• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 7th: SM53 - Hurry Up! Operation: Rescue Lusamine!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SONW

The need to complain.
Suddenly, the anime is criticized for not being faithful to the games.

Everything12

I've seen the leaks and about Lusmaine I have to say
[spoil]Lusamine is no less crazy in USM than in SM its just that with Necrozma being a noticeable threat she has to focus on it to protect her collection and only starts getting back to normal after she goes to Ultra Space to stop it, by trying to sacrifice Nebby just like in SM, but Necrozma proves too strong for her to stop causing her to come back once Necrozma captured Solgaleo/Lunala at the altar. Her Husband disappearing and getting infected by Nihilego when she was trying to find him are still major parts of her character.

Also, Faba isn't any more evil than normal he just joins TRR because he thinks they will expand Aether Foundations, and his, influence and quickly crawls back to Lusmaine when Giovani's defeated.[/spoil]

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Geez. How are they already at the Ultra Beast Climax? Solgaleo? Wormhole? If theyr'e rushing this fast, what other stories will be left? Doesn't the Sun and Moon generation have at least 2 years life span left? Or could it really be because the new Pokemon game supposedly coming out for the switch next year gonna be the start of a new generation?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Lusamine being evil would be a disgrace to her inherently good game counterpart.

Lusamine is only neglectful of Lillie and Gladion because Nihilegos toxins brought out and exemplified her worst traits after she tried bringing her husband back. Once player defeats Mothership mode she starts to slowly build a bridge back with Lillie.

Furthermore there hasn't been anything to suggest Lusamine is evil. She cares about her kids and seems to dote on Lillie despite embarrassing her. To suddenly portray her as evil and neglectful would b really weird.
This right here. In the games, Lusamine's villainy was brought about by insanity caused by Nihilego's toxins, and her obsession with the Ultra Beasts began as an innocent desire to find out what happened to her husband (and bring him back). She was emotionally and psychologically abusive toward her children, but it was implied that that started after Mohn's disappearance.

I agree that to suddenly make anime Lusamine evil would be weird, but she is already neglectful; it's been implied that she is too busy with work to spend much, if any, time with Lillie and Gladion (that seems to be part of Lillie's frustration with her). It's not too Farfetch'd to think that anime Lusamine might go down a similar path as her game counterpart—exposure to Nihilego's toxins causes her to go insane, and she starts becoming the abusive mother she was in the games.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
[spoil]Lusamine is no less crazy in USM than in SM its just that with Necrozma being a noticeable threat she has to focus on it to protect her collection and only starts getting back to normal after she goes to Ultra Space to stop it, by trying to sacrifice Nebby just like in SM, but Necrozma proves too strong for her to stop causing her to come back once Necrozma captured Solgaleo/Lunala at the altar. Her Husband disappearing and getting infected by Nihilego when she was trying to find him are still major parts of her character.

Also, Faba isn't any more evil than normal he just joins TRR because he thinks they will expand Aether Foundations, and his, influence and quickly crawls back to Lusmaine when Giovani's defeated.[/spoil]

I sure hope this is the case. And they might as well let TRio go out with a big song and dance while they're at it (preferably with either a Heel-Face Turn, or them somehow getting in charge of Team Rocket). Of TRio doesn't leave after all this, they're never going to get a satisfying ending.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I sure hope this is the case. And they might as well let TRio go out with a big song and dance while they're at it (preferably with either a Heel-Face Turn, or them somehow getting in charge of Team Rocket). Of TRio doesn't leave after all this, they're never going to get a satisfying ending.

While I did acknowledge the idea initially that this could set up a potential departure for TRio, now I don't really think so. I feel their departure would only happen when there's a final clash of Ash vs Giovanni which happens in Kanto, where the stakes are super high for Ash. I've always felt Ash vs Giovanni would probably be the final season, along with Ash probably becoming a Pokémon Master.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Of course this plot had to be rushed. It's not the like writers had a couple of years to plan this arc or have a gap year. RS had about a year or two sepreate from Emerald and FRLG so there was time to not rush, BW and BW2 had a gap year between them so there was no pressure to rush as well. USUM is the first seuqal/enhanced version to come directly after the originals so they have to try to adapt both of them in a short amount of time.

There's no reason to rush the plot if DP's climax came over a year later than the final Sinnoh game.

USUM plot will probably be a slightly enhanced version of SM's plot so Nebby's evolution to Solgaleo is already a big deal. I doubt they're going to drag things out after the first "climax".

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia

CALLED IT, glad Lusamine will be evil in the long run :)

There's no reason to rush the plot if DP's climax came over a year later than the final Sinnoh game.

USUM plot will probably be a slightly enhanced version of SM's plot so Nebby's evolution to Solgaleo is already a big deal. I doubt they're going to drag things out after the first "climax".

I think the reason they could afford to drag out DP's climax is because DPPtt more or less shared the same story just different legendaries. They barely had to tweak anything plot wise unlike SM

Last edited:

Henry's Journey

Well, hopefully they adapt all of this in the anime the most they can, I think in the anime Lusamine will not be evil per se but maybe goes crazy/mad because of Nihilego or another UB.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks the anime is moving too fast. I mean, we're already fifty episodes in and Ash is going to Poni Island before Ula'Ula.

Still, I'm really excited to watch these episodes. I wonder what the writers are planning.

ShadowForce720

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks the anime is moving too fast. I mean, we're already fifty episodes in and Ash is going to Poni Island before Ula'Ula.

Still, I'm really excited to watch these episodes. I wonder what the writers are planning.

Well you never know since all it says is that they make an attempt to save Lusamine, but just because they make an attempt at it doesn't necessarily mean that they will succeed. Now of course it's possible that they could succeed in the rescue mission here but it's also possible that they could wind up fail and wind up being force to retreat.

