• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 9th: PM2019 135 - Pokémon! I Am Glad I Got To Meet You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Kinda funny how Ash becoming World Champion is somehow less of a celebratory victory than him getting whizzed out of the Kanto League lol

These cameos really were just shallow fanservice besides Dawn

GhostWallker98

Leon did handicap himself so it makes sense. There's no changing Ash being the world champ now, but it is still undeserved. Hate all you want to, but I am not changing my opinion. Anyways, I think Ash will go to Paldea with Goh and perhaps Goh progressively leaves in the middle of the series to focus on other vital SV characters.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Now watch as PAUL of all people will be the only one, besides Oak, Tracey and his mom, to be in Pallet Town. He was there before the masters eight
Paul knows he could've swept the thing

He's just too Chad to do it himself so he sent his goon, Ash, to do his work

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Goh : its going to be difficult leaving Ash

Ash: ok hope you do well (been through this w/ 16 other people)
  • Ash: Did you think I'd actually take you with me to the next region?
  • Goh: But, Ash, I was your best friend!
  • Ash: So were they. [he points to the bottom of the cliff, where Ash's companions and Reserves are sitting by a fire, Brock has a broken leg. Dawn looks up]
  • Dawn: Hey, look, everybody. Ash's back!

Last edited:

PAndrews

Leon did handicap himself so it makes sense. There's no changing Ash being the world champ now, but it is still undeserved. Hate all you want to, but I am not changing my opinion. Anyways, I think Ash will go to Paldea with Goh and perhaps Goh progressively leaves in the middle of the series to focus on other vital SV characters.
To be fair its silly to call him "world champion" anyway, since he didn't win a championship that ranked every trainer nor did it take past victories into account to rank everyone accordingly. Look at Paul, he clearly had the strength and skill to be ranked near the top yet wasn't even registered then there is the fact that there could be tons of other powerful characters who joined but simply haven't climbed up yet (even Ash started at the bottom despite being Aloha Champ).

Claiming "strongest in the world" in a ranking system that only incorperated 10704 trainers on a planet where literally every aspect of life revolves around being a trainer in some capacity is just stupid on the writers part and should have been given a different label since calling him world champ makes it seem like there is no opportunity to progress higher

As for Goh, why would he leave mid-series? Seems all companions stick around till (near) the end of a series, even those that tagged along for multiple like Brock. This title does (along with Goh crying) seem to set up a departure, but Brock also showed that they can split up and reunite again (Brock left and returned twice before finally leaving for good afterall). So even if this is a goodbye for a Goh it doesn't have to be a farewell (unless we get a reveal of a new group of companions)

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
It's actually post-OS, considering that the anime staff started to disrespect the wishes of the anime's original creator, Takeshi Shudo.

Well, the anime writers did gradually throw out Shudo's ideas in favor of it being a soulless cashgrab designed solely to promote merchandise. Shudo did not want the anime to be basically a toy commercial and so he quit the show in complete frustration.

Shudou Takeshi is not the 'original creator' of the 1997 animated series. He was a freelance writer hired by the production staff (likely by Chief Director Yuyama Kunihiko who he worked with on Minky Momo) to fullfill the role of series construction and write scripts. Shudou had ideas about what he wanted to do with the series but he has never been anything but a writer for hire, not a producer or director who could get a series funded from scratch. Shudou left the series construction role after Episode #158 (and stopped writing the movies after #3) because he felt like nobody was listening to his ideas over the ideas of a certain publishing executive, despite said executive not being a creator-type at all.

The series was from its inception a cash-grab, as all commercial projects are. Pokemon has existed to advertise the games and other merchandise since Day #1.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I think that starting tomorrow I will take a week off from Serebii.

So unless something big happens I will be only lurking.

Do I regret all this memeing about Goh leaving and in the end beeing nothing.

Nope I would do it again.

Well that's what I would say, however this is not over yet.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
  • Ash: Did you think I'd actually take you with me to the next region?
  • Goh: But, Ash, I was your best friend!
  • Ash: So were they. [he points to the bottom of the cliff, where Ash's companions and Reserves are sitting by a fire, Brock has a broken leg. Dawn looks up]
  • Dawn: Hey, look, everybody. Ash's back!

I wish I had time to photoshop this...
thumb_gee-whiz-where-we-going-papea-oh-youll-see-w-what-42147247.png

To be fair its silly to call him "world champion" anyway, since he didn't win a championship that ranked every trainer nor did it take past victories into account to rank everyone accordingly. Look at Paul, he clearly had the strength and skill to be ranked near the top yet wasn't even registered then there is the fact that there could be tons of other powerful characters who joined but simply haven't climbed up yet (even Ash started at the bottom despite being Aloha Champ).

Claiming "strongest in the world" in a ranking system that only incorperated 10704 trainers on a planet where literally every aspect of life revolves around being a trainer in some capacity is just stupid on the writers part and should have been given a different label since calling him world champ makes it seem like there is no opportunity to progress higher
Can we please stop with this silly logic that undercuts the achievement? Ash is still ranked #1 in the world after defeating Leon, and you can't rank people that choose to not participate.

Could there be "stronger" or better trainers out there? Yes. But until they reach the Master Class and defeat Ash, he is still on top.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Chloe is returning.

How does a person return if he is not even gone?

What? Return from? What?

Return from death?

Return from beeing a lackluster character?

Return of not beeing even in half episodes?

Return of a personalIty?

Return of Mewtwo?

Return of the Eevee warm shoulder?

What?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Can we please stop with this silly logic that undercuts the achievement? Ash is still ranked #1 in the world after defeating Leon, and you can't rank people that choose to not participate.

Could there be "stronger" or better trainers out there? Yes. But until they reach the Master Class and defeat Ash, he is still on top.
Back when I judged robotics competitions, spectators and student volunteers would constantly belittle the winning team by saying how much they could do better.
The head judge got on the microphone and told them that they were gutless, STI-infected twits who lacked the conviction to actually pick up a pen and sign up, much less actually put axles into motors.
Indeed, there are people who will be better than you. That's life, but the idea that you aren't world champion because not everyone who could participate participated is such a bad take.

Master Pikachu 11

I’m glad that we have a summary, I want to wait to see official confirmation that Ash will indeed be returning next series like a poster before I say anything. The next two weeks should be interesting

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Sure didn’t bring happiness to me.
Pokemon, I’m done with this bullshit!!!!!
You admitting you're a child does explain the more ... questionable and strawman takes from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.