• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 9th: PM2019 135 - Pokémon! I Am Glad I Got To Meet You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ging wanted gon to find him and experience the wonders of the world.

Ash’s dad went to buy milk.
at least he didn't do.......this

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I love how they go ‘aww’ when the kitty appears…
and then they saw the true power of Meowthra! (I'm not making that up that's actually the cat's name)

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
if this is it, I hope either scenario happen that for the final 5 minute of the anime,:

1) There is a shot of an elderly Ash, sitting on a bench with Pikachu, watching all of his Pokémon (which includes Squirtle, Primeape, Goodra and Greninja and his Alolan Team), holding the thunderstone that Surge gave, joked to Pikachu that after all those year, he still stay the same while the rest have fully evolved. Then Ash doze off, with the thunderstone rolling out of his hand and came in contact with Pikachu, evolving him to a Raichu as THE final shot that officially wraps up Ash story

or

2) The anime show snippet of Ash. in the aftermath of the PWC, capturing and receiving Pokémon that he never caught throughout all his journey from his friends ( Like May gifting him a Torchic, Dawn with Empoleon, giving him a Piplup for example) and the final 2 minutes of the anime, with a teenage Ash, running towards all of his Pokémon at Oaks ranch and the anime ends with Ash on his own with Pikachu, taking a huge group photo with all of his Pokémon with Ash being the narrator, thanking us, the fans for following him and Pikachu throughout his journey and wishes us all the best as the anime officially ends.

or

it just Goh and Chole thanking Mew and Eevee for a chance that they got to meet them and led them to have a wonderful journey and making new friends with Ash and the JN ends with the Paldea region anime aired in the new year with Ash going to the region...

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I really want to think that the anime will continue on into Paldea, but man if this is the end of everything.....
It's been a pleasure ladies and gentleman. However, I just don't see it ending for good.

It's been a long 25 year journey, though. That's for sure. I would be surprised if Ash left the anime as the main protagonist. Especially if he loses to Leon. It would be crazy for the writers to do him dirty on his way out. He's been the main protagonist for 25 years. I've been following the anime since I was 8 years old. I'm 31 years old now....

I'm still a firm believe that Leon and Ash will tie at the very least, and Ash will continue his journey. Or maybe he'll win and his journey will end as the main protagonist. Even if that were to happen I'm sure we'll still see him in some capacity as a side character I'm sure. There's all kinds of outcomes that could happen. It will be very interesting to see how all of this unfolds.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
...doesn't anyone think they would make a way bigger deal about it if it actually were the end of the anime itself? Even if this were the last of Ash's journey, I doubt the anime would end.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
...doesn't anyone think they would make a way bigger deal about it if it actually were the end of the anime itself? Even if this were the last of Ash's journey, I doubt the anime would end.
That's why I don't necessarily think it's going to end as of this posting. Right now, I think it's 60-40 in favor of it continuing. However, I can see some big changes happening due to the title. I could see a timeskip to Ash officially being a teenager or young adult, his child take over the role of main character with him in the background, potentially a completely new character with Ash being this near mythic trainer like Red was in GS. I could also potentially see a studio change given all the issues the current animé has, especially with all the recent recaps, as well as its relatively lackluster ratings and rankings compared to the past series, and especially considering that the Pokémon games are currently in the midst of a surge in popularity, surpassing Gen 2 and inching closer and closer to Gen 1 and the rest of the franchise seeming to at least be holding steady. The one that's sticking out like a sore thumb is the animé.

I do think that if the animé were ending, or even if Ash's current journey were ending, we would be getting some more advance notice. However, I could potentially see them holding off on it due to not wanting to spoil the outcome of the Ash/Leon battle, but if that were truly the case, I don't think we would have gotten this episode's title just yet. We would have just gotten the Project Mew title with this one and JN 134's title being revealed next week. Still, I do think some big changes are coming in the future. It will be interesting to see what ads, posters, and leaks come after the outcome of Ash's battle with Leon.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I mean, we are still a month away
They might be waiting for the finals to end before they can talk about the future of the series, even if it's just Ash in Paldea

GhostWallker98

If Ash wins which is a huge if, I think Ash is going to refuse the title just like he did when offered to be a frontier brain which then leads him to Paldea.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
If Ash wins which is a huge if, I think Ash is going to refuse the title just like he did when offered to be a frontier brain which then leads him to Paldea.
How do you refuse a championship title? And wouldn’t that be seen as insulting or disrespectful?

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
He is NOT refusing the title of Monarch. That would be SO disrespectful to everybody else who participated in the World Coronation Series. The only reason he refused to be a Frontier Brain is that he would have to stay at one facility in the Kanto region (Battle Frontier was moved there for the anime) for his whole career which obviously doesn't sit well with a kid that loves exploring the world. There is no such incentive for him to reject the title. I think more likely he'll lose and he'll just start a new adventure in Paldea.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
How do you refuse a championship title? And wouldn’t that be seen as insulting or disrespectful?
I think it would be more him turning down the position of acting Monarch. But unlike Frontier Brain, Monarch is a lot less limiting on travel, so there's less reason for him to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.