• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 3rd: PM2019 089 - Winter Special #1! Dialga & Palkia! The Space-time Cataclysm!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Right. Nothing of real note there either:

qTYwg6m.jpg

They're powerful enemies in the other world?! DO YOU KNOW WHO THE ROCKET GANG IS?!
The Rocket Gang is always causing trouble for Satoshi and friends! They're normally massive bunglers, but this time things are a bit different?!

THEY CAPTURE POKÉMON!

LUCARIO AND INTELEON GET CAUGHT?!
*They easily caught Satoshi and Go's Pokémon!

*Even Sonansu appears different from normal!

EVEN NYARTH IS TOUGH!
*It moves swiftly to deliver intense attacks!

THIS IS WHAT THE ROCKET GANG IS NORMALLY LIKE!!
The Rocket Gang is an evil organization aiming to conquer the world with powerful Pokémon. However, Musashi and Kojiro's plans fail all the time!
THEY AIM TO STEAL SATOSHI'S PIKACHU!!
They're under the impression Satoshi's Pikachu is special, so they persistently attack him! Don't lose to them, Satoshi!
*They hide in their secret base, where they receive orders from the Boss.
THIS FEELS BAD!
*Their plan failed again and they disappear far into the sky as they yell this well known line!

Last edited:

Andydemon

Nanomachines, Son!
I'm pretty mixed. I mean, the idea of Team Rocket actually capturing Lucario and Inteleon and keeping them captive for a while sounds interesting and all, but we've seen nothing to indicate to me that this won't just be a bait and switch scenario where the Pokemon break out or get broken out almost immediately afterwards like they usually do.

Maybe Pokenchi'll show something?

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I'm pretty mixed. I mean, the idea of Team Rocket actually capturing Lucario and Inteleon and keeping them captive for a while sounds interesting and all, but we've seen nothing to indicate to me that this won't just be a bait and switch scenario where the Pokemon break out or get broken out almost immediately afterwards like they usually do.

Maybe Pokenchi'll show something?
After they get kidnapped, we probably won't even see Lucario and Inteleon again until the end of Part 2 so I doubt it's a bait and switch scenario

LazySpy

Kimty
Personally I can't relate to being bothered by something like this as someone who consumes media reguraly that target children in mind that's just how it is a lot of the time and it's not even the focus at all so whatever
Fine if you're not bothered, good for you.

Personally I can't stop seeing this as someone who adores good worldbuilding. I also believe the trope can be executed well if you put your mind to it, and in fact Pokemon did manage to achieve it before.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
From the official Twitter:

Behind the scenes anime production notes #2:
Today we'll present a comment from executive director Daiki Tomiyasu.
In the "special winter arc" that airs Friday December 3rd and Friday December 10th, Satoshi, Go and Koharu will head to the Sinnoh region after getting a call from Hikari. Look forward to seeing how this quartet will solve the case!

"Episode 89 will feature lots of interactions between the slightly unusual pairings of Satoshi/Koharu and Go/Hikari. It's pretty novel stuff, so I hope you'll watch attentively."
-Daiki Tomiyasu, executive director

Looks like we'll be getting one such comment every day as a lead-up to the winter arc?

Status
Not open for further replies.