• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 3rd: PM2019 089 - Winter Special #1! Dialga & Palkia! The Space-time Cataclysm!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the official Twitter:

Looks like we'll be getting one such comment every day as a lead-up to the winter arc?
The directors are Ash and Chloe shippers. AshXChloe confirmed. Ngl I can kinda see that happening

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Except Cynthia and Leon.
Leon especially, with his hyper-competence actually making SwSh unfun, since he basically solved every major disaster in Galar on his own (aside from one little problem which he was still there to fix). I rag on the dude all the time, but he's honestly the only adult in the Pokémon universe who doesn't rely on a 10 y/o kid to fix all his problems.

The directors are Ash and Chloe shippers. AshXChloe confirmed. Ngl I can kinda see that happening
I'm sure the writers are aware of how rabid shippers can be, and I don't think they wanna stir the hornet's nest just yet.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ash: Oh. Dawn and I met Palkia and Dialga already, in fact we almost got deleted from existence by their fight in Alamos Town until Darkrai took their attacks for us and then we helped calm them down.
Chloe: Who the **** starts a conversation like that? I just sat down!
The fun fact is that Ash and Dawn also encountered Dialga and Palkia, in red chains no less in the TG finale. I wonder if that episode will be referenced like the Cresselia episode was
I don't understand.

I should be excited for this.

It's a 2-Parter and it has Dawn and Cynthia in large roles

I should be excited for this.

I should be feeling hyped.

But.... I can't. I just can't feel hyped for this

And the worst part is that I can't even understand why?

thumb_tired-stu-rugrats-know-your-meme-53150099.png
Simple: Its too much in one sitting. It would be interesting if say Dawn had more episodes after this where shes just with Ash, that way we dont have to worry about what bone is thrown in Dawn's way and all and can focus on the plot itself. Same with Infernape. With Cynthia atleast we have that assurity

Also,
Dawn first appearance focused on her dynamic with Chloe
her second appearance focuses on her dynamic with Goh
I am expecting her to return again in early Feb for another arc, and I have a feeling that will focus on her dynamic with Ash....maybe Ash and her get sent back in time to parallel the LA protags and we get episodes to promote that game

D

Deleted member 384931

The fun fact is that Ash and Dawn also encountered Dialga and Palkia, in red chains no less in the TG finale. I wonder if that episode will be referenced like the Cresselia episode was

Simple: Its too much in one sitting. It would be interesting if say Dawn had more episodes after this where shes just with Ash, that way we dont have to worry about what bone is thrown in Dawn's way and all and can focus on the plot itself. Same with Infernape. With Cynthia atleast we have that assurity

Also,
Dawn first appearance focused on her dynamic with Chloe
her second appearance focuses on her dynamic with Goh
I am expecting her to return again in early Feb for another arc, and I have a feeling that will focus on her dynamic with Ash....maybe Ash and her get sent back in time to parallel the LA protags and we get episodes to promote that game
Pls don't

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Right. Nothing of real note there either:
Wow. I knew things were bad for TR this series...but you know things are grim when a magazine has to remind people who they are and what they do when it REALLY shouldn't...

Though on the other hand, a lot of magazine scans this series have been rather condescending, so...

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
From Pokemon Fan:

tD2jgrY.jpg

DIALGA & PALKIA MAKE AN APPEARANCE IN THE ANIME WINTER SPECIALS!
The Legendary Pokémon Dialga and Palkia will have a fierce battle! Check out this sneak peek at the large-scale arc set in another world that unfold around Satoshi and friends!

PALKIA: A Pokémon that appears in the Sinnoh region's mythology, where it is said to live between spatial planes.
DIALGA: A Pokémon revered as a god in the Sinnoh region. It has the power to freely control time.

AN AMAZING CLASH IN A DIFFERENT DIMENSION!!
*A confrontation between two legendary Pokémon set in a world where mysterious scenery stretches out in all directions!

