• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 9th: PM2019 135 - Pokémon! I Am Glad I Got To Meet You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
What if Ash becomes Serena’s dad?
And Grace...and Serena...and Delia

And Pokemon is just an even screwier adaptation of Heinlein's "--All You Zombies--"

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
tbh I don't think it's really necessary for Ash to battle Lance, since he's basically overshot him anyway (in the lamest way possible). Also, him catching Mewtwo is hardly necessary, and I really don't think Mewtwo wants to be captured either.

Still, I agree with you on there being a lot of unfinished business left over for Pokémon, and no ending will truly feel 'complete' unless Ash ties up a few loose ends.

Glad to see you agree with me, even partially.

About Mewtwo, I guess to be a "Pokemon Master", catching the strongest Pokemon ever would be a big step to that goal. And sure, Mewtwo is not a Pokemon that wish to be captured, but Ash is essentially the best human he has ever bonded to in his life. If Ash captures Mewtwo, I believe their relationship would be like Goh and Suicune. I mean, Mewtwo would accept Ash as his trainer and would help him when he needs him the most, but instead of waiting at Oak's Lab with nothing to do, he would continue his "mission" to go helping Pokemon wherever they suffer.

Besides, considering the messes Ash gets trapped into, it wouldn't be hard for Mewtwo to face some Pokemon who might actually challenge his power. For example, Guzzlord might be a good challengoe for Mewtwo.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I hope that Ash decides to stay as a Research Fellow for Cerise Labs and with Goh going to be a full time member of Project Mew, Chloe asks to take Goh's place and act as Ash's partner after realizing she never really tried to really get to know him.

All three kids are grateful on how each of them have developed thanks to their Pokémon and decide on future endeavors.

TR goes back to HQ and gets a mission to get Terastelizing Pokémon from Paldea.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I hope this is not the end only the end of Journeys,Goh,Chloe and the lab crew.

Ash can continue cause if he continues TR continues.

But to be fair of all the gen 9 Pokemon I don't see any that fits Team Rocket.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
So, Ash finally wakes up after his coma?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Well it's the fact that is is right after everyone arcs have concluded
Do you know for sure that Goh's arc concludes before this episode? because it could also be the concluding episode of Project Mew. We don't know for sure how many episodes that arc will be yet.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
And Pokemon is just an even screwier adaptation of Heinlein's "--All You Zombies--"
Oh no.

I'm no fan of Heinlein but I know what that would mean.

Akashin

Do you know for sure that Goh's arc concludes before this episode? because it could also be the concluding episode of Project Mew. We don't know for sure how many episodes that arc will be yet.
Anything is possible, based on what we know so far. But it would be… odd, to say the least, to have an episode with a title with such obvious ties to the start of Ash’s journey, be about Goh.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Anything is possible, based on what we know so far. But it would be… odd, to say the least, to have an episode with a title with such obvious ties to the start of Ash’s journey, be about Goh.
Not that odd, if you think about it.

Goh and Ash are dual protagonists, and if the first episode title of OS was about Ash, maybe the final episode title of JN could be about Goh.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think it may be Goh's final episode and maybe we'll have 1 or 2 transitional episodes, maybe one of them being a Pallet Town episode like back in the OS and AG.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
It's actually rare to have "transitions" from even>odd numbered series, as the latter usually work like soft reboots
Hoenn transitioned to Sinnoh, the latter didn't transition to Unova
Unova transitioned to Kalos, the latter didn't transition to Alola
Alola transitioned to Journeys(sort of)

The only exception was Johto transitioning to Hoenn
That said, if Ash does continue I can see a new exception happening, no way they can do something without building up from Journeys

Sham

The Guardian of War
They just finished the PWC and Project Mew right before this. Come on bro, just look at the title and the context surrounding it.
They are gonna believe this 16 episode leak thing (still unconfirmed by the original distributor) until Ash is literally leaving Vermillion and then even then if it happen there will be more copes simply saying SV is a mini series and Journeys will be back on soon.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
When I first read this title I really thought this is another Project Mew episode (Absolutely LIVID at the notion it's only getting 2 episodes as opposed to atleast 4) but then seeing what Dephender said about it being an actual reference to the first episode .......man
I really hope this isn't the end simply because I feel one episode won't do it unless it's an hour special. Esp as Project Mew was cut short. I still don't believe the anime ends obviously but I also don't think Ash is leaving necessarily

Yes. There's no such mark here, so I don't think this should necessarily be the final episode.
Shouldn't this confirm it can't be the final episode then?
I don‘t think this is the last episode of JN.

The title makes me think it could be a final episode of a Project Mew arc. Goh’s entire goal/arc was the result of wanting to catch Mew after meeting him at summer camp when he was younger. This almost feels like a callback to that - thanking him for that first meeting as it gave him a goal and direction.

I’m not 100% sold on that theory. But it seems like it could fit if I just judged things on the title alone.
I really wish this was the case man. Project Mew deserves more episodes
Yep, "Pokémon! I (...) You!". They even made sure to write it in all-kana like episode titles were back in OS.
This scares me so much
I just realized this title could be a reference to Chloe too, considering this was the first time in her life she really became acquainted with Pokemon.
I wouldnt mind that!!

Gingertail24

Yeah? Character arcs in the anime usually
end by the big tournament or whatever. What else is GOH actually struggling with rn? This isn't me being snarky or anything, genuinely asking. All of the flaws/ issue addressed by the anime seemed to already found a conclusion by now.

And if you say "catching them all" that was never really taken seriously by the staff. Pretty sure that's the reason Pam was introduced

Status
Not open for further replies.