• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 4th: PM2019 048 - Almost Pikachu Crisis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
You know I wouldn’t be surprised if during the episode if after Team Rocket switches Pikachu if somehow when Team Rocket and Lucario and Cinderace aren’t looking the Pikachu wind up accidentally getting switched back.

So basically Team Rocket gets away with what Lucario and Cinderace thought was the real Pikachu but only to find out when they reunite with Ash and Goh that Ash’s Pikachu is back with Ash, and neither Ash nor Goh noticed that it had been swapped out for a time.

Then Team Rocket Trio would present their almost Pikachu to Giovanni thinking they finall got Ash’s Pikachu only for the Pikachu they brought back to suddenly blow up.
This scenario would fall flat on its head if they happen to have Lucario use aura to sense the real Pikachu's aura energy.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
And yet the this and the previous episode have guest VAs so either they just didn’t want Meloetta Guitar Guy or he was just asking for some serious cash
Well, what I said was in jest, but really, I think it's obvious the Pokenchi hosts are more than happy to do anything for the show at a cheap price. I really can't imagine Mewtwo's star VA happily accepting a reprise without some serious dough dropped on his lap, though.

Wished we knew why he couldn't make it to make FemTwo disappear. Was it really about money, or was he just busy at the time?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Well, what I said was in jest, but really, I think it's obvious the Pokenchi hosts are more than happy to do anything for the show at a cheap price. I really can't imagine Mewtwo's star VA happily accepting a reprise without some serious dough dropped on his lap, though.

Wished we knew why he couldn't make it to make FemTwo disappear. Was it really about money, or was he just busy at the time?
Wasn't that the Shudo estate being the problem, not Mewtwo's VA, since they definitely could afford him on a movie budget?

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

It’s literally already been established that the reason why they couldn’t use M1 Mewtwo in Movie 16 was because they didn’t one the rights to the character.

Wan't that the Shudo estate being the problem, not Mewtwo's VA, since they definitely could afford him on a movie budget?

Yep, you are correct.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Seems like a fun episode. Deko Akao's episodes have been decent and she seems to understand Team Rocket, which is rare for the current series. It's a bit sad when you have higher hopes for episodes like this one than the SwSh arc or the Mewtwo one.

I've been watching Shadowside - which she is the main writer - and the series' been fun.

I'd say she'd make a great head writer since Shadowside dealt with its big cast fairly well given everything. Could have been better? Sure, but since Pokémon series tend to have at least a 3 years run, I can see her pulling it off.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Pokenchi just revealed Chidori's guest roles. Daigo will be playing Dageki and Nobu will be playing Nageki.

Next episode will also focus on promoting their guest appearances:
It's Chidori's first appearance on Pokénchi! We provide a complete report of their dubbing session!
Abareru-kun trades pokémon with a Pokénd that wants to do manzai with him!
Today's battle is a super extravagant dream match! It's a storm of legendary Pokémon that appear one after each other in raid battles!

Summary:
We provide a complete report of Chidori's first ever voice acting recording session for the "Pocket Monsters" anime! And their voice actor senior Abareru-kun has something to say?! It's time for a super extravagant dream match: A multi battle featuring nothing but legendary Pokémon! What kind of battle is a showdown between persistence and persistence?! It's Shokotan & Rinka-chan VS Hyadain & Abareru-kun, which Pokémon does each pair send out?! We also get an online trade challenge with Pokénds?! What happens when a Pokénd wants to do manzai with Abareru-kun? And how does the match with the Pokénd that issued an energetic challenge go?!

Cast:
Shoko Nakagawa
Hyadain
Abareru-kun
Rinka Otani
Guests: Chidori (Daigo and Nobu)

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Pokenchi just revealed Chidori's guest roles. Daigo will be playing Dageki and Nobu will be playing Nageki.

Next episode will also focus on promoting their guest appearances:

I found this translation harder to understand than usual? Are legendary pokemon appearing in the anime, or is that a IRL event?

Also who are Shokotan, Rinka-chan, Hyadain & Abareru-kun, I get that 2 of them are Chidori, but none of these names match Ash, Goh Jessie or James' voice actors, so who is the double battle against?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I found this translation harder to understand than usual? Are legendary pokemon appearing in the anime, or is that a IRL event?

Also who are Shokotan, Rinka-chan, Hyadain & Abareru-kun, I get that 2 of them are Chidori, but none of these names match Ash, Goh Jessie or James' voice actors, so who is the double battle against?
Pokenchi is a Pokemon variety show. Shokotan and co. are the hosts for it. The summary is for Pokenchi's next ep, not the anime.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
The Anipoke Twitter made this and I thought it was cute!

So how do you guys expect their interactions to go? Considering that they didn't interact much at all as Raboot and Riolu???

Lucario and Cinderace are Ash and Gou's respective Aces and since Ash and Gou are total Bros this must mean that their Aces must also be total Bros despite not being particularly close before hand lol

Status
Not open for further replies.