They’re just slamming the gas pedal on the plot now. I’m really surprised to see all this happening now as I thought they’d wait until the series was nearing its end, unless the rumors are true and that’s exactly what’s happening. The anime used to go for 4 years and they switched it to 3 in Best Wishes, maybe with this series they’re only going with 1/2-2 years? I’ve read that the anime has been having an issue with ratings for awhile so maybe they have decided to shorten the seasons going forward?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I know some of us are speculating that Lusamine might turn evil once she's exposed to ultra space, but if the anime is actually planning to follow the USUM plot:
[Spoil] That's unlikely to happen. Lusamine may still sort of be evil in USUM, but all her actions have nothing to do with Nihilego's neurotoxins. She's aware of the danger posed by Necrozma, and hence she actually wants to capture Necrozma all by herself to protect Alola.[/Spoil]

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I know some of us are speculating that Lusamine might turn evil once she's exposed to ultra space, but if the anime is actually planning to follow the USUM plot:
[Spoil] That's unlikely to happen. Lusamine may still sort of be evil in USUM, but all her actions have nothing to do with Nihilego's neurotoxins. She's aware of the danger posed by Necrozma, and hence she actually wants to capture Necrozma all by herself to protect Alola.[/Spoil]

[Spoil] Except going by what's happening in Pokémon Sun and Moon anime it's not that unlikely for her to turn evil, you say that it's unlikely because all of her actions have nothing to do with Nihilego's neurotoxins, however while right now she doesn't appear to be evil we do know she is going to get sent and trapped into Ultra Space somehow(probably do to Nihilego capturing her and taking her there) in the anime, which we know she winds up their because of the summary for episode 53, so it's not that unlikely that in that time she could get effected by Nihilelgo's neurotoxin while she is there and turn "evil" especially if Ash and the others fail that their rescue attempt in episode 53 and are forced to retreat.

Also keep in mind that from my understanding of what happens in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon it's likely that she doesn't go to Ultra Space in the first place and that's why did get Nihilego's neurotoxins in her, where in the anime she is going to wind up trapped there, so her turning "evil" because of Nihilego while she is trapped in Ultra Space is not as unlikely as you seem to think. [/Spoil]

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
[Spoil] Except going by what's happening in Pokémon Sun and Moon anime it's not that unlikely for her to turn evil, you say that it's unlikely because all of her actions have nothing to do with Nihilego's neurotoxins, however while right now she doesn't appear to be evil we do know she is going to get sent and trapped into Ultra Space somehow(probably do to Nihilego capturing her and taking her there) in the anime, which we know she winds up their because of the summary for episode 53, so it's not that unlikely that in that time she could get effected by Nihilelgo's neurotoxin while she is there and turn "evil" especially if Ash and the others fail that their rescue attempt in episode 53 and are forced to retreat.

Also keep in mind that from my understanding of what happens in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon it's likely that she doesn't go to Ultra Space in the first place and that's why did get Nihilego's neurotoxins in her, where in the anime she is going to wind up trapped there, so her turning "evil" because of Nihilego while she is trapped in Ultra Space is not as unlikely as you seem to think. [/Spoil]

[Spoil]Way to misinterpret what I said and go on and on. If you've seen my previous posts, I have acknowledged and realise that Lusamine turning evil inside Ultra Space is definitely a possibility. However,
what I simply said here was that if the anime is going to follow USUM very closely, it's still quite unlikely that Lusamine's gets affected even in Ultra Space, since it seems she doesn't get affected by Neurotoxins in USUM. Ultimately, it depends whether the anime wants to follow the SM or USUM plot more closely. Accordingly, they may decide what to do with Lusamine inside Ultra Space.[/Spoil]

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
This episode is definitely part of the Aether climax for sure. Considering Solgaleo has appeared and led them the Ultra Space and Ash and co. are outright confirmed that Ash and co. are confronting the UB's, the episode is pretty much bound to have climactic action. Now, there is a chance that this climax might be a two-parter which would consist of this episode and the next one.

ShadowForce720

[Spoil]Way to misinterpret what I said and go on and on. If you've seen my previous posts, I have acknowledged and realise that Lusamine turning evil inside Ultra Space is definitely a possibility. However,
what I simply said here was that if the anime is going to follow USUM very closely, it's still quite unlikely that Lusamine's gets affected even in Ultra Space, since it seems she doesn't get affected by Neurotoxins in USUM. Ultimately, it depends whether the anime wants to follow the SM or USUM plot more closely. Accordingly, they may decide what to do with Lusamine inside Ultra Space.[/Spoil]

[Spoil] Way to miss my point what I'm saying is that sure while the anime may follow USUM very closely you have to keep in mind that from what I've know and what it sounds like what happens in the game is that Lusamine doesn't go to Ultra Space like she did in Sun and Moon or even the anime, so what I'm saying is you can't say that Lusamine getting affected by Nihilego's Neurotoxins in Ultra Space is quite unlikely because the anime is already deviating from the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon games by the fact that Lusamine is winding up trapped in Ultra Space, so while it's not guaranteed that she is going to turn evil because of the Neurotoxins, it however is at the very least likely that she will do to the fact that she is trapped in Ultra Space which is completely different from Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

Basically you can't say it's quite unlikely because very closely following USUM when it's very apparent that the anime already has a major deviation from the USUM games with the fact that Lusamine winds up in Ultra Space. [/Spoil]

Henry's Journey

So I was thinking the final episodes/climax of this Aether arc will air on Dec. 14th and 21st most likely, maybe they will announce the new arc or a year-end preview for what's to come in 2018, spoilers for evolutions, Ula Ula perhaps.

EDIT: by mid December we'll probably have titles for all of January so that will clear up things.

Status
Not open for further replies.