• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 8th: PM2019 004: Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Hibanny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Satoshi and Go have heard there's a phenomenon in the Galar region that causes Pokémon to grow to gigantic sizes. The two of them immediately head there in order to investigate this phenomenon. When they arrive in Shoot City, Galar, they get thoroughly engrossed in the beautiful cityscape and the local specialty scones, but then they encounter a group of Pokémon they've never seen before that are playing pranks around the city.

Screenplay 赤尾でこ (Deko Akao)
Storyboard 中田誠 (Makoto Nakata)
Episode Director 高木啓明 (Hiroaki Takagi)
Animation Director 高木麻穂 (Maho Takagi)
Animation Director 高橋優 (Yuh Takahashi)

------------

POKEMON FAN:

https://i.imgur.com/O4X4Oa4.jpg

A NEW ADVENTURE IN THE GALAR REGION!
CHASE AFTER HIBANNY!!

Satoshi and Go have arrived in the Galar region for the first time. But immediately after their arrival there, Satoshi's backpack gets stolen by a Hibanny they met there?! What will happen to their investigation now?

HIBANNY: A Pokémon Satoshi and Go met in Shoot City. It appears to love playing pranks.

Hibanny's legs are very strong. It lands a powerful kick on Pikachu!

"Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Hibanny!!" is set to air December 8th!
(time and date varies depending on region)

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Oh hey, looks like we are in Galar quicker than we thought.

I would think the other Pokemon Scorbunny is causing mischief with is the other two starters, but from the look of it only Gou is getting his this episode. Maybe it's a whole bunch of Scorbunny pulling pranks

nuzamaki90

Shoot City must be Motostoke, which is where the starters were originally messing around at anyways in the initial trailers.

Hopefully Ash learns about the Galar League here or in episode 5 with the Dynamax Snorlax, who I REALLY hope is Ash’s

Ashton Ketchum

Could just be an anime-original location too. "Shoot City" doesn't really sound like the kind of names the Pokemon video games use.
Thats give hope that the season(s) 24(-25) will be separate saga, with fully in Galar story.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The first info we got for the anime made it sound like Gou already had Scorbunny from the start, but I guess the trailer we got last week already dashed that with it revealing Gou's from Kanto.

The trailer showed Pikachu vs Scorbunny, so we can at least have a peek at what the town looks like.

ShadowForce720

Thats give hope that the season(s) 24(-25) will be separate saga, with fully in Galar story.

Just some friendly advice but you should probably give up on any idea of there being a separate sage that focuses on Galar, if anything the best you can hope for at this point and what will probably happen is that we get a Galar arc in the new anime which is composed of multiple trips to Galar.

dman_dustin

Could just be an anime-original location too. "Shoot City" doesn't really sound like the kind of names the Pokemon video games use.

No, but story arcs are an actual thing and we don't know how this anime series is going to work. In terms of a season or rather a story arc, is it going to be 20 episodes in Galar and then 20 episodes back in Kanto and then 20 episode is Hoenn, etc, etc.

Or is it going to be more like the 7th generation anime, where they stay mostly in the Kanto region for a majority of the series, while very rarely going anywhere else, but a lot more frequently since there should be more focus on multiple regions.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
I doubt they'd have Ash catch anything here since they'll probably want Scorbunny to be the star of the show, but it would be nice if they at least set something up for him later. Other than that though I'm hyped to see Galar animated.

Status
Not open for further replies.