made me so happy and truly made me feel like I had come to "Pokémon", so I really felt at ease throughout the session. The story Shirona appeared in this time was a wonderful tale depicting the bond between people and Pokémon, so I was able to put this sense of hearing the cast's sobbing and beating hearts into my delivery!

Q: Shirona is currently participating in the Pokémon World Championships, and it's been revealed that she's one of the Master Eight...
Sakurai: That's right! In the Masters Eight there are Trainers like Dande and Kibana that are really passionate about battles, but despite that, I believe Shirona always remains composed, fighting without missing the slightest opportunity to catch her opponent off guard and turn the tables on them. After all, she raises her Pokémon with love and is always strengthening her bonds with them, so they respond in turn. Shirona never aims for strength alone, but has an understanding and a love for Pokémon that leads to her strength. I believe she's so strong because she's brimming over with love for Pokémon.

Q: There's a possibility of Shirona fighting Satoshi in an official battle in the future too, isn't there?
Sakurai: As long as Satoshi keeps aiming upwards, I'm sure the day will eventually come when he gets to fight Shirona. Being a Champion, Shirona can never allow herself to lose, but I'm sure that if she eventually got to battle Satoshi, she might fight him without focusing too much on the final outcome. If that day DOES arrive, I do wonder who would win... though Satoshi has definitely grown a lot during his long journey thus far, and I think Shirona probably has a strong desire to watch over that growth. Even if she did lose to him in such a battle, I think she'd be delighted at how much he'd grown and congratulate him with a smile on her face.

Q: Shirona is depicted as a character brimming over with love for Pokémon, but do YOU have any personal favorite Pokémon?
Sakurai: That has to be Shirona's ace Gablias, doesn't it? It's strong, and as you'd expect from Shirona's Partner, rather calm and composed. It has excellent chemistry with Shirona when they fight together and is able to make all kinds of judgments in an instant. You can FEEL their bond...! I instantly associate the word "Pokémon" with Mewtwo, but Dialga and Palkia are strong and cool as well! Pikachu is of course indispensable, and Hikozaru is cute too. I also really like Pochama because its voice and the way it moves around are such a perfect match. My nephew and niece are actually collecting the stickers that come with Pokémon Pan, and it made a big impression on me to see the tea cabinet in their house being completely covered in Pochama... (laughs)

Q: Finally, now that the expectations for Shirona's appearance are rising, we would like you to give a message to our readers.
Sakurai: I want to thank those of you who are always watching Pokémon for your support. This time I'm going to be in the Pokémon anime as Shirona for the first time in ages. I want to sit in front of the TV as a Pokémon fan myself, excitedly looking forward to Shirona's appearance alongside all you supportive fans! Please look forward to the further continuation of the Pocket Monsters TV series!

Last edited:
Ash Goh Chloe Dawn Barry (and maybe Paul) and Cynthia?
Also RIP Giratina
Also this is Rise of Darkrai the sequel boring

Master Pikachu 11

Legendary Pokémon from the Sinnoh region appear! A special Winter arc will be airing!

Satoshi and friends encounter legendary Pokémon that appear in the Sinnoh region! Look forward to seeing what adventures this will lead to!

Dialga: Said to control time. A god that appears in Sinnoh-region myths-
Palkia: Said to govern space. Depicted as a god in myths.

"Dialga & Palkia! The Space-time Cataclysm!!" & "Dialga & Palkia! The Decisive Space-time Battle!!" will air as specials starting Friday December 3rd!!
I guess Chloe will be going with them, hopefully Dawn appears again as well

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
Okay, this sounds hype. When we were told back when Dawn appeared that we’d be getting a Dialga and Palkia special near the winter, I got excited. Interesting that it’s “Ash and Friends”, not simply Ash and Goh. Maybe that means just Chloe and maybe it means more people! Dawn and Cynthia are the most likely candidates since it’s Sinnoh stuff, but one things for certain: the last time Dialga and Palkia were seen in the main series, it was the Team Galactic finale and it was amazing. High hopes for this!

I can't help but I could smile at this Diamond and pearl nostalgia.
This is coming from me who loves Hoenn Region much as Kalos Region.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope Koharu is involved here and Dawn appears again, also, would be cool if Cynthia joins the party too
I'd say the chance of Cynthia being here is high, she's literally the most popular character in the entire franchise and I can't see them keeping her appearances to a minimum like they've done with certain other top eight characters(Lance and Raihan). Her simply appearing is hype!

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
When they say "arc," they mean a two-parter.

Ironically, the third Bea battle could be a three-parter (or maybe an arc).

A two parter is a two parter and an arc is usually longer that means development, Sirfetch'd could be an arc, Goodra was an arc, The Islands trial were an arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.