• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 3rd: PM2019 089 - Winter Special #1! Dialga & Palkia! The Space-time Cataclysm!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Shirona has a Jyararanga, pretty cool I've been super tired of Gablias and this line needed some more representation.

Also LOL at Gablias needing rescue/support from Team Galactic-Rocket's technology. Anime continues to prove technology > super powered monsters.

HERE'S WHAT MAKES SATOSHI AN ANGEL:
HE ACTS EVEN WIHOUT PERSONAL STAKES! SATOSHI'S PURITY
Satoshi is really pure, especially when it comes to Pokémon. One episode that really made me go "Wow, he sure is giving it his all" was episode 10, "The Kairyu Paradise and the Hakuryu Trial!", where he put his life on the line for Hakuryu's sake by participating in its training. His purity and dedication really stood out here. What's so nice about Satoshi is that he's willing to do thing without any personal stake in the matter. Later in that episode, he also just abruptly proclaimed that the reason Hakuyu grow hands when they evolve into Kairyu is so that they can help others; He's normally pretty bad with words, so it was nice to see to him say something that inspired
I really like that last line? That was a very memorable dialogue and well-spoken for Satoshi actually. I still remember it to this day, Kairyu really is the best of his PM2019 team for me and I hope we get more screen for the barney-looking sweetheart. He's thematically the closest to Satoshi, how fitting Hakuryu has angelic looking wings on its head.
HERE'S WHAT MAKES GO AN ANGEL:
GO ACTING LIKE A DOTING PARENT IS JUST TOO ANGELIC
Go is extremely affectionate with his Pokémon. A very good example of this is episode 69, "I'd Like To Keep An Eye On Their First Errand!", which starts with a scene where he and Koharu are acting like doting parents arguing over whose children are the cutest. It's so nice to see Go be this enchanted by Sarunori nowadays when you think about the stern refusal to get anything but Mew that he used to have. You could say that the way he gets influenced by how cute his Pokémon are is pretty realistic; Maybe everyone would act that way if they became Trainers.
Parent!Go with his children-teen-adult 'mons was something I always adored that I'm glad they're actually acknowledging. His starters are his lovable children and troublesome teens. Funny how Sarunori seems to be his most troublesome spoiled compared to mild mannered Messon and more independent Hibunny.
A KEY MOMENT WHERE ANOTHER CHARACTER WAS A LITERAL ANGEL:
IRIS IS NOT AN ANGEL, SHE'S A CELESTIAL MAIDEN!
Iris from episode 65, "Dragon Battle! Satoshi VS Iris!!", is lovely as well. Since she's become Champion and switched clothes, she stands out from all the other returning past series characters as the one who's changed the most. The art in the episode was great, and even though Iris kept moving around and changing expressions all the time, she got to show some mature ones as well.
Why Iris? Why not Hikari or say Shigeru (a more recent return) is it to take a chance to reference how her Champion clothes are based off celestial maidens clothing? Either way I love they acknowledge how pretty that episode looked with that one wicked key animator and her progress/change being the craziest. They animated the movement of the dress and facial expression super dynamically. Glad they pulled that off with COVID-19 eating them alive.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Wow I had never seen the manga version of the panel. It looks even more sinister than the anime's

"Do not underestimate humanity's infinite potential for malice!"

HXH is timeless. Damn you Togashi, just hire someone to draw the manga at this point and so we can get back to rolling. I want to see this manga through before I'm 30.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I'm quite worried about the alternative versions of the TRio. Not only because they look like competent and dangerous, but the way they talk in the trailer... It's like they have no emotions, as if they were robots. They are wearing battle armors, but do you think maybe they have cybernetic implants or something? It's really creepy.

Ultra Beast Lover

I'm quite worried about the alternative versions of the TRio. Not only because they look like competent and dangerous, but the way they talk in the trailer... It's like they have no emotions, as if they were robots. They are wearing battle armors, but do you think maybe they have cybernetic implants or something? It's really creepy.
No, that was just how the BW Trio was, a trio of competent, lifeless robots with zero charm

MartínK

Cynthia with Kommo-o, the most likely that replaces Lucario.

So we know that Cynthia has Garchomp, Kommo-o, Grastrodon and Glaceon.

The two other spots posibilities: Milotic, Spiritbomb, Roserade, Togekiss, Braviary and Eelektross.

Kungfu-Bear

Honestly I have pretty low expectations for this...

Actually every time they announce a big new arc involving Legendary Pokemon I yawn, even though Legends and Myths are one of my favorite aspects of the Pokemon world. I mean really don't like this season "the bigger the better" approach, while in my view they can't handle big epic stories very well with such a restrained cast and episodic story format. IMO Journeys proved to do much better with smaller, more personal stories like the recent one about Regina.

Moreover, while the arcs about Dialga and Palkia have all been decent so far, for some reason these two Pokemon are always depicted fighting each other in the anime despite that not being a part of their lore. I was hoping they would at least do something different this time like OLM tried to do with Darkrai and Cresselia, because reducing two of the most important Pokémon in the entire universe to mere rivals in my opinion doesn't help their presentation at all (if this plot involves Arceus, it makes me even more worried).

I still expect to be surprised by some fun small interactions and dialogue between the characters though but unfortunately that's it for now.

Red and Blue

Cynthia with Kommo-o, the most likely that replaces Lucario.

So we know that Cynthia has Garchomp, Kommo-o, Grastrodon and Glaceon.

The two other spots posibilities: Milotic, Spiritbomb, Roserade, Togekiss, Braviary and Eelektross.
I'd pick Milotic and Spiritbomb for her final two members.

D

Deleted member 384931

It is kinda obvious Arceus will stop Dialga and Palkia.

Status
Not open for further replies.