• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 9th: PM2019 135 - Pokémon! I Am Glad I Got To Meet You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
As long as we never ever find out about what the living hell a Pokemon Master is, Ash is forever going to remain around. For all we know, he'd become king of the universe, only for him to say "one step closer to becoming a Pokemon Master!"
I'd still rather take an Ash reset compared to a new character

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Which is stupid. After he beat Leon, there was no reason keeping Ash around.
985.jpg

Seriously, get a better argument. None of us want to see Ash mutilated like you want him or turned into a glorified home maker like you crave.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
.....those are literally different things?
These are soft retcons due to the nature of the franchise evolving and growing
The Paldean trainers not caring about the PWC on the other hand is an illogical derivement with no basis and a direct contradiction of their character in the games and eventual portrayal in the anime, unless they remove the Pokemon league association or the gyms and competitive nature and whatnot.
It’s literally a case that they didn’t take part because the region wasn’t even conceptualized when it happened. Notice that in the gimmick rule there’s Mega Evolution, Z-Moves and Dynamax but no Terrastalization despite the fact that, by your logic, they took part in this and it’s not like a character has to be a representative of that region to use its gimmicks as is shown with Cynthia using Mega Evolution and Dynamax and Lance uses Dynamax. So at that point, they left out the gimmick of a region that’s supposedly competing thus putting them at a disadvantage if you keep the logic that everyone was in it even beyond the 8 regions that actually existed when the tournament was created. As things stand, there’s no reason to believe that regions beyond the 8 were competing. It’s literally in the anime’s DNA that this kind of thing happens all the time because of the expansive nature of the franchise. It’s literally no different than how Pokémon from later regions suddenly started showing up in Kanto after Ash and friends went to newer regions.

Last edited:

SatoSereFan224888

As long as we never ever find out about what the living hell a Pokemon Master is, Ash is forever going to remain around. For all we know, he'd become king of the universe, only for him to say "one step closer to becoming a Pokemon Master!"
I always thought being a Pokemon master meant catching every Pokemon out there. Ash will never do that.

Bulu likes pepsi

985.jpg

Seriously, get a better argument. None of us want to see Ash mutilated like you want him or turned into a glorified home maker like you crave.
His nickname is an obvious giveaway, I mean I'm surprised we don't also have SatoHaru30494, AshXDawnForever133 and PokeShipper550, these guys just want to see Ash grown up with a girlfriend he's traveled with and it's like they don't get the memo that the writers aren't interested in making an anime for grown ups and actually believe these ships will become canon

I'm sure there's a lot of things they can do with Ash even after becoming world champion. Like destructuring a bad organization or using the past and future theme of Cyclizar from SV

STICKTOPIA

We don’t know the definition of a Pokémon master, so even though he beat Leon it doesn’t mean his work is finished.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
We don’t know the definition of a Pokémon master, so even though he beat Leon it doesn’t mean his work is finished.
We will learn a Pokemon Master needs to pass all the Classes in the Academy and the Champion Assessment test. Can totally see as failing on one of the 2 followinf questions:
1. Do Electric type moves work on Ground types?
And
2. Who is the first Champion of Alola and current PWT Monarch?

STICKTOPIA

But that’s how it is in the games by catching every Pokemon to fill the Pokédex.
It’s very clear as day that ash will NOT catch every Pokémon, so catching every Pokémon is definitely not the way to be a Pokémon master. If that WAS the case, then Goh has a better chance to be a Pokémon master.

SatoSereFan224888

It’s very clear as day that ash will NOT catch every Pokémon, so catching every Pokémon is definitely not the way to be a Pokémon master. If that WAS the case, then Goh has a better chance to be a Pokémon master.
True.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
To copy and paste an older version of the FAQs https://forums.serebii.net/threads/...ore-posting-jan-24-2013.561725/#post-14174179
A. This is actually a vague question to answer, considering how, if you think about it, the anime never actually defined the term “Pokémon Master”. No other form of Pokémon media has defined the term, either, nor is there anything that implies it means capturing every Pokémon.
While we know from episode dialogues that you’ll be a Top Coordinator as soon as you win one Grand Festival, the same can’t be said for ‘regular’ Pokémon Trainers, apparently.
People like Tyson and Tobias, who have both won regional League tournaments, have never been called Pokémon Masters – and not even Lance or Cynthia, who’re of an even higher rank, have been referred to as such.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
We will learn a Pokemon Master needs to pass all the Classes in the Academy and the Champion Assessment test. Can totally see as failing on one of the 2 followinf questions:
1. Do Electric type moves work on Ground types?
And
2. Who is the first Champion of Alola and current PWT Monarch?
I think that where the Treasure hunt comes in like the game mentioned that the treasure is not what are the stuff that can be found but is to find yourself and knowing your goals and dream are throughout the hunt so I think the writer might used the treasure hunt as a way to let Ash to find out what is the true meaning of being a Pokémon masters.
Go on, cry some more, would love to see your stupid excuses throughout Gen 9 and why Ash shouldn't stay for Gen 10
I'd still rather take an Ash reset compared to a new character
Can you imagine 25 year later when our kids are watching Pokémon (if the anime is still around by then or the company as a whole) and we can look back and tell our kid, "Look, I saw this guy when he first started his journey when I was young, I cried when he became a World Champion" and that Ash became a father/ son or family bonding moment, watching the Pokémon Anime together with our kids

But that’s how it is in the games by catching every Pokemon to fill the Pokédex.
Well, ARE YOU A POKEMON MASTERS after playing and catching all Pokémon in 9 generation of Pokémon games? No right? So what made you think Ash is gonna be a Pokémon Master solely by catching every Pokémon. Plus his Pikachu is NOT GOING to evolve so catch every Pokémon? Nah (waiting for your BS excuse on why Ash should leave and replaced with new MC because Pikachu is no going to Evolve no matter what in order to "fulfill your BS fantasy")

UnovaMaster

NGL I'd feel like a cringe dad if I tried to take away my son's ability to watch his own protagonist from the ground up just so he could infinitely watch my already completed protagonist, my kid shouldn't have to be indoctrinated into the Ash cult, they should be free to not have vicariously stan my life choices

TheNewGuy

985.jpg

Pathetic post.

I want stories to end where they end, and to me Ash becoming World Champion - especially given the manner of the win - feels like an ending. I'm not clamouring for him to go myself (tbh, I don't care enough) but it does feel like an ending. Wanting him to go is perfectly reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.