"Dialga & Palkia! The Space-time Cataclysm!!" and "Dialga & Palkia! The Decisive Space-time Battle!!" will air as a two-parter on Friday December 3rd and Friday December 10th!!

LET'S TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT 5 OF THE MYSTERIES THE WINTER SPECIALS HIDE!

JH0egcz.jpg

WINTER SPECIAL MYSTERY 1: WHAT ARE THE "GATES" THAT CONNECT TO ANOTHER WORLD?
There are other worlds besides the one Satoshi and friends live in?! A case of missing Pokémon has Satoshi and friends arrive at a hole called a "Gate". What lies on the other side...?
THERE'S AN OUTBREAK OF POKÉMON DISAPPEARANCES IN THE SINNOH REGION!
*The Pokémon disappeared through holes?! It appears the Gates are entrances to another world.

WINTER SPECIAL MYSTERY 2: WHAT ENCOUNTERS WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE SINNOH REGION?
Satoshi and friends have come to the Sinnoh region after learning that Hikari' Pochama has gone missing. The encounters they'll have there are connected to their adventure in the other world!
HIKARI: A Trainer that once traveled with Satoshi. It appears her Partner Pochama has diappeared into another world.
SHIRONA: The Sinnoh region's extremely skilled Champion. She's also participating in the Pokémon WCS!
JYARARANGA: Shirona's Jyararanga saves Pikachu and Gablias!
PROFESSOR NANAKAMADO: Researches Pokémon in the Sinnoh region. He seems to know about Dialga and Palkia as well.

e0ehPCx.jpg

WINTER SPECIAL MYSTERY 3: WHAT DOES THE DISTORTING OF TIME AND SPACE RESULT IN...?
The other world looks just like the one we know. And there's another Satoshi that looks just like Satoshi there! A large-scale story that skips clean across time and space will now unfold.
THERE'S TWO SATOSHIS?!
As you'd expect, this encounter has even Satoshi (cut off)? They not only have differently colored clothes, they have entirely different personalities as well!
TIME RUNS BACKWARDS?!
Dialga and Palkia's (cut off)? The Pokémon turn back into eggss and Go and the others become (cut off)!

WINTER SPECIAL MYSTERY 4: THE ROCKET GANG OF ALL PEOPLE ARE SUPER TOUGH!
In the other world, Muashi and Kojiro are the evil elite! They seem to be capturing Pokémon to use them for evil. Even Nyarth and Sonansu assault the group with shrewd attacks!

WINTER SPECIAL MYSTERY 5: HOW WILL DIALGA AND PALKIA'S FIGHT END?!
Is there nothing humans and Pokémon can do about this battle between legendary Pokémon that clash against each other with immense power?! Can Satoshi and friends stop this duo as time keeps running backwards?

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO SATOSHI AND FRIENDS?! LOOK FORWARD TO THESE EPISODES!

That first post is getting long now.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Make sure you have some Popcorn ready for that day

Yeah I think Ash beating Cynthia could finally be the usurper. Especially if she isn't even Ash's final opponent there
Ash has been set up to defeat Leon for most of Journeys so I don’t think people will get too upset if beats Cynthia. I’d agree if she was being set up to be his final opponent but I see the “controversy” being tame especially with a lot of fans wanting Ash to be the first to beat her since DP mentioned the Champion League. If there’s any loss this saga that would come somewhat close to it, it’d be against Leon in the finals.

Also still trying to understand the correlation between her having more team members equating to people being “outraged” at her inevitable loss

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Cynthia has Kommo-o. Neat-o. It's interesting that they decided to give her a Gen 7 Pokémon. If that's the case... do you guys think that she will be using Z-Moves in her Championship matches? Someone other than Ash has to and the others seem to use G-Max like Leon and Raihan and others have potential for Mega-Evolution like Cynthia and Garchomp and Leon and Gyarados.

We don't even know who are the remaining Top 8 members so if it's Diantha and Steven, then they also have Mega-Evolution.

Just some things are interesting to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.