• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

December 9th: PM2019 135 - Pokémon! I Am Glad I Got To Meet You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akashin

I mean, I could totally picture that happening, but I just feel it's kinda sad that Ash keeps progressing but Team Rocket just stay the same they've always been. I get that it's their iconic role in this show, but I still kinda wish they'd get more.
To be clear, I 100% agree. I don’t except to see any last development, but it would definitely be my preference.

Oh well…

kickachu

Momentai!
Ash says he wants to continue battling

kickachu

Momentai!
So does Leon, and we'll probably never see Leon again after this series is over. :cool:
Least it's kind of proof ash will be the mc in the next series. Think about it before the series it took a while for preview of the current series came in 2019 to show and we didn't see ash but look what happened we got a poster with Pikachu and the Eevee evolutions and galar starters

MidnightHo-Oh

Least it's kind of proof ash will be the mc in the next series. Think about it before the series it took a while for preview of the current series came in 2019 to show and we didn't see ash but look what happened we got a poster with Pikachu and the Eevee evolutions and galar starters
Not necessarily... the anime and Pokémon company in general has been fairly surprising and unexpected as of late

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
We already had a confirmation about the series by the time Ash vs Guzma came around, and I'm pretty sure we got the poster during Ash vs Kukui

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
At this point, we don’t have confirmation that there will be a next series. Nothing has been officially teased or announced, so I wouldn’t take Ash’s dialog as confirmation of anything.

Akashin

Least it's kind of proof ash will be the mc in the next series.
Not at all. Any ending for Ash will almost certainly be one that makes it clear that his adventure is continuing even once we stop joining him on that adventure. Ash will keep adventuring and battling people as long as he humanly can; it’s in his nature.

I’m not saying this is absolutely the end (there are some very valid reasons to suspect it might be, though), but him wanting to continue battling has no bearing on whether or not the story is continuing.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
We already had TR thinking about leaving in the Cassidy and Bolt episode, it's hard to think about something else there

mockingjay

swift and lol
Ash and Pikachu's relationship form the backbone of the entire 25 year television series.

If the writers are just going to "start over" with a new male trainer and his partner Pokemon Pikachu, well, that's just redundant. They reboot his personality every series anyway and the backlash would be huge at such a pointless change.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash and Pikachu's relationship form the backbone of the entire 25 year television series.

If the writers are just going to "start over" with a new male trainer and his partner Pokemon Pikachu, well, that's just redundant. They reboot his personality every series anyway and the backlash would be huge at such a pointless change.

no one is saying Ash has to leave, but resetting him as things are now after the intensity of emotions in today's episode and the prestige factor of having won the PWC, to have Ash and Pikachu as they are go on like it's no big deal would probably incite just as much potential backlash.

Also, if we did get a new lead, who's to say Pikachu would be their partner?

My dream ending would be Ash finally aging, him marrying Serena and their kid being the new protagonist with Ash mentoring them :)

mockingjay

swift and lol
no one is saying Ash has to leave, but resetting him as things are now after the intensity of emotions in today's episode and the prestige factor of having won the PWC, to have Ash and Pikachu as they are go on like it's no big deal would probably incite just as much potential backlash.

Also, if we did get a new lead, who's to say Pikachu would be their partner?

You can't have the anime without Pikachu, he's the franchise's entire mascot. It'll never happen.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
I feel like we're all going to look back on all of this as overthinking and this just is the end. The title is right there, lol.

Akashin

I feel like we're all going to look back on all of this as overthinking and this just is the end. The title is right there, lol.
I can't say I fault people for all the varying opinions right now. The very prospect of the anime actually ending feels like a fundamentally ridiculous notion, but it's hard to deny all the signs pointing in that direction. We'll have debates over this up until either this episode airs or we get a credible leak concerning it.

It's hard to say people are overthinking when they point out that while the anime is showing signs of ending, the only real external sign of that is the lack of any sort of information about what comes next. We're in an odd situation right now.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
I can't say I fault people for all the varying opinions right now. The very prospect of the anime actually ending feels like a fundamentally ridiculous notion, but it's hard to deny all the signs pointing in that direction. We'll have debates over this up until either this episode airs or we get a credible leak concerning it.

It's hard to say people are overthinking when they point out that while the anime is showing signs of ending, the only real external sign of that is the lack of any sort of information about what comes next. We're in an odd situation right now.
Yeah not saying it doesn't actually make sense to speculate right now. Just that the signs are just kind of all aligning. To be fair though, the other external thing is OLM issues and that stuff, which isn't exactly going to really improve soